Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 01:12 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,456,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. Just like with the whole health care thing. The libs would rather have substandard, bad government health care than good health care that you have to pay for (except if you go to the ER, which you then don't)
We had good healthcare before ObamaCare?

Have you ever dealt with a private health insurance company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 01:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post

Nothing in Obamacare addresses that. What you had to deal with before you still have to deal with.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:53 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,974,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post

Yes we did. We had even better health care before Reagan too. If you want cheap health care, get the government out of subsidizing it completely, and prices WILL drop. Either they will drop, or they go out of business. As simple as that, and let us buy insurance across state lines.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:25 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,562,716 times
Shouldn't the new healthcare law be treated the same, then? Judge it after it becomes fully implemented?

Old 04-16-2011, 03:38 PM

59,291 posts, read 27,467,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Economics is too complex these days, too many processes running in parallel and influencing each other. It is impossible to say whether or not specific stimuli have worked. It is also impossible to say what things would look like if there had not been such stimuli. It is not a simple cause and effect mechanism.
I respectfully disagree. When a package is sold as a way to stop unemployment from going up by funding shovel ready jobs, then we see all the non-shovel ready places where the money went and we see the unemployment rate stil go up, I think any rational person would see that it wasn't a stimulus bill after all.

does anyone know how many real shovel ready projects got money?

Old 04-16-2011, 03:45 PM

68,350 posts, read 54,502,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well of course NOT, that wouldn't be fair at all, would it? We all know when it comes to obama/dems/libs, it's ALL about intentions, not whether or not their ideas and policies SUCCEED.

In their party FAILURE is rewarded.

I think the nation knows full well the $1+ trillion obama stimulus was an utter failure.
What we well know is that with many here, and you know who you are, their idea of fairness is Obama? It's wrong! It didn't work! It won't work! He should have done it! He should not have done it! And this is all concluded before it's even know just what 'it' is.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:46 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,779,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Many people say the stimulus was a success at doing what it was supposed to do and others say it wasn't a success. Anyway I think it would be better to judge the stimulus based on what happens after those dollars run out.

Currently we are hearing that the jobs situation is improving and I'am sure many are connecting that to the stimulus. But what happens after those stimulus dollars run out? This is becoming a worry for many.

According to this unemployment will likely increase after those dollars run out.

No, I don't. I think you can tell 2 years in the likely result of stimulus. I don't think tht last dollar spent will indicate success or failure.

What if the administration decided to spend the last dollar 50 years from now. Should we with hold judgement for 50 years?

Old 04-16-2011, 04:28 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,054,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nothing in Obamacare addresses that. What you had to deal with before you still have to deal with.
Which is why "Obama"care is a failure, but I still hold hope that they'll pass a proper healthcare bill that includes universal health care.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:46 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,376,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We have a lot more half finished bridges or bridges to nowhere that we didn't have before.
We have a lot more "animal crossings" on roads that we didn't have before.
We have a lot more bike trails that we didn't have before.

And we still have the old bridges that states claimed needed repair that are still needing repair.
And don't forget the $16,000+ doormat provided by a campaign donor in Dallas!

And Whitesboro TX......the Stimulus created more jobs there than there are citizens!

Old 04-16-2011, 05:11 PM

7,539 posts, read 11,387,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
What if the administration decided to spend the last dollar 50 years from now. Should we with hold judgement for 50 years?
Well I think most of the stimulus dollars will be running out this summer. So it won't be too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies