Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:42 AM

334 posts, read 528,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
From what im' reading, the thread title is accurate. The DOJ representative states outright they can only bring suits where they have authority....and authority is only granted through the laws that are on the books..namely the Civil Rights Act and others dealing with schools. It does indeed appear that white, heterosexual males are not covered unless someone bully's them for being one of those attributes. How often does someone get bullied for being white and heterosexual is the big question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I disagree that the thread title is accurate, That policy should not be considered "racist" unless you consider the very 1964 Civil Rights Act to be racist.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 11:50 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
From what im' reading, the thread title is accurate. The DOJ representative states outright they can only bring suits where they have authority....and authority is only granted through the laws that are on the books..namely the Civil Rights Act and others dealing with schools. It does indeed appear that white, heterosexual males are not covered unless someone bully's them for being one of those attributes. How often does someone get bullied for being white and heterosexual is the big question.
A white person being bullied because they are white would fall under the federal civil rights laws. That is not the case presented in the article. Being "oversized", the case that is presented in the article, is not covered by the federal laws. A person of any race being bullied because of their race would be covered by the federal laws. Therefore it is not a "racist policy".

Old 03-19-2011, 11:56 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
A white person being bullied because they are white would fall under the federal civil rights laws. That is not the case presented in the article. Being "oversized", the case that is presented in the article, is not covered by the federal laws. A person of any race being bullied because of their race would be covered by the federal laws. Therefore it is not a "racist policy".
I don't disagree with you. I'm thinking deeper than that. I'm thinking that if a black kid bullied a white kid, no one would say "its because he's white." It just doesn't work like that, and anyone who says it does is not living in reality. However, if it were a white kid bullying a black kid, then anyone who felt compelled to say its "because he's black" would have the instant attention of the DOJ.

The Civil Rights Act is not racist. The implementation and execution is racist. Don't kid yourself. Open your eyes to the reality that is happening in this country every single day.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:14 PM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
"...Obviously, not only is the heterosexual white male student out of luck but inner city minority students lose out in this deal too.."

"..If a schoolyard bully is a straight black male and his target is another straight black male where does that leave the victim in the eyes of Attorney General Eric Holder? What about two female students of the same sexual orientation and race? Is the victim in the latter situation considered to be less equal in the eyes of Obama’s Justice Department than a minority student who is picked on by a heterosexual white male student with no disabilities?.."

Did you even read your own article or did you just want to stop another "woe is me, I'm a white guy" thread.

In other words your assertion is b.s.!!..and so it that of the author's!!
Yes I did read thats why I typed
If a minority is "bullied" by a white , DOJ will take the case , bullied by another minority , no.
In the OP .
Regarding your racist remark
"woe is me, I'm a white guy" thread.
I am a mixed race woman.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:20 PM

Good lord people ! We are struggling to figure out what color can bully what other color who is a federal color and who is a state color and who is a local color . I see the federal government making it worse , like always.
As a bonus , it will cost money we must borrow .

Old 03-19-2011, 12:26 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
Yes I did read thats why I typed
If a minority is "bullied" by a white , DOJ will take the case , bullied by another minority , no.
In the OP .
Regarding your racist remark
"woe is me, I'm a white guy" thread.
I am a mixed race woman.
Remark is not racist at all and it dosen't matter if you are a mixed race woman; the timbre of the thread is a "woe is me the white guy, society has demonised me" post.

The fact of the matter is that the DOJ will take the case but not under the auspices of the civil rights act.

Again, stop with the sensationalism.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Remark is not racist at all and it dosen't matter if you are a mixed race woman; the timbre of the thread is a "woe is me the white guy, society has demonised me" post.

The fact of the matter is that the DOJ will take the case but not under the auspices of the civil rights act.

Again, stop with the sensationalism.
DOJ’s website
The Civil Rights Division and the entire Justice Department are committed to ending bullying and harassment in schools, and the video highlights the Department’s authority to enforce federal laws that protect students from discrimination and harassment at school because of their race, national origin, disability, religion, and sex, including harassment based on nonconformity with gender stereotypes.

Where do you get the "fact" that the DOJ will take cases other than stated above?

Old 03-19-2011, 01:00 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Bureau of Justice Assistance
Bureau of Justice Assistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United States Department of Justice
United States Department of Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[edit] Law enforcement agenciesSeveral federal law enforcement agencies are administered by the Department of Justice:

United States Marshals Service (USMS)
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP)
National Institute of Corrections
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
All under the umbrella of the DOJ

Plenty of resources available to help the poor white guy who may get bullied....do you need more??

Old 03-19-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Bureau of Justice Assistance
Bureau of Justice Assistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United States Department of Justice
United States Department of Justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[edit] Law enforcement agenciesSeveral federal law enforcement agencies are administered by the Department of Justice:

United States Marshals Service (USMS)
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP)
National Institute of Corrections
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
All under the umbrella of the DOJ

Plenty of resources available to help the poor white guy who may get bullied....do you need more??
Ok , do you remember that we were posting about bullying in the school ? Its fine if you don't , you just get some rest .

Old 03-19-2011, 05:44 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
Wake up people. This new anti-bullying public school program is not about color. Its about sexual orientation. Do a little Googling. There's lots out there. This will get you started:

The real agenda behind schools' anti-bullying curriculum | StarTribune.com (http://www.startribune.com/local/18846129.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies