Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 02:28 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Who are the rebels?
What are their political beliefs?
Do they want a secular government?
Do they want to impose Sharia law?

Any of the supporters of the new war know the answers and care to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 02:30 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Who are the rebels?
What are their political beliefs?
Do they want a secular government?
Do they want to impose Sharia law?

Any of the supporters of the new war know the answers and care to share?
MB will get in just like in Egypt. CALIPHATE HERE WE COME!!!!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:36 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Al Qaida commander backs Libyan rebels in message
A senior member of al Qaida urged Libyan rebels to continue their fight against Muammar Gaddafi and warned of the consequences of defeat, in a videotaped message posted on Jihadi websites, the Qatar-based Gulf News reported on Sunday.
No surprise to me.

This means we are helping people who are friendly to Al-Qaida with our military actions. Not good. And what does that say about all of the other protests?
Your post makes about as much sense as the Tea Party.

Now we are supporting Al-Qaeda?

Geez, who wouda thunk!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:36 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Inside the Muslim Brotherhood: Part 1
But according to Egyptian analysts and many young leaders of the revolution, it was the Muslim Brotherhood that quietly sustained the real fires of protest until they engulfed Egypt in an all-out revolution that would topple the corrupt and brutal 30-year reign of Hosni Mubarak.

The question now looms: What role will the Muslim Brotherhood — by far the largest and most-organized opposition group in Egypt — play in shaping the country's future? And how might the movement’s international chapters contribute as protests spread to Jordan, Algeria, Libya and elsewhere?
Two part series on the role of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. Includes video from Frontline program.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Your post makes about as much sense as the Tea Party.

Now we are supporting Al-Qaeda?

Geez, who wouda thunk!
OK - I have given you three posts on info I have.

What do you think this is and what info/reports can you support it with?

Old 03-23-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Why do you think Obama did it without Congressional approval?
My uneducated opinion is..

This would be heavily debated - giving possibility to all sorts of negative issues for him - indecisiveness, similarity to Iraq, the power vacuum left if Gadaffi is removed and who will take over, do we have a coalition, all of the past quotes he used against Bush, etc. It's much safer for him to announce this out of country with no scrutiny.

I am not saying (for now) that he is directly supporting Muslim Brotherhood causes - but his policies (with Holder's positions) trend towards Muslims, so I have to have that in the back of my mind also. For now - I am taking our military action supporting al-Qaida/MB as an unintended consequence.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:50 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
My uneducated opinion is..

This would be heavily debated - giving possibility to all sorts of negative issues for him - indecisiveness, similarity to Iraq, the power vacuum left if Gadaffi is removed and who will take over, do we have a coalition, all of the past quotes he used against Bush, etc. It's much safer for him to announce this out of country with no scrutiny.

I am not saying (for now) that he is directly supporting Muslim Brotherhood causes - but his policies (with Holder's positions) trend towards Muslims, so I have to have that in the back of my mind also. For now - I am taking our military action supporting al-Qaida/MB as an unintended consequence.
Very well said and I share those same thoughts. I find it too damn coincidental that wherever we are showing up for support of the opposition (militarily or otherwise), the MB are involved. Take that with the fact that the Obama administration took them off the terror list and have been trying to convince us that they are the good guys. Something isn't right with all of that.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
All i here is the rebels the rebels we are helping out the rebels. I wondered when this war began, ok we are talking about these rebels, and helping them out, but just who exactly are we helping out, and is it going to come back and bite us! And when and if this evil dictator does leave or is killed, who them will run the Country, his Son!

Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Al-Qaida is a government group created to agitate the Soviet Union into invading Afghanistan, and to further the NWO agenda. Al-qaida is not turban wearing raggedy rebels

Old 03-23-2011, 09:52 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,578 times
Quote:
OK - I have given you three posts on info I have.

What do you think this is and what info/reports can you support it with?
The Al-GoadUs can say anything they want.

I have no doubt that they would like to gain power by any and all means.

(Reminds me of Republicans).

That has nothing to do with what the U.N. is trying to do...Get rid of a crazy dictator.

Some young kid says this, some kid says that, so says yet another.

Meaningless.

No one knows what will happen, not even the world powers now engaged.

Only time will tell.

Everything else is conjecture at best, and propaganda at worst.

Last edited by oldtimer2; 03-23-2011 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies