Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:32 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
WOW - he really pounded on obama - foreign policy, domestic policy and the BC of course.

His comments resonate with the American people, no doubt about it.

msnbc.com Video Player

With the latest poll from NBC, The Donald sits in second with the GOP primary voters.

Love, love, love that he has a "forum" to bring up these issues and let them stew with the American people.
Sounds like a Trump/Palin ticket. The problem is that I don't think Palin is qualified for the VP slot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 08:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Charlie Sheen was rational until he went nuts, Trump's close behind him. I think it may be a disease related to superegos.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:33 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am glad he is investigating the "birther" claims.

Let someone check things out.

The press would not and for some reason the Clintons (who first raised the point) stopped short.
Before the Donald, I really thought the birther thing was crazy. Now, the fact that Obama will not produce proof really makes you wonder.

I personally think he was born in the US. But Trump asked the question awhile back - what if it's not where he was born, but what is on the certificate. Like saying he's muslim?

Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Trump is a moron. He was born rich and inherited lots of money. He's done nothing with it but build ugly buildings, declare bankruptcy and fool around with semi-pretty women.

But go ahead and place him on the Republican ticket.

Lots of people born rich aren't successful. He's done a lot more than build ugly buildings. He employs a lot of people, for one. Yup, declared bankruptcy, started over, and succeeded the next time around.

And it wouldn't be a Leftie slam without bringing up physical appearance. Gotta love the civility.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:39 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
My dream would be something like
Obama facing Newt
Biden facing Trump

Those debates would be awesome to watch...
Poor Biden! He'd lose his pants (and his balls too!)

Old 04-07-2011, 08:42 AM

10,750 posts, read 23,822,981 times
Scapegoating, breeding fear and paranoia to distract attention from anything of substance. That's all.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:47 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Before the Donald, I really thought the birther thing was crazy. Now, the fact that Obama will not produce proof really makes you wonder.

I personally think he was born in the US. But Trump asked the question awhile back - what if it's not where he was born, but what is on the certificate. Like saying he's muslim?

They don't and never have put religions on a birth certificate.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_Muslim_a_race_or_religion

Old 04-07-2011, 08:54 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,041,435 times
Trump is a moron and any American that would vote for him is one as well. I didn't have anything against the guy until he started talking about going into countries like Iran, Libya, etc. and taking over and controlling their oil. WTF? What right do we think we have as a country to go into Iran which is a modern sovereign country and take over their oil? This guy is a dumbass and he will lead America into more wars just like the past two clowns. His rhetoric on China is hilarious. Talk about sinking the US economy if Trump had his way with China it most certainly would.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:05 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
No personal bankruptcy.

And I could care less who he dates.
So bankruptcy is okay as long as it's business.

Cute.

I wouldn't care who he dates either but the Reps are constantly telling us about family values. Trump isn't exactly what comes to mind when you think of a good father or a good husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I wonder how many jobs Trump has created

Why do you care about what Trump does in the bedroom? I thought Democrats didnt care?
Most of his job are subsidized by the state. That's what happens when you declare fiscal bankruptcy and run out on your debts. Apparently it's terrible when someone defaults on a mortgage unless they're rich.

What hypocrisy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yeah. A moron. He was actually able to accomplish something in this life. Unlike Obama, who never produced a single useful thing in his existence. What has he built? What has he created? Who has he employed? What has he organized and ran? Oh, that's right...nothing...but you demwits thought that was enough credentials to run a country.
He was born rich and built ugly buildings. He's been given so many state subsidies to do so you can barely count them all. Most of us, when given access to such wealth, would do something better with it. We'd lobby for a cure for cancer or help fund the arts.

All Trump does is make housing for the rich.

Republican values on display are so repulsive. The teacher who helps your child learn to read is the enemy. The spoiled creep who builds buildings we don't need is to offered the highest office in the land.

Ick.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Lots of people born rich aren't successful. He's done a lot more than build ugly buildings. He employs a lot of people, for one. Yup, declared bankruptcy, started over, and succeeded the next time around.

And it wouldn't be a Leftie slam without bringing up physical appearance. Gotta love the civility.
Success is not declaring bankruptcy, putting up housing for rich people we don't need and being a lousy father and husband.

The Republican definition of someone admirable always makes me shudder. If he were running on the Dem ticket one can only imagine the contempt for his lousy finances, multiple marriages, out of wedlock children and state subsidies.

But it's okay if you're a Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies