Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 PM

3,340 posts, read 9,695,408 times

Advertisements

Ok how about this, I am a man first, but I also happen to be Christian and gay. Do I believe its a sin? Well I don't know, I've personally seen plenty of signs that it isn't. But if it is, well, John 3:16. I also firmly believe in respect for all people and their beliefs UNLESS their beliefs do not respect the humanity of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 11:35 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,975,190 times
The gay lifestyle means dating someone and partnering with someone of the same gender. That's what gay means. Christian do not approve or like that lifestyle. How hard can this be?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,975,190 times
Go by your own morality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael07 View Post
Ok how about this, I am a man first, but I also happen to be Christian and gay. Do I believe its a sin? Well I don't know, I've personally seen plenty of signs that it isn't. But if it is, well, John 3:16. I also firmly believe in respect for all people and their beliefs UNLESS their beliefs do not respect the humanity of others.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:52 AM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
And I never lie, so what's your point?

Yep, "offensive" is subjective. "I find the gay lifestyle to be offensive, but that doesn't stop anybody from behaving in that manner." I also don't slur people the way that Christians are regularly slurred throughout C-D, particularly by gay posters.

My posts don't lack empathy, if I have a problem with empathy, it's that I have too much of it. Just b/c you disagree with me doesn't mean you know me, nor does it mean that what you say about me is true.
You find something that doesn't exist OFFENSIVE?

If you're so compassionate than why do you keep lying by even claiming there IS such a thing as a gay lifestyle and then go onto NOT call heterosexual orientation a behavior, but homosexual orientation a behavior.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The gay lifestyle means dating someone and partnering with someone of the same gender. That's what gay means. Christian do not approve or like that lifestyle. How hard can this be?
So people who are gay (which is an inborn trait)... should partner with...? You find it offensive that people follow by what nature INTENDS? and you find ACCURATE and HONEST LOVE OFFENSIVE? not to mention the fact that the Bible never even mentions the homosexual orientation IN IT.. so basically what you're saying is that you're a bigot, and want to hold up a big book and go.. it's not me, it's the book.. and then you can get away with it?

Old 03-29-2011, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right

So you're saying everyone who's straight AUTOMATICALLY HAS to have sex with they reach puberty? and do then have to have sex ONCE a week to MAINTAIN being a heterosexual?

I knew i was gay at age 10 yet didn't even date until my mid twenties... I was NOT STRAIGHT during this period, yet GAY.. according to you I was NEITHER because to have a sexual orientation you have to continually have sex.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:08 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,837,854 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJtjqLUHYoY

Old 03-29-2011, 10:31 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,555,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I live in a small town in North DAkota. I live near my family. Here all we do is work, watch tv, go grocery shopping, go out with friends etc. My family is all straight and my friends are mostly straight. My lifestyle isn't any different than any of theirs, except that I"m more conservative than all of my friends. I'm against casual sex (for myself) i don't care if others do it, that's their business. I have a degree in religion and I'm pretty shy and introverted and stay home a lot watching TV and reading. I keep hearing Christians mention a 'gay lifestyle'. I keep wondering what it is, so that I can learn about it. Being gay is a PART of who I am, like my hair color. It was not chosen. I wish someone would explain to me what they mean by the 'gay lifestyle'. I have never got any specific answers, yet people claim to know what my lifestyle is.
You know exactly what they are saying.....
So what's up with your question?

Old 03-29-2011, 10:34 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,578,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
That may work in Sydney but it doesn't in red state America. Around here you have two choices...the gay clubs or online hookup websites, both of which promote promiscuity.
How would you know?

Old 03-29-2011, 10:36 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,578,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I find the gay lifestyle to be offensive..
Please explain to me exactly what the gay lifestyle is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies