Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 01:11 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times

Advertisements

I think only Rush was old enough to have been drafted during Viet Nam. He was given a 4-F for having a cyst on the end of his tailbone that caused oily deposits to form in his butt crack.

I'm a Navy vet his age, and those cysts are actually pretty common. A shipmate of mine had one, and the Navy corrected it with surgery. The Navy must have known it existed when my shipmate was in boot camp. He was also a volunteer like me. We both enlisted before the Navy began drafting during Viet Nam.

I always wondered about how Rush avoided the draft due to that problem; it must have depended on the local draft board, I think. Missouri was always a state that drafted heavily and had as many volunteers as draftees. The South has always provided us with military men more than other regions.

I always just thought the draft board had met its quota for the month and didn't need Limbaugh. He was far too fat to fight anyway, so the cyst wasn't as much a problem as a good excuse he could use later on in his career for ducking the draft.

Young Rusty was always a fat boy. He must have weigh at least 100 pounds more than me back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 09:18 PM

5 posts, read 4,482 times
TomC 23 enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjglzN04E3Q

Old 10-02-2018, 09:53 PM

5 posts, read 4,482 times
TomC23 enjoy and remember it was obamawho closed the memorial for no reason. The government was closed down but the WWll memorial is a free standing which has no attendents. Enjoy ---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjglzN04E3Q

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bill-m...-has-ever-seen ------------------

We have the most ridiculous, rock-with-your-****-out mass murder machine the world has ever seen.”

Old 10-02-2018, 10:12 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano941 View Post
This thread does bring me to a particular point that I believe anyone that is elected commander and chief of the military should have served in the military at some point in their life. To me it just makes no sense to trust matters of war to a civilian that has only a civilian's concept of war. JMO...I mean would you take a man that has never played football. Never coached football on any level. Never even WATCHED football...And make him head coach of the New England Patriots and expect him to know what he's doing? But the military is different? And no I'm not hating on Obama. I like Obama. I've always felt this way since I was a teen...
Oh well, our Founders didn't think about putting that in the Constitution!

Old 10-02-2018, 10:38 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Best question is did YOU serve in the US military?

Did Crybaby Odonnell, Psycho Ed Schultz, Michelle Obama, Eric Holder, Bill Ayers, Van Jones serve in our military?

Did Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Louis Farrakan, Jesse Jackson, Chuck Shumer, Chris Dodd, Joe Biden serve in the military?

Want to continue to troll all the time then answer the tough questions with some facts.

Waiting to see if YOU served in the military and make sure you provide proof by blacking out docs to prove it to us.
I served in the military and since you don’t send me a check, you don’t need to see my blacked out DD Form 214.

That is the correct nomenclature for the definitive proof of military service.

Old 10-02-2018, 10:47 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan French View Post
Yes, Sean Hannity, Glen Beck, or Rush Limbaugh did not serve in the military but they honor our soldiers. Bill Maher makes fun of and dis-honors our military at every opportunity.
Sgt Dan French
Hawk platoon LRRP
HHC 2/327
101st Airborne
Vietnam 1965-66
I’ve only watched his show a few times and he was very, very pro veteran and I didn’t find anything disrespectful.

Please provide evidence to support your statement.

USAF 1986-1999.
Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Old 10-02-2018, 11:02 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano941 View Post
This thread does bring me to a particular point that I believe anyone that is elected commander and chief of the military should have served in the military at some point in their life. To me it just makes no sense to trust matters of war to a civilian that has only a civilian's concept of war. JMO...I mean would you take a man that has never played football. Never coached football on any level. Never even WATCHED football...And make him head coach of the New England Patriots and expect him to know what he's doing? But the military is different? And no I'm not hating on Obama. I like Obama. I've always felt this way since I was a teen...
Civilians always have had control over the military. Would you like the military to run the country. Since you mention football, all the networks have women covering parts of the game now, and as football analysts. Should they be disqualified because they never played any football?

Old 10-03-2018, 01:18 AM

16,601 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Your first mistake was using the tool of the lazy and ignorant to research your subject.

As to your premise or point, many people (good or bad) have not served in the military, so what are you trying to equate with that?

`

Old 10-03-2018, 02:37 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think only Rush was old enough to have been drafted during Viet Nam. He was given a 4-F for having a cyst on the end of his tailbone that caused oily deposits to form in his butt crack.

I'm a Navy vet his age, and those cysts are actually pretty common. A shipmate of mine had one, and the Navy corrected it with surgery. The Navy must have known it existed when my shipmate was in boot camp. He was also a volunteer like me. We both enlisted before the Navy began drafting during Viet Nam.

I always wondered about how Rush avoided the draft due to that problem; it must have depended on the local draft board, I think. Missouri was always a state that drafted heavily and had as many volunteers as draftees. The South has always provided us with military men more than other regions.

I always just thought the draft board had met its quota for the month and didn't need Limbaugh. He was far too fat to fight anyway, so the cyst wasn't as much a problem as a good excuse he could use later on in his career for ducking the draft.

Young Rusty was always a fat boy. He must have weigh at least 100 pounds more than me back then.
I could have happily progressed to my dying day without ever knowing that .

Old 10-03-2018, 07:22 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
Didnt serve but respect of service and because of others service they are able to continue to practice the first amendment and that includes anyone else on the left with the same job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies