Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 07:27 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Will the rest of America wake up and join in? I wonder why Fox isn't giving this as much attention as the Tea Party???..... Could it be because both Fox and the remaining tea baggers are puppets to the corporate fascist plutocracy??? Say it aint so....

Is a Real Resistance Movement to the Big Banks Finally on the Rise? | Economy | AlterNet
The real problem is we have too mnay people who because they were too lazy to struggle to get the skills thru their life want to steal from others polically .That creats too many dependents relying on too few that produce what is needed to survive. Our schools have reflected just this out come for decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 07:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I will agree with the contention that the Real Problem is the financialization of the US economy by switching from a capital intensive manufacturing base to a high cash flow consumer economy. By eliminating domestic manufacturing the financiers have eliminated the major source of the nation's wealth and substituted wealth transfer and consolidation instead of growth. This only benefits the financiers and their owners. The rest of us only acquire debt, not prosperity.

To our great harm politicians of both major parties have helped with this transition. Creating this consumer economy is a nearly certain way to destruction.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:31 AM

The real "too few" are the childern of the aristocrats. They do not have to work to enjoy the fruits of their parents sucess. There is our real welfare class.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:58 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The real "too few" are the childern of the aristocrats. They do not have to work to enjoy the fruits of their parents sucess. There is our real welfare class.
How is that welfare when they are living off of their OWN money?

Old 04-06-2011, 08:09 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How is that welfare when they are living off of their OWN money?
we're generalizing here, but they are living off the fruits of someone else's labors, albeit, their parents' labors, it wasn't their effort that put them there. If it wasn't handed to them they didn't earn it. They have not developed the skills to do anything beyond lounging around a pool, clubbing and making fools of themselves. If the Mayan Calendar is correct they won't fare well in 2013, because they have no idea how to be self reliant...

Old 04-06-2011, 08:48 AM

I'll extend my point to say that people living off their investments alone effectively form a welfare class. They do not work, although they do forgo current consumption of their capital, to support themselves and their entertainment. I would like to distinguish between the Leisure Class and the retired workers. Retired workers actually worked for their savings while most of the aristocrats did not. Both the Kennedy and Bush families provide excellent examples of this welfare by inheritance.

The other set of welfare recipients are people that cannot for whatever reason do any useful work. They are at the intersection of Can’t Do the Work and No Jobs Available. The traditional low skill jobs like street sweeper have been replaces by mechanical sweepers and the horses that provided the sweepings have been replaced with diesel trucks. With off shoring and industrial robots there are a lot more skilled people on No Jobs Available Avenue. High birth rates in the poverty segment keep Can’t Do the Work Street crowded as well. There are lots more examples available.

The difference between the Leisure Class welfare recipients and the poverty recipients is the latter take far less out of the economy than the former. The aristocrats have always cost the society much more to maintain than the poor. I suggest we find productive jobs for both classes.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:19 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Ah, the ever hypocrite liberal. You don't agree with someone else's opinion so they have to go away and be silenced. And they can never post without an insult.
I'm not a liberal numbnuts. If any "thing" I'm a libertarian bordering on anarchy. The only person I support if and when he quits the vile republican party is Ron Paul or Jesse Ventura if he runs. Otherwise you and everyone else can take your partisan politics bend over and shove them up your rear end. I'm sick of it! Sick of this liberal conservative bs.............sick of democrats vs. republicans..........THROW ALL OF YOU PUKES OUT! Both ideologies have ruined this country.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:25 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
I'm not a liberal numbnuts. If any "thing" I'm a libertarian bordering on anarchy. The only person I support if and when he quits the vile republican party is Ron Paul or Jesse Ventura if he runs. Otherwise you and everyone else can take your partisan politics bend over and shove them up your rear end. I'm sick of it! Sick of this liberal conservative bs.............sick of democrats vs. republicans..........THROW ALL OF YOU PUKES OUT! Both ideologies have ruined this country.
Ron Paul to Make Presidential Campaign Decision Soon - FoxNews.com

I don't care if he runs as a republican, an independent,
a democrat If he runs, I'm voting for him
I voted for him in '88 so I've been waiting a long time
to do it again

I just hope his announcement is YES.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
LOL Yeah then they turn around let Sarah Palin and Glen Beck be their spokesholes. The Tea party is a complete and utter joke! They need to go away. They are a distraction and a bandwagon for the corrupt republican party plain and simple.

Yes ok SoCCalCroozer;
and not one person in the Democratic party is a joke, boy where have you been! And hate to break it you , but your demobats are corrupt or more so then the Republicinas.

Just one worse so then the other.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:31 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

Just one worse so then the other.

YouTube - Dylan Ratigan April 5 2011
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies