Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:05 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times

Advertisements

Obama says what he has to to appeal to any group that votes or any group that can illegally vote. He could care less what someone's skin color is. That only matters to the narrow minded and blind who trade in such concerns.

Nancy Pelosi has explained that we should not believe any politician in campaign mode. Refers to her comments re the cspan obamacare hearings. Nancy was sipping from the same cup of truth serum that Biden occassionally imbibes.

Your embracable Nancy has already explained Obama's behavior. Why do you continue to ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 05:06 AM

131 posts, read 172,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Do he? He do!!
Why do you think this Jeff??

There are many blacks who do not benefit from Obama at all

So what is your reasoning that he does??

Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
True, but improper grammar makes one look ignorant, so you might want to reconsider. No offense intended.
You are correct. However, if they are voting for him b/c he is black, b/c he sounds good in speeches (which he doesn't, not to anyone who keeps up with actual issues and knows how impossible his ideas are), b/c they can identify with him, etc., that is not a good reason. That is a crap reason and that reason is given by ignorant folks who should not be voting to begin with.

I can see the whole making their situation change thing, I mean, people should be voting for politicians whose beliefs align best with their own. But there is a caveat...poor Dems and many blacks want to continue social programs that benefit them, and this is not good for the rest of America. They vote Dem b/c they want to keep sticking their hands out for free living expenses, essentially. Many blacks are socially conservative, so why else would they be voting for a Democrat if not for the fiscal issues?

Okay.

I'm not sure I completely understand your point and how it relates to this thread. I am glad that you did/do? not expect Obama to give preferential treatment to black folks.

The problem is that you believe it's only the "far right conservatives" who believe these things about Obama. First off, you don't have to be a far right conservative to think Obama is doing a crap job. Secondly, far right conservatives believe a variety of things. For example, I'm almost as far right as you can get and I don't subscribe to the birther stuff. To lump everyone in together is not feasible here. What do I expect you to believe? Not the radio shows that represent everything that would draw ratings and not a lot that would represent real life.

Again, on that last part, I don't understand what you're saying due to lack of proper grammar and punctuation. I'm not being rude in saying that, either. This makes no sense: "I WAS TRYING TO SEE DID EVERYBODY FEEL THAT WAY TYPICALLY CONSERVATIVE AND MOST SAYS YES, not in a sense of blacks but minorities as a whole!"

Are you saying you wanted to see if everyone believes conservatives feel that way, or you wanted to see if all conservatives believe these things about Obama?

Sorry if you believe I was being rude. I was not. But it irritates me to no end to see dialectical grammar mistakes like you have made...even the thread title is not in proper English.

okay you win

Old 04-20-2011, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why shouldn't he?It isn't that big a deal is it?

That isn't a birth certificate maybe???

Why do you defend him at all???
Because some of the things he is blamed for are unjustifiable in my eyes. IM NOT SAYING he isn't a BAD President and Im Voting Democrat next year

But some comments and controversies should stop..

Old 04-20-2011, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Obama says what he has to to appeal to any group that votes or any group that can illegally vote. He could care less what someone's skin color is. That only matters to the narrow minded and blind who trade in such concerns.

Nancy Pelosi has explained that we should not believe any politician in campaign mode. Refers to her comments re the cspan obamacare hearings. Nancy was sipping from the same cup of truth serum that Biden occassionally imbibes.

Your embracable Nancy has already explained Obama's behavior. Why do you continue to ask?
Yes, this maybe true but do you believe that Obama only caters to african american individuals??

Old 04-20-2011, 11:50 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
President Obama did not establish those programs, so to equivocate the continuation of them as "catering to blacks" is absurd. Talk about a butchered version of deductive reasoning...
Thank you for providing your post as an example.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:20 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Huh? Percentage-wise, there are more blacks on welfare than there are whites. That is a fact. I challenge you to prove me otherwise.

And no, that is not a deviation from the OP, that is one explanation why people think Obama caters to blacks...he wants to keep on giving handouts, and it is a fact that more blacks, percentage-wise, receive welfare moreso than whites.

And, you are obviously white and got enraged at residinghere2007's comment that there are MORE white people on welfare than blacks. He said nothing about percentages. However, in your effort to defend your race or defend your position on the subject matter, you want to twist the numbers and make this a percentages game.

Your "Huh?" comment is sooooo inconsequential; I guess that is your attempt at trying to say what I said didn't make sense. But, it makes you look crazier. You went off on a tangent because there are MORE WHITE PEOPLE ON WELFARE THAN BLACKS and you cannot disprove this fact. Just as you have stated, there are more whites than blacks; thus, this number should not be of any surprise to anyone. However, you want to reiterate that there are a greater PERCENTAGE of blacks on welfare than whites, which may be true depending on the type of public assistance you are talking about (see residinghere2007's later post), but PERCENTAGES are TOTALLY different than the SUM. You ignore that fact, too, that I agreed with you in my post that I support your claim that there are a greater percentage of African Americans on welfare than would be for the white community. But, again, percentages do not account for the total number of welfare recipients. So, operating off of the premise that president Obama is catering to blacks because he heavily supports welfare recipients, then why would Barak Obama be inclined to support welfare knowing that, as a whole, the welfare system is utilized more by whites on the program than blacks, even though percentage-wise we are more inclined to be on welfare?

Again, you using percentages is another means in which people distort reality to fit their agenda. I think you need to re-visit your source. And, regardless of who is more likely on welfare or not, just because he has some initiatives that support welfare recipients (which I have not researched) does not make him race-biased. Almost every other Democratic president catered to welfare recipients, so why is it that because Obama is black and your "greater PERCENTAGE of welfare recipients" are black, that he's catering to the black race.

There was no mass debate that the Reagan and the Bushs' are catering to Big Business or the 1% of wealthy Americans because they are white.

There are other factors that you should present to show a blatant and consistent pattern of Obama strategically placing blacks in a better position than whites, i.e. andrea3821.

And, get off of percentages and slanting comments to fit your argument.

Last edited by ajsmith365; 04-20-2011 at 12:35 PM..

Old 04-20-2011, 12:23 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,535,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess.Johnson View Post
I was in the car the other day and ran across one of those radio talk shows that says President Obama only caters to African Americans and his approval rating were 94% black and only 6% was white. (47% approval waiting). and that black people are trying to run America since his presidency

I was quite disturbed by the comments because I believe that Obama hasn't really did anything for us, yes social programs are directed towards low income individuals but they benefit all low income Americans. So i don't think this is justifiable.
I have a good income, live in a good neighborhood, and pay my taxes and I don't have any high mind because my president is black .. i go by my daily life so i can pay the bills and enjoy my lifestyle like any other white Asian Latino and black on my street.

I know this question is long but what do you guys think about this remark? I want true opinions because I feel this how most far right conservative think?

Obama catering to black people is just dumb crap spewed by dummies. Did they say the same when white presidents cater to white people for over 200 years? No they didn't.

Its crap. If anything they help the rich. Period. The people with GREEN.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:23 PM

520 posts, read 1,006,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Only at election time. He loves him some black folk then.
Well said.

Obama disses the heck out of blacks now that he has gotten what he wanted, but will SPECIFICALLY call on blacks and latinos to carry him - and his counterparts - to the politcal promised land. Him, Cosby and Oprah are some piece of work.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
Well said.

Obama disses the heck out of blacks now that he has gotten what he wanted, but will SPECIFICALLY call on blacks and latinos to carry him - and his counterparts - to the politcal promised land. Him, Cosby and Oprah are some piece of work.
Oh you got his number, he is soooooooooo obvious, isn't he. When he gets into campaign mode, you know something is up.

The only thing most people now know his fake campaign slogan
of a new era of HOPE AND CHANGE WAS A SMOKESCREEN! And the smoke is still burning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies