Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 06:10 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,873,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Do you think it would be any different if war mongers McCain and Palin were sitting in the Oval Office right now instead of Obama? No, we'd have been over there with boots on the ground a month ago.
So Obama is as bad as McCain?

THAT is the line of reasoning you are going with?

Obama,and by their continued support,his followers are neo-cons and chickenhawks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2011, 06:27 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,475,771 times
Obama in 2002: Toppling Brutal Dictator a ‘Dumb War’

Oh, the hypocrisy of clown Obozo!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:40 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Obama is starting to realize that playing President is not BEING President. He's had years of role playing, reading lines off the teleprompter like an actor reading a script. I believe he's escalating a situation he has no idea how to fix, will decide not to run in 2012 (he'll come up with a convenient excuse to save face), and will leave a big dung heap for his replacement to clean up. One they can't blame on Bush.

The boxed set of "The West Wing" does not equate experience. Barry is an incompetent boob who is in way over his head. I don't know if the country will survive until 2012.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:23 AM

154 posts, read 216,916 times

Here's something just as meaningful.

Quote:
Postal Service Celebrates Another Awesome Day Of Delivering Mail | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
Postal Service Celebrates Another Awesome Day Of Delivering Mail

'We Did It Again, You Guys,' Jubilant Postmaster Declares

March 2, 2011 | ISSUE 47•09 (http://www.theonion.com/issue/4709/ - broken link)

Postal Service Celebrates Another Awesome Day Of Delivering Mail | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Old 03-31-2011, 09:30 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
Don't worry, the Muslim Brotherhood will take over Libya just like they did Egypt.
You are exactly right.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
O Bombo is just following orders from his banker bosses in London...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Truthfully, I am bewildered that Barack Obama, who obviously had no idea what it meant to be POTUS given the obvious flaws in his campaign rhetoric, can actually face American's given the magnitude of his flip-flopped stance on war and intervention. I wonder if he sits in the Oval Office and actually recognizes the massive boondoggle of words vs. actions that he himself has created? Is the President really this dense? Is the President cognizant of how he is viewed by those who elected him, and evenmoreso by those who despise him?

Can one man speak out of both sides of his mouth so many times and actually not recognize the fallacy of his ways?

Quite simply, this man cannot be trusted. All you have to do is compare his words to his actions to understand his mindset. I wouldn't give any legitimacy to a private citizen who acts this way towards me, so why would I even consider giving the President a free pass? Trust me....I don't and I won't.
I am just bewildered, that so many are still buying into the rhetoric that Obama is still selling, at some point, you have to just realize what this person is all about. He flip-flops so often, how can you all be ok with that. This President obviously cannot be trusted.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
It is a wonder to listen to the Obamaspinmeisters interpreting his rationale for getting involved in Libya and not getting involved elsewhere.

Obama has to remember that his words and actions are not being reviewed by a world full of lawyers and politicians. His great failure is his ability to communicate.

The people all over the world hear what he says and based on his speech believe he will ride his whitehouse into Syria and Iran or anywhere else the downtrodden try to rise up. Won't they be surprised!

Obama is a media contrived orator of great embellished accomplishment who fails to make the grade as a communicator.

Hypocrocy is a mild insult that needs to be corrected for recognition of an egomaniacal attitude enabled by the purposeful lack of archival reference by the media. With no existence of yesterday, the need to explain any transition from position A to position B is unnceesary.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
It is a wonder to listen to the Obamaspinmeisters interpreting his rationale for getting involved in Libya and not getting involved elsewhere.

Obama has to remember that his words and actions are not being reviewed by a world full of lawyers and politicians. His great failure is his ability to communicate.

The people all over the world hear what he says and based on his speech believe he will ride his whitehouse into Syria and Iran or anywhere else the downtrodden try to rise up. Won't they be surprised!

Obama is a media contrived orator of great embellished accomplishment who fails to make the grade as a communicator.

Hypocrocy is a mild insult that needs to be corrected for recognition of an egomaniacal attitude enabled by the purposeful lack of archival reference by the media. With no existence of yesterday, the need to explain any transition from position A to position B is unnceesary.

Do you see how when Obama makes a decision, he is not sure people are buying into that he has a rationale, about these decisions he has made, when he thinks the public at large, is not buying into his rhetoric.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Do you think it would be any different if war mongers McCain and Palin were sitting in the Oval Office right now instead of Obama? No, we'd have been over there with boots on the ground a month ago.
Considering McCain more or less supports Obama's decision to intervene, that is a pretty safe bet to make.

Putting aside whether intervening there is right or wrong, the fact of the matter is McCain did not campaign on a platform of nonintervention (the man was talking tough about Russia invading Georgia), while Obama did. Furthermore, McCain is not President, while Obama is.

Which leaves me wondering about the relevancy of your statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies