Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 04:55 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
So you're saying that some civilian casualties are acceptable to kill the enemy, right?

Thats exactly what the Muslim poll said before. I'd be willing to bet that its around 20% of Americans who see that a few civilian deaths are acceptable as part of the war effort.

I know civilian deaths are going to happen during war, I've served also. My thing is, I don't want to go to war with an entire country because 2,000 people in that country attacked us, or in the case of Iraq, none at all.
Well for one thing I'm not the one who posted the muslim poll in question. I don't see why they should view war and its unavoidable consequences any differently than we do. Anyway, thank you for your service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 04:58 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Somewhere around 20% of Muslims polled by Pew supported the deliberate killing of civilians....

That is quite a large small minority.
But the media and the liberal loons on this board are more concerned about the 20% of Americans who believe Obama was born outside of the USA.

In today's Daily Mail.

Quote:
Women who do not wear headscarves are being threatened with violence and even death by Islamic extremists intent on imposing sharia law on parts of Britain, it was claimed today.

Other targets of the 'Talibanesque thugs', being investigated by police in the Tower Hamlets area of London, include homosexuals.
Stickers have been plastered on public walls stating: 'Gay free zone. Verily Allah is severe in punishment'.
[LEFT]
Read more: 'London Taliban' is targeting women and gays in bid to impose sharia law | Mail Online

One of the more ironic things abut the Left/Jihadist alliance is that the first people to go under Sharia will be that gays and atheists aka. liberals.
[/LEFT]

Old 04-18-2011, 04:59 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So what's your point? Under international laws and treaties, beheading is not torture, it is a legal form of execution.
And some think water boarding is soooo wrong. Maybe we should start taking up beheadings here in the USA?

Old 04-18-2011, 05:00 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Just don't show them any disrespect by not handling their holy book with proper deference

Worse than animals. At least most animals only kill what they need to eat.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 04-18-2011 at 05:11 PM..

Old 04-18-2011, 05:06 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
But the media and the liberal loons on this board are more concerned about the 20% of Americans who believe Obama was born outside of the USA.

In today's Daily Mail.

[LEFT]
Read more: 'London Taliban' is targeting women and gays in bid to impose sharia law | Mail Online

One of the more ironic things abut the Left/Jihadist alliance is that the first people to go under Sharia will be that gays and atheists aka. liberals.
[/LEFT]
Why do people equate atheism with liberalism? I'm a conservative atheist and I've known others who were as well.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
Why do people equate atheism with liberalism? I'm a conservative atheist and I've known others who were as well.
Another one right here. At least a fiscally conservative athiest. I'm not just sure what the definition of conservative is any more.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:16 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Exactly.
But, sadly, too typical of the reptilian brained RWNJs.

No, its not typical. I am no Obama fan and I spoke out against such a stupid remark.

As to the topic of this thread:

Horrible. It almost gets to the point where you just arent shocked or surprised anymore by what some people are capable of.

I know its not all Muslims but I wish the ones that live in these areas would do more to take on these despicable, evil people. It shouldnt take us to get involved except for support. They should be leading to charge, and do so proudly to combat these extremist terrorists. Especially if most Muslims believe their religion is getting a bad rap.

The numbers of Muslims who dont believe as the extremists do, should outnumber them ten fold. I would think if they really wanted to, they could rise up as one and take it to them. For there to be any success in the ridding of most of these terrorists, it is my belief that it would have to be a Muslim war. Primarily Muslims against the extremists.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:28 PM

I find it a bit disgusting that there are more comments with regard to one unflattering post about the profit Obama than about a brutal beheading by a 12 yo in the name of some silly superstition. I guess we see what is more offensive to some people. I know, anything to deflect from a post showing radical Islam in it's basist state. Hate to tell you this, but your priorities are bass-ackwards.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:55 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Trying to figure why i'm supposed to care about this stuff. Why is it my business that they behead people over there?

Old 04-18-2011, 06:09 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trying to figure why i'm supposed to care about this stuff. Why is it my business that they behead people over there?
They're trying to convince us that we who not all that long ago would execute people in contraptions sometimes known as 'Old Sparky' that literally cooked human bodies from the inside out are just so much more civilized than the rest of the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies