Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
I've worked in bars forever and have had the most issues young white males. Young white women are a distant second. Blacks aren't even on the radar. Asses come in all races, ages and sex.

One of the worst places I ever worked was a bar an a very affluent area. 99% white customers. Some of the biggest, most entitled, rude pricks I've ever dealt with. Tons of issues with fights, refusing to leave at last call, trying to scam on the tab, refusing to tip, trying to steal beers,,etc...

Now, if we are talking about unrulyness at the movies, I think it's fair to point the finger at black people

Let's see here:

If one demographic represents 80% of the population and 99% of your customers who would you figure you'd have the most iussues with?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I guess when black women get thrown out of clubs for being a-holes they cry racism.....
You made a pretty big leap; I'm not surprised.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Why do White (and now Hispanic) security tend to overact when a Black person simply raises their voice (Part 2)

Why do MOST blacks feel the need to raise their voice period? Whether it be in a restaurant, club, store, outside or in private, blacks always are the loudest ones, why is that?
By loud, what do you mean? Loud as in getting violent and wanting to fight or loud as in having a good time, just with an elevated voice?

I'm Black and my family is LOUD. When we get together it's a loud, good time. There is no fussing, no fighting; but we're a loud bunch. Always have been. I love it...couldn't stand being in a quiet family. Reminds me of some of the shows I watch about some Italian families....some people are just loud.

Why does it bother you?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:50 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
I also have a problem with loud people. They make me nervous and aggressive, i.e. they cause me stress. That is why I avoid Spaniards, they are also very loud, whether they are arguing or joking.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:53 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why are you assuming "woman".

I have not read the O.P.'s previous threads and posts, and even though I have no problems with the gay lifestyle, I feel that I still have the right to assume that when an anonymous poster on a message board talks about having a boyfriend, that the person posting it is a woman. I refuse to be forced into some politically correct mindset that someone who has a boyfriend has to be equally probably a gay male as a straight female.

In addition, the black community is not as accepting of the gay lifestyle, so there are much less openly gay black men than gay white men. The Hispanic community is also very macho and not very accepting of Hispanic gay men.

That based on the O.P. now being a gay black male and at a gay nightclub, then it's likely that he is also an effeminate gay male and full of female mannerisms... and not much different acting than a black woman. SHRUG.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:01 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Perhaps they overreacted but I wouldn't assume it was b/c of race.

I've been on both sides of this situation with both police and security/bouncers. many a time I've dealt with a power tripping bouncer or security guy and I'm a clean cut white guy. I've been grabbed and tossed out of a club before for absolutely no reason at all (wrong place at the wrong time or mistaken identity) and learned long ago to just let it go.

I'm also an ex bartender/bouncer/semi professional musician. I've spend many a night in clubs working in one of those capacities and have probably jumped the gun booting someone or cutting someone off. Sometimes there are nights where the atmosphere at the bar/club/event is just extra chippy and after several incidents you just start tossing people the minute they begin a confrontation or yelling b/c you are tired of breaking up fights.
^^^ I agree completely with this post!!!! Clubs try very hard not to be full of couple dramas. It doesn't take much for friends to get involved, or a stranger to be shoved by accident and the whole situation to get out of control. And if a club gets a reputation for fights, then they become very vulnerable to losing their liquor license, and then they are out of business.

And much better for people like the O.P. to be thrown out by a nightclub bouncer than to have the police involved.

I think that the bigger issue is that the O.P. was all wound up about being disrespected by her boyfriend, but ended up being removed from the club against her/his will... and that has to be even more bruising for their ego.

Anyway, my vote is that the reason for the O.P.'s removal had nothing at all to do with being black. Stop playing the race card. It's all worn out and in tatters.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:05 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
OP, I remember your previous thread on this topic. The situation (which you had explained in greater detail than this thread) was much more of a relationship issue and therefore probably more appropriate for the Relationship forum.

But with that being said...yes there is some bias in some situations involving Black people and non-Black law enforcement/authority figures but you need to take some time to reflect on your own actions in the situation as well, because every situation is not a racial incident.

If I recall correctly, your date ditched you at a club, basically dumped you for another guy which ticked you off. Sometimes people need to learn how to walk away and not escalate a situation unnecessarily. If someone doesn't want to be with you, why try to argue the point. They don't want to be with you. In your previous post, you came across as an aggressor with exhibiting harrassing behavior. Many people can solve their own problems by simply learning when to keep the mouth closed and walk away.

I think that you case is probably injured pride more than anything else.

You know i do tend to agree with you some on this case. Only because of what i have seen in the past from both Men and Women who have injured pride, because of a nasty break up, or cheating sort to speak.

Battered pride sometimes makes one do things out of the oridinary, just for the sake of getting even or putting one over that now nasty person.

There is something called being strong, but there also at the same time is strong but harrasing demeaning behavior. I think i see some battered pride going on here, but do not think the person needed to be handled in this manner by the security guard.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:19 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
I have witnessed many lovers' quarrels. No matter the skin color or the sexual orientation, they ALL get really loud really fast.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I also have a problem with loud people. They make me nervous and aggressive, i.e. they cause me stress. That is why I avoid Spaniards, they are also very loud, whether they are arguing or joking.
Just curious..why would loud people make you aggressive? Especially if the loudness is from them having fun; are you an only child?

Old 03-25-2011, 10:27 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingUSA View Post
I wrote this thread just a couple weeks ago. Long story short, I was yelling at my boyfriend in a nightclub and next thing I know some security guy grabs me by my arm, pulls me away...and then starts literally shoving me towards the exit and then threatens me with an arrest and "You're gonna go to jail". All because I simply repeated (to my boyfriend), "YOU ARE NOT GOING TO DISRESPECT ME IN THIS CLUB!" I was trying to bring up a real issue some areas in this country is facing.

Really? Well I'll be damned

I was all the way out in Albuquerque, NM and happened to glance at the NY times at this article about police in Miami, my hometown. I bet in each case, the guy (the suspect) probably did nothing wrong except not say, "yes sir" to each of the interrogating and the cops over-reacted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/23/us/23miami.html?_r=1

Race Issues Rise for Miami Police - Readers' Comments - NYTimes.com

Because usually the problem escalates to someone getting killed and no club owner wants any part of that to ruin business.

What is this thing with blacks and "respect/disrespect"??? You don't get respect, you EARN it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies