Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 05:20 AM

515 posts, read 368,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I thought conservatives never cared about the ethnicity of immigrants?

Truth is Exposed.
lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 11:29 AM

589 posts, read 756,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
Japanese love their culture and don't want that, that's right..But they don't have babies they need to pay their Social Security.
Japanese population :
0-14 years old : 13.8% of Japan population
65 years and over : 23%

Without immigration their economy will decline.

Fertility is a gray subject. The birth rate can always climb back up to replacement.

And immigration is taken for granted in the West, the Eastern nations view us as crazy for allowing in so many people a year that the native population [in Europe] will become a minority. The Japanese especially feel that way, and what if they are right ? Then the Japanese will still be around in 200 years since they never gambled with immigration, but the Europeans wont be since they did gamble for the short term gain from immigration, which is mostly - cheap labor so that the upper class can make more money. The typical citizen in countries that allow immigration dont see any positive benefit from it, it generally only benefits people who are already rich.

Besides. The idea of a "No-Go" area in Tokyo, setup by immigrant Muslims to Japan to keep "infidel" native Japanese out of is hilarious. The Japanese government would never allow their people to be put into that situation. Yet if you go to Europe No-Go areas are all over the place, it really puts things into perspective how much our Western governments care about the people [which is 0].

Last edited by jonaos; 04-06-2011 at 11:42 AM..

Old 04-06-2011, 11:31 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
The social security ponzi scheme demands that more new blood enter the country to become wage/debt slaves.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:44 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I wish immigration would be more fair... if you look at the demographics we do NOT need any more hispanics... we should immigrate people to be EVENLY divided in this country... such as 1/4 hispanics, 1/4 white (europeans and others), 1/4 asians, and 1/4 africans.... why we constantly choose one race over another is unbelievable... how can the US be so inequitable...
If we did that we'd be called racists.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:47 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,747 times
Quote:
Japanese love their culture and don't want that, that's right..But they don't have babies they need to pay their Social Security.
Japanese population :

Japanese people have kids at a responsible rate. Would you prefer this to out of control breeding in America?

The elderly live with family members.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:52 AM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,750 times
Quote:
Japanese population :

Hmm, not having babies and having their economy decline versus taking in "refugees" who want to kill them.

Muslim "refugee" threatens to kill Japanese officials.

YouTube - MUSLIM THREATENS TO KILL JAPANESE IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS & COMMIT SUICIDE

Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 AM

1,742 posts, read 959,658 times
I think our immigration system should be mostly based on economic need, not social engineering or family re-unification.

The days when we could admit an unlimited number of immigrants (1800's-1920's) -when there were millions of acres of arable land that needed farmers and industrial expansion was non stop- are long over. To continue to base our system on an outdated model is extremely damaging to our country. We no longer need millions of low skilled, uneducated workers for our economy. But that is exactly what we have been receiving with both legal and illegal immigration. Want to know why those at the lower end of the economic scale have not seen real wages increase in years? Well, you have your answer in the immigration statistics.

I believe immigration should be capped at a yearly rate based on the unemployment rate. Some years would go up, some would go down, some years it would be virtually non-existent. Immigrants should be allowed from any country, as long as they are an economic benefit and they believe in the American system. Only a relatively small number should be admitted due to family or other factors.

I'm not one who forms an opinion solely on anecdotal evidence, but let me give you one example. There is a lady at my work who is an Iraqi immigrant. She and her family have been here about 14 years. They arrived due to the visa lottery (which is the most absurd idea I have ever heard). Now, she is a very nice person, her husband has a good job, I've met their kids, both in college, so in this case it seems to have ended up well. However, we were talking last year about citizenship. She said she had no desire to become an American citizen, except for the fact that with citizenship she could bring over her elderly parents. Therefore she became a citizen last year, and guess what? Her elderly parents are now here. They do not speak english, obviously too old to work, but will become eligible for government assistance- exactly what she was looking for. They were not in harm's way- they had actually left Iraq and lived with their other daughter very comfortably and peacefully in Beirut. But she was able to bring them over due to "family re-unification" ! We as taxpayers will be paying for them the rest of their lives.

Just one little example of why I oppose our current system.

Old 04-06-2011, 12:26 PM

589 posts, read 756,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
I think our immigration system should be mostly based on economic need, not social engineering or family re-unification.

The days when we could admit an unlimited number of immigrants (1800's-1920's) -when there were millions of acres of arable land that needed farmers and industrial expansion was non stop- are long over. To continue to base our system on an outdated model is extremely damaging to our country. We no longer need millions of low skilled, uneducated workers for our economy. But that is exactly what we have been receiving with both legal and illegal immigration. Want to know why those at the lower end of the economic scale have not seen real wages increase in years? Well, you have your answer in the immigration statistics.

I believe immigration should be capped at a yearly rate based on the unemployment rate. Some years would go up, some would go down, some years it would be virtually non-existent. Immigrants should be allowed from any country, as long as they are an economic benefit and they believe in the American system. Only a relatively small number should be admitted due to family or other factors.

I'm not one who forms an opinion solely on anecdotal evidence, but let me give you one example. There is a lady at my work who is an Iraqi immigrant. She and her family have been here about 14 years. They arrived due to the visa lottery (which is the most absurd idea I have ever heard). Now, she is a very nice person, her husband has a good job, I've met their kids, both in college, so in this case it seems to have ended up well. However, we were talking last year about citizenship. She said she had no desire to become an American citizen, except for the fact that with citizenship she could bring over her elderly parents. Therefore she became a citizen last year, and guess what? Her elderly parents are now here. They do not speak english, obviously too old to work, but will become eligible for government assistance- exactly what she was looking for. They were not in harm's way- they had actually left Iraq and lived with their other daughter very comfortably and peacefully in Beirut. But she was able to bring them over due to "family re-unification" ! We as taxpayers will be paying for them the rest of their lives.

Just one little example of why I oppose our current system.

Family unification is a scheme, its been abused by the Government to. When Reagan gave amnesty to 4 million illegals that number was really 12 million since the amnesty-illegals were now able to bring their families here to.

And if we give another amnesty to illegals it will be the same thing. Amnesty for 12 million will really equal 40-50 million once they bring all their relatives here.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:17 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,348 times
why do a lot of people think 'the more, the merrier'?

mostly i think america needs fewer people, not more!

Old 04-06-2011, 01:40 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
These numbers only matter for those who they KNOW ABOUT.

The ones they DON'T KNOW ABOUT NOR COUNT are the ones we need to be most concerned with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies