Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times

Advertisements

McChrystal to oversee White House initiative - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110411/ap_on_re_us/us_michelle_obama_mcchrystal - broken link)

Quote:
Nearly a year after President Barack Obama fired Gen. Stanley McChrystal as his top commander in Afghanistan, the White House has asked him to head a new advisory board to support military families.

The three-person panel will oversee the Joining Forces program, an initiative led by Michelle Obama and Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Joe Biden. The effort will focus on mobilizing communities, businesses and the government to assist the families of those serving their country.
The president is grooming military family support for the 2012 election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Well if the General is pissed off at the Pres, he won't take the job. That would be sacrificing his honor if he did so.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:31 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times
[quote=clb10;18678776]McChrystal to oversee White House initiative - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110411/ap_on_re_us/us_michelle_obama_mcchrystal - broken link)

Quote:
Nearly a year after President Barack Obama fired Gen. Stanley McChrystal as his top commander in Afghanistan, the White House has asked him to head a new advisory board to support military families.

The three-person panel will oversee the Joining Forces program, an initiative led by Michelle Obama and Jill Biden, wife of Vice President Joe Biden. The effort will focus on mobilizing communities, businesses and the government to assist the families of those serving their country.
I don't suppose that will cost the taxpayers anything. Hopefully Michelle's Whitehouse garden is starting to have a positive effect on our economy, and the lessons learned by her kids and the dog, will reverberate throughout several next generations. I bet kids in Detroit will benefit greatly.

Now, on the Joining Forces program, an initiative led by Michelle Obama and Jill Biden. Expect crap.

Michelle Obama is an idiot. Jill Biden is an idiot. Joe Biden is an idiot. Barack Obama is an idiot.

Quote:
Fortunately for Barack Hussein ... he knows how to con people.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:32 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,642,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Well if the General is pissed off at the Pres, he won't take the job. That would be sacrificing his honor if he did so.
He would be doing it for the troops, not because he has any love for the POS in the WH...

Old 04-11-2011, 12:45 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times
Rolling Stone will be there when McChrystal, Michelle and Jill go to the bar. They will leak something and Stan will get fired again.

Joe and Barack won't be in the vicinity because they will be outside smoking ( because Democrats won't allow you to smoke indoors anymore ).

Joe doesn't smoke but he's an idiot and he'll be smoking that day.

After McChrystal is fired from this gig, Michelle and Jill will spearhead a plan for him to run the Whitehouse bowling alley.

After a leak, for the good of the country, Rolling Stone will run a huge article exposing torture by the military. He will be quoted as saying meanly, "Pick up that spare, green eco man".

Old 04-11-2011, 01:13 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
McChrystal to oversee White House initiative - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110411/ap_on_re_us/us_michelle_obama_mcchrystal - broken link)

So, trying to understand why the 'mad' face. Is it because the President hired him (back), fired him the first place or because you don't approve of helping military families or all three/combination thereof?

I am 100% supportive of any program that recognizes the sacrifices made by military families and I applaud the First Lady and 'Second' Lady for the work and outreach both have already done on this effort.
However, I do have concerns regarding how well received this appointment will be overall - a lot of people are rightly contemptuous of McCrystal as a result of the Pat Tillman cover-up so I have mixed feelings: on the one-hand I applaud the general's willingness to return to public service and make some attempt to redeem his reputation when he could have milked the private contracting and lecture thing for all it is worth, on the other, I'm sure that there must be other worthy candidates who could fill this position who don't carry quite so much 'baggage.'
I guess the proof will be measured by the effectiveness of the program, and, I wish them much success.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in some research on this subject:

Joining Forces America

Old 04-11-2011, 01:27 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
He would be doing it for the troops, not because he has any love for the POS in the WH...

Uh, huh.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:31 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So, trying to understand why the 'mad' face. Is it because the President hired him (back), fired him the first place or because you don't approve of helping military families or all three/combination thereof?

I am 100% supportive of any program that recognizes the sacrifices made by military families and I applaud the First Lady and 'Second' Lady for the work and outreach both have already done on this effort.
However, I do have concerns regarding how well received this appointment will be overall - a lot of people are rightly contemptuous of McCrystal as a result of the Pat Tillman cover-up so I have mixed feelings: on the one-hand I applaud the general's willingness to return to public service and make some attempt to redeem his reputation when he could have milked the private contracting and lecture thing for all it is worth, on the other, I'm sure that there must be other worthy candidates who could fill this position who don't carry quite so much 'baggage.'
I guess the proof will be measured by the effectiveness of the program, and, I wish them much success.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in some research on this subject:

Joining Forces America
Oh please. The administration doesn't care about military families. If they did, they would have made military personnel essential employees so their families would've gotten paid if there was a shutdown. Instead he decided to use them as a political football. I hope those families remember that.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:32 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
You sound really bitter and angry.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:34 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
[quote=Yooperkat;18679046]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post

I don't suppose that will cost the taxpayers anything. Hopefully Michelle's Whitehouse garden is starting to have a positive effect on our economy, and the lessons learned by her kids and the dog, will reverberate throughout several next generations. I bet kids in Detroit will benefit greatly.

Now, on the Joining Forces program, an initiative led by Michelle Obama and Jill Biden. Expect crap.

Michelle Obama is an idiot. Jill Biden is an idiot. Joe Biden is an idiot. Barack Obama is an idiot.

Fortunately for Barack Hussein ... he knows how to con people.
Idiots, huh. The whole lot of them? Wow...pretty powerful insult. Tell me again, what are your accomplishments to date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies