Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 06:47 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,760,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
It is easier to understand Obama's actions when you are not stuck on birther,, muslim, kenyen, commie, ect.

It also helps if you can actually read and comprehend English.

Obama inherited this mess. We all know that.

O great Republican savant Dubya tanked the economy on his watch.

Republicans do not want to accept responsibility for what they created so they blame Obama.

If you get your "facts" from propagandists like the clowns at Fox, it just adds to your confusion.
But, but, but, HOPE AND CHANGE. He wanted it and said he would fix the country's problems. He had full D support for TWO YEARS and has done nothing other than point fingers at the Rs for the "mess" he inherited.

One thing about finger pointing, when you point your finger at others, there are 3 more pointing right back at you.

STILL, I lived FAR better under Bush than I am under O.

Last edited by Jerseyt719; 04-17-2011 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 06:54 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
He stopped the Country from going into a major Depression.

That is all in your head.

He did not stop anything.

The MESS is now and today.

The MESS is now 2+ years old. When are you going to acknowledge that this is Obamas watch, we handed the man 800 BILLION dollars to fix your so called mess and things have become worse.

AT NO TIME DURING THE BUSH YEARS WAS ANYTHING AS BAD AS IT IS TODAY APRIL 17, 2011 ON OBAMAS WATCH.

This mess TODAY, is owned by Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

We are heading into a double dip recession and it has ALL happened under the control of the demnuts since 2007.

When Obama hits 4% unemployment and has 54 consecutive months of job growth then come back a whine to me some more about how poor bubba jr inherited something.

If he could not handle the job then why did he take it? Too much for the man who has zero accomplishments as a politician and leader?

I do not see any personal hate towards Obama. I do see people highly upset for what the man has and is doing to our country.

He is in way over his head and the country is suffering for it.

His daily mistakes, poor decisions and anti American ideals is hurting our country.

The next President in 2013 will inherited far worse then your boy did in 2009. Obama is spending us into bankruptcy and we have nothing to show for it.

OBAMA NEEDS TO GIVE US TAX PAYERS (The ones who actually pay) OUR 800 BILLION BACK.

The worst political mistake in American history was the election of Obama who will go down in history as the worst ever by the time he is done destroying our country.

On the bright side I see him as a gift, his horrific record, mistakes and lack of leadership will end liberalism in America and that is a fantastic thing.

What has the man done besides take up space in our WH, divided, weaken and financially destroyed our country?

We need a leader, not a weak arrogant mistake a day person who cannot make a sound decision to save his butt.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,334 times
One quote comes to mind..

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything he doesn't own."

Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
That is all in your head.

He did not stop anything.

The MESS is now and today.

The MESS is now 2+ years old. When are you going to acknowledge that this is Obamas watch, we handed the man 800 BILLION dollars to fix your so called mess and things have become worse.

AT NO TIME DURING THE BUSH YEARS WAS ANYTHING AS BAD AS IT IS TODAY APRIL 17, 2011 ON OBAMAS WATCH.

This mess TODAY, is owned by Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

We are heading into a double dip recession and it has ALL happened under the control of the demnuts since 2007.

When Obama hits 4% unemployment and has 54 consecutive months of job growth then come back a whine to me some more about how poor bubba jr inherited something.

If he could not handle the job then why did he take it? Too much for the man who has zero accomplishments as a politician and leader?

I do not see any personal hate towards Obama. I do see people highly upset for what the man has and is doing to our country.

He is in way over his head and the country is suffering for it.

His daily mistakes, poor decisions and anti American ideals is hurting our country.

The next President in 2013 will inherited far worse then your boy did in 2009. Obama is spending us into bankruptcy and we have nothing to show for it.

OBAMA NEEDS TO GIVE US TAX PAYERS (The ones who actually pay) OUR 800 BILLION BACK.

The worst political mistake in American history was the election of Obama who will go down in history as the worst ever by the time he is done destroying our country.

On the bright side I see him as a gift, his horrific record, mistakes and lack of leadership will end liberalism in America and that is a fantastic thing.

What has the man done besides take up space in our WH, divided, weaken and financially destroyed our country?

We need a leader, not a weak arrogant mistake a day person who cannot make a sound decision to save his butt.
VERY WELL SAID!!! I agree 100%.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:01 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Wow, it all depends who you talk to as to whether we are in a Depression. Ask people that lost their jobs, their houses, etc. The Economist: U.S. In Depression, Not Recession I think people will come out of their Depression once he exits the White House.
Government can stimulate the economy by printing money. That leads to inflation but the government can put the money directly where it needs it.

Government can cut taxes. That leads to deficits which leads to inflation. The wealthy get the money and put it where they choose.

Increasing government spending without increasing revenues creates deficits.

Republicans believe in trickle down economics. They are at the top of the pyramid and take a disproportionate amount of the income. Republicans favor lower taxes.

Dems believe in raising taxes, at least on the high income earners to offset spending costs.

Both parties spend money we do not have and neither have the guts or common sense to cut spending on defense.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:07 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,659,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
You don't have to agree with the guy but at least respect the leader of this country.

Lord knows what you'll say if we ever have a woman in office.......
Respect is earned, not arbitrally given. So far he has done NOTHING to earn my respect.

AFA a woman being President? Heck, I would have voted for Hillary over Obama. She's intelligent, worldly, savy on foreign affairs and relations, up to date on economic and defense issues. Maybe it's time to give a woman a chance, obviously the men haven't done a worthy job.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:11 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,349,147 times
Why do we act like Obama is the worst thing that has ever happened to the USA?

Because it proves our BLIND STUPIDITY to the world for electing someone like Obama! A nobody with a questionable background who makes pretty speeches, has the mindless masses chanting "Hope and Change! Yes We Can!", has newspapers describing how his physique looks while he is on vacation, and has news commentators talking about thrills and tingles? No wonder America is no longer a respected world power. But that's part of the plan, isn't it?

Old 04-17-2011, 07:30 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,407,185 times
Quote:
I've read all of those "Obama threads" and I have to laugh at how hateful many of you are towards The President.

Although I was not a big fan of Bush2, I never had anything hateful to say about the guy. Nor will I ever say some of the ignorant things, that I've heard stated, about any US Prez....

Some of you act like he's the one affecting your lives personally. I mean the hate some of you have for the guy is absurd.

You don't have to agree with the guy but at least respect the leader of this country.

I respect Barack Obama. Obama achieved an almost unimaginable victory in winning the presidency against very long odds. I and 70% of other Americans approved of him on Inauguration Day.

But he is using his victory in a persistent campaign to dismantle the fundamental sources of American greatness and exceptionalism. His generalship of the war on prosperity, that is what I hate.

And for the record, in the 2008 primary campaign I actively promoted the belief that Hillary would be less damaging to the country than Edwards or Obama.

His policies alone present ample basis for strong feelings.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:44 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,222,178 times
Why? Because he IS the worst thing that has ever happened to us. His ideology is hard core Marxist/Leninist and his goals and agenda is to create a tyrannical society modeled after the old Soviet Union. Up until now, sorry to say, he has done a pretty damn good job of that.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:49 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,336,207 times
Quote:
I've read all of those "Obama threads" and I have to laugh at how hateful many of you are towards The President.

Although I was not a big fan of Bush2, I never had anything hateful to say about the guy. Nor will I ever say some of the ignorant things, that I've heard stated, about any US Prez....

Some of you act like he's the one affecting your lives personally. I mean the hate some of you have for the guy is absurd.

I am not "acting".

I think Obama IS the worst thing that ever happen to the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies