Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Love The U.S.A.
Yes 89 65.44%
No 33 24.26%
Maybe 11 8.09%
Where is the U.S.A.? 3 2.21%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:27 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,578 times

Advertisements

Hard times for many these days.

Have we forgotten the good many thing our country stands for?

Do you Love the U.S.A.?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Hell yes!!! We've been through worse and came through stronger for it.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:29 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
I love this country and what it was founded on, hard times makes tough people.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 AM

Go Team.

Never forget who we are.

May God Bless America.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:52 AM

313 posts, read 393,651 times
yes

Old 04-18-2011, 11:34 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
Not really... I was born here, I didn't choose to live here. If I were to evaluate all countries, I'd probably choose Norway, Sweeden, Denmark, or Austrailia. The U.S. would probably be in my top 10 - there's no doubt most countries would be much worse to live in.

But really, I have no pride in a country where so many people are stupid enough to believe Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, where there is so much religious extremism, where so many Americans hate their fellow Americans, where quantity is more oftne chosen over quality, where jobs are going overseas to slave labor countries, where more and more the wealth is being concentrated into the pockets of a few ultra rich and the middle class dream is nearly dead. Where people still celebrate a war over slavery, where gay people are still demonized and refused equal rights... the list goes on and on.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Not really... I was born here, I didn't choose to live here. If I were to evaluate all countries, I'd probably choose Norway, Sweeden, Denmark, or Austrailia. The U.S. would probably be in my top 10 - there's no doubt most countries would be much worse to live in.

But really, I have no pride in a country where so many people are stupid enough to believe Obama wasn't born in Hawaii, where there is so much religious extremism, where so many Americans hate their fellow Americans, where quantity is more oftne chosen over quality, where jobs are going overseas to slave labor countries, where more and more the wealth is being concentrated into the pockets of a few ultra rich and the middle class dream is nearly dead. Where people still celebrate a war over slavery, where gay people are still demonized and refused equal rights... the list goes on and on.
Have you renounced your U.S. citizenship?

Not being mean, just an honest question.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:45 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,405,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Have you renounced your U.S. citizenship?

Not being mean, just an honest question.

Good question ~~ I'd be interested in the answer myself. Just curious is all.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:49 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post

You could always leave.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:01 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,788,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
You could always leave.
This is probably the typical response to the "No" answer. Give denverian credit for being honest.

I, myself, prefer this nation over all others, but I don't love it. I don't love a concept, an entity, I don't love a society, the community I live in, the flag. I don't love my truck, or my house, or even the little patch of land that I live on.

I love my family and friends, that's who I love. Things don't receive my love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies