Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:08 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,280,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
So you think it should be illegal to advertise a product if it features a man with pink toenails?

I was at a Wendy's the other day where most of the male employees were wearing earrings, and I didn't have the impression that they were gay. Would you boycott a business that allowed men to wear earrings? Just wondering how extreme you are.
No one said anything about the legality of the ad. This is a free country and I am happy to keep it that way. That being said, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. I agree with the psychologist in the link. The mother in the ad, who is polishing her son's toe nails, is not doing her son any favors. And, in case your question was actually sincere, no I would not boycott Wendy's for hiring men with earrings, but if Wendys started pushing earrings or toe nail polish on young boys, I might lose my taste for their salads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,475,982 times
Quote:
Well, how about the fact that encouraging the choosing of gender identity, rather than suggesting our children become comfortable with the ones that they got at birth, can throw our species into real psychological turmoil—not to mention crowding operating rooms with procedures to grotesquely amputate body parts? Why not make race the next frontier? What would be so wrong with people deciding to tattoo themselves dark brown and claim African-American heritage? Why not bleach the skin of others so they can playact as Caucasians?
Lol the jump from dressing in dresses to sexual reassignment surgery to racial reassignment surgery is hilarious. I couldn't help but laugh at the really obvious attempt at instilling fear in readers.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
No one said anything about the legality of the ad. This is a free country and I am happy to keep it that way. That being said, just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. I agree with the psychologist in the link. The mother in the ad, who is polishing her son's toe nails, is not doing her son any favors. And, in case your question was actually sincere, no I would not boycott Wendy's for hiring men with earrings, but if Wendys started pushing earrings or toe nail polish on young boys, I might lose my taste for their salads.
My cousin painted his nails blue at age 23. He's still straight as can be. He shows no signs of psychological disorders of any kind.

Wearing fingernail polish doesn't make someone gay or trans or mentally ill.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You deny there isn't a gay agenda? They aren't out to normalize and desensitize people, starting with children, to their abnormal behavior? What do you think gay marriage is all about? Won't be long before they are teaching this wonderful alternate lifestyle in pre-school.
Letting people live the way they want. The whole point of gay marriage is about NOT forcing someone else's agenda on people. Not allowing it forces anti-gay people's agenda on gay people.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,280,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
My cousin painted his nails blue at age 23. He's still straight as can be. He shows no signs of psychological disorders of any kind.

Wearing fingernail polish doesn't make someone gay or trans.
The act of wearing it? - no. A mother encouraging her son to wear pink nail polish or a mother encouraging her son to wear princess dresses? Possibly. Certainly helping to create some gender confusion issues. Read Freud.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
The act of wearing it? - no. A mother encouraging her son to wear pink nail polish or a mother encouraging her son to wear princess dresses? Possibly. Certainly helping to create some gender confusion issues. Read Freud.
My parents forced me to wear dresses and makeup as a kid and I still turned out gay. All their encouraging me to conform to gender standards did nothing to make me straight. Encouraging gender-non-conformity doesn't make a straight person gay, just like enforcing gender-conformity doesn't make a gay person straight.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:35 PM

18,415 posts, read 19,058,616 times
Quote:
so by this line of thinking a mom that lets her daughter play with trucks isn't doing her any favors?

Old 04-12-2011, 12:17 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,924,689 times
painting your fingernails as a child doesn't make you gay... jesus...
you people are sooo paranoid.. heaven forbid you have to balance reality with your dogmatic religious beliefs...regardless.. that's your deal.. and you are just a loud minority.. most people are past the bullsh*t and nonsense of it all. Gay people have kids.. they don't turn out gay.. straight and gay little kids paint the damn walls with crayon let alone their toenails.. it's REALLY a non issue..

Old 04-12-2011, 12:26 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,172,398 times
This is why we shouldn't let girls play sports or learn math. Gender roles people, stick to them. Ladies stick to your home ec or else they'll get gayified.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:31 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,924,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
This is why we shouldn't let girls play sports or learn math. Gender roles people, stick to them. Ladies stick to your home ec or else they'll get gayified.
no see.. society says it's ok for girls to be boyish.. but if a boy is girly.. OMG it's the homo disease!!! ack!

proof that our society is still male gender dominant..
it's rubbish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies