Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
it is publicity. its been publicity all along. trump is about trump.
Fits right in with what government has become, from the White House on down, more melodrama than anyone actually putting the country ahead of their own petty little wants, on both sides of the aisle.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I like Donald - but shouldn't he just be trying to
figure out how American can file bankruptcy

But it's ok to let the current resident at 1600 bankrupt the whole country?

Old 04-07-2011, 10:18 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Trump sends investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama

Self-proclaimed birther Donald Trump is now so doubtful of President Obama's birthplace that he's sent a team of his own investigators to Hawaii in hopes of getting to the bottom of the issue.

That's according to Trump himself, who, in an interview with NBC, warned his investigators just might uncover "one of the greatest cons in the history of politics and beyond."

"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump said an interview that aired Thursday Morning.

Asked if he has assigned people specifically to search in Hawaii, Trump said, "Absolutely."

Trump is a man that says what's on his mind. There's no question about where he stands. Whether right or wrong about his beliefs there's one thing Trump is doing that every other potential presidental candidate is not doing - admitting that there is huge doubt that Obama was (is) eligibile to serve as POTUS.

I truly hope that Trump does run because he will force the other candidates to address this issue in depth, instead of just waving it off for purely political reasons.
I wonder if Palin is happy being dethroned as the queen of populism...

Old 04-07-2011, 10:19 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Agreed.

If he was born in the US, just produce a full birth certificate. Period. It is very easy to eliminate any doubt. The fact that he spent money trying to fight producing a birth certificate has clouded many people's opinions on this.
He did so almost three years ago. He produced a state verified legal birth certificate. Why is this so hard to grasp??

Old 04-07-2011, 10:20 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
The Donald makes himself look like a fool yet again LOL!

Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 AM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
It is sad that people are treated this way for asking a very viable question. The fact that, to this day, Obama still refuses to produce a birth certificate is shameful. It just shouts that he has something to hide and it leaves doubt in a lot of minds.
He did three years ago. Why do you continue to lie about it??

Old 04-07-2011, 10:21 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It's very difficult to pin Trump as an Obama hater, considering how much he made fun of the Bush administration as well (Condi Rice for example).
Why does there have to be sides???? You can dislike both (hate is not the right word to use) dems and rep. After all, you are opposed to the person no matter what party they belong to. Unless of course you are a lemming and just toe the party line.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The Donald makes himself look like a fool yet again LOL!
Not really, remember, in marketing there's no such thing as bad publicity. Maybe he'll be able to hawk a few more mattresses.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
I am rather surprised at the number of people whom, as soon as Mr. Trump makes a statement about 'investigators' and such, immediately proclaim him 'very intelligent', etc.

I am reminded of Al Capone's vault, and the breathless statements by Geraldo leading up to the unveiling of.....nothing.

It would be interesting to see what the good people herein say if 1) Mr. Trump announces that his 'investigators' uncovered proof of the President's citizenship and 2) announced that he was sending his 'investigators' out to investigate Ms. Palin and some of her dealings. After all, if Mr. Trump wishes to run on the Republican ticket, he will need to 'bump off' some of his competition.

I must admit: I enjoy The Celebrity Apprentice. I think the weakest part of the show is Mr. Trump, who has little skills in questioning people ("And who do YOU think I should fire? Really? Hmm. And who do YOU think I should fire? Really? Hmmmmm")

Old 04-07-2011, 10:23 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,592,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Trump sends investigators to Hawaii to look into Obama

Self-proclaimed birther Donald Trump is now so doubtful of President Obama's birthplace that he's sent a team of his own investigators to Hawaii in hopes of getting to the bottom of the issue.

That's according to Trump himself, who, in an interview with NBC, warned his investigators just might uncover "one of the greatest cons in the history of politics and beyond."

"I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding," Trump said an interview that aired Thursday Morning.

Asked if he has assigned people specifically to search in Hawaii, Trump said, "Absolutely."

Trump is a man that says what's on his mind. There's no question about where he stands. Whether right or wrong about his beliefs there's one thing Trump is doing that every other potential presidental candidate is not doing - admitting that there is huge doubt that Obama was (is) eligibile to serve as POTUS.

I truly hope that Trump does run because he will force the other candidates to address this issue in depth, instead of just waving it off for purely political reasons.
love it... I hope that he publishes the results of his investigation, no matter what they are...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies