Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2011, 08:22 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1mom View Post
"THE WORST PRESIDENT THE UNITED STATES oF AMERICA HAS EVER SEEN"

Come back here at a considerably future date (20- 30 years, or more??) and I'll wager you that the history books will have given that not so dubious distinction to none other than George W. Bush.

Actually history will probably be much better to Bush than the liberal media was ever to him. No, I think Carter and Obama will still battle for worst President ever. Both lack leadership skills, both are economic and foreign policy failures.

The worst part of Obama is his absolute arrogance and his self perceived gift of being able to give a speech. Now that he smoke and mirrors of his teleprompter and his smoke & mirrors policies are figured out, it is easy to see that he is a sham. Let him go and preside over China since he thinks it will be easier.

2012!!!! The Conservative Victory will be so sweet. It will nice to elect some responsible politicians who want to listen to the people. It will be nice to vote out the people who want to enslave Americans to the government only for the sake of power and votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 08:24 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yes the 83 recovery WAS stronger than the current recovery, but that doesn't make the current recovery the "weakest ever" as was claimbed. Look at the charts in the link I provided. Several years had weaker recoveries that this one - most notably the one with Bush 41.

Ken
Just wait until Q3 and Q4 of 2011, when we will be looking at double digit GDP losses as our economy collapses under pressure from high oil prices. Anybody who looks at these numbers without looking at the fundamentals and where we are headed, and thinks things are actually getting better is a shortsighted fool.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:27 PM

32,067 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Actually history will probably be much better to Bush than the liberal media was ever to him. No, I think Carter and Obama will still battle for worst President ever. Both lack leadership skills, both are economic and foreign policy failures.

The worst part of Obama is his absolute arrogance and his self perceived gift of being able to give a speech. Now that he smoke and mirrors of his teleprompter and his smoke & mirrors policies are figured out, it is easy to see that he is a sham. Let him go and preside over China since he thinks it will be easier.

2012!!!! The Conservative Victory will be so sweet. It will nice to elect some responsible politicians who want to listen to the people. It will be nice to vote out the people who want to enslave Americans to the government only for the sake of power and votes.

What conservative victory are we talking about. Who is running

Old 04-02-2011, 08:29 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Right here (post #73) after Shorebaby made the same bogus claim.

The sharpest drop in unemployment since 1983

Ken
That is a pretty poor way to judge. GDP growth does not always translate to jobs, it certainly didn't in 2009.

Instead, lets use the Monthly Labor Review to be the judge.

According to their March 2011 issue, the job recovery in 2010 was the weakest in the dataset, save for 1992. 1991-1992 is explained away by the sharp reduction in military spending following the collapse of the USSR, which saw thousands of defense contractor layoffs (200k defense contractors alone were laid off in California in 1992). So, the cause of protracted unemployment was not tied to the recession the previous year.

For those who do not visit the link, here are the percent payroll gains 10 months after the trough ends:

1973-1975 recession +3.1% +2.3 million jobs
1981-1983 recession +3.1% +2.7 million jobs
1990-1991 recession +0.1% +100k jobs
2001-2003 recession +1.2% +1.6 million jobs

4 cycle average: 1.9% +1.7 million jobs

2007-2009 recession +0.8% +1.0 million jobs*

*Revised data now show +940k jobs

Also recall that census jobs also played a huge part in 2010 job gains. Spring 2010 job gains were about 60% Census related.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:30 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,339,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And Coincidently seasonal summer jobs are hiring again.
What exactly are these "Summer jobs". Living in Florida my whole life, I have never heard this term. Our employment across the state crashes in the Summer as snow birds go back home and our service industry suffers. This is typical of most of the Southern states. I would think our unemployment rate would go up during the Summer as schools close and restaurant hiring goes down.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:47 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Curious how no one on the right can accept he has done good for the economy the Repugs nearly demolished.

Facts are so bothersome to them. they would choke on the words if they tried to say something positive.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:48 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
thank bambam for what? when is that hope and change going to start happening? guess after he is just another 1 term potus is when it will happen, because sure as the sun comes up in the morning, bambam is just as bad as bush.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:

Come back here at a considerably future date (20- 30 years, or more??) and I'll wager you that the history books will have given that not so dubious distinction to none other than George W. Bush.
Sorry but when Obama does the exact same thing Bush did, he validates some of the actions taken by him..

I cant list a single policy of Obamas which would be classified as a success, and I'm willing to bet that history will record Obama as the president responsible for the largest deficit increases in history, putting the nation on the brink of bankruptcy..

At some point in the future, these $2T+ yearly deficits need to be paid off.. History wont be as kind on Obama as you wish.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:55 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:

neither bush nor bambam is the worst potus ever.

that is reserved for woodrow wilson.

Old 04-02-2011, 09:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Media Matters must have mailed out spiked Kool-aid packets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies