Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:43 PM

829 posts, read 2,956,180 times

Advertisements

There is a lot of support for Ron Paul, and there are a lot of us out there who have the Libertarian/"Real Conservative" ideals...A lot of us who look up to the forefathers and believe in what they stood for, and want our country back to the way it was designed...wanting complete liberty and freedom. Is there a chance that someone like Ron Paul could ever become the president? Someone like Chuck Baldwin who ran as the Constitution Party canidate? Someone who is not a sissy liberal republican...What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 08:57 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,517,299 times
Sadly it will never happen, the Elite/NWO thugs will never surrender their power at the voting booth. A 3rd Party is needed but will never happen. My opinion IF Paul runs he will end up in the 5-7% range and waste tens of millions of other peoples money on a doomed campaign(again). Our Republic at best is in a Coma and we stand where our forefathers did around 1773 and again in 1860. He has plenty of good ideas but in 21st Century Amerika they are good for daydreaming only. I know this post is pretty negative BUT its reality. The voting process is futile...........

Old 04-03-2011, 08:59 PM

829 posts, read 2,956,180 times
I like his son as well, but I heard through the grapevine that he wont run because he would be going up against his father...which i guess makes sense, but I wonder how his son would do?

Old 04-03-2011, 11:08 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticViking View Post
I like his son as well, but I heard through the grapevine that he wont run because he would be going up against his father...which i guess makes sense, but I wonder how his son would do?
Ron is a true libertarian who has many good ideas while Rand is a tea party hack. Rand has little to no chance of being electable anytime soon.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:12 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:
There is a lot of support for Ron Paul, and there are a lot of us out there who have the Libertarian/"Real Conservative" ideals...A lot of us who look up to the forefathers and believe in what they stood for, and want our country back to the way it was designed...wanting complete liberty and freedom. Is there a chance that someone like Ron Paul could ever become the president? Someone like Chuck Baldwin who ran as the Constitution Party canidate? Someone who is not a sissy liberal republican...What do you think?
I would love to see either one of them elected.

Old 04-04-2011, 02:27 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,847 times
I don't think either one will be elected.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
I would hope someone like him could, someday, maybe sooner than later could become Pres, but not Ron Paul himself. Many of us are basically constitutionist or libertarians at heart.

Nita

Old 04-04-2011, 08:17 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Ron is a true libertarian who has many good ideas while Rand is a tea party hack. Rand has little to no chance of being electable anytime soon.
Being a hack, Rand has a better chance of being elected. Ron? He ain't going to see his name on the republican ballot for President.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:21 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,174 times
It frustrates me to see Dr. Paul remain as a Republican. He needs to come back to the Libertarian Party. We may not win, but at least we won't compromise our ideals for one of the other two-party hacks who have sold out.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:50 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,417,271 times
unfortunately, slim to none...and while the blame for this not happening is placed squarely on the voters, i do believe the media is in place to make sure those voters do as they're told...if you're a repub, you must despise the dems...if you're a dem, you must despise the repubs, thus leaving only two choices in narrow minded voters, vote whoever your party nominates.

i broke that chain in 2008 while living in Texas, and wrote Ron Paul in...buck the system ya'll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies