Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 04:34 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
The OP doesn't seem interested in discussing the topic, if so, what was the point in posting it?
It's really just more stupid, needless death in the region but I have no doubt had the situation been reversed and Palestinians wandered into a banned area and been shot by the IDF that there'd be people right in this forum saying "Too bad but you went where you shouldn't and got what you deserved"

If these people, and I mean all of these people, are too stubborn, too stupid, or too hung up on the "My God is better than your God" argument to learn to live together I just wish the US would realize it and minimize our involvement in the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 04:43 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,346,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's really just more stupid, needless death in the region but I have no doubt had the situation been reversed and Palestinians wandered into a banned area and been shot by the IDF that there'd be people right in this forum saying "Too bad but you went where you shouldn't and got what you deserved"

If these people, and I mean all of these people, are too stubborn, too stupid, or too hung up on the "My God is better than your God" argument to learn to live together I just wish the US would realize it and minimize our involvement in the area.
I agree 100% that the deaths were in all likelihood needless. I also think it's naive to think this situation can be resolved without UN peacekeeping presence, which I think will remain impossible as long as the U.S officially and unofficially backs an occupying state.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:49 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I agree 100% that the deaths were in all likelihood needless. I also think it's naive to think this situation can be resolved without UN peacekeeping presence, which I think will remain impossible as long as the U.S officially and unofficially backs an occupying state.
I don't really believe it can be resolved by any other than the involved parties and so far they really show no sincere interest in doing so. I think both the US and UN have proven themselves ineffective and that's unlikely to change.

Time we shed our little world police uniform and take care of our own problems.

Old 04-24-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I don't really believe it can be resolved by any other than the involved parties and so far they really show no sincere interest in doing so. I think both the US and UN have proven themselves ineffective and that's unlikely to change.

It's absolutely an issue that needs resolving by the involved parties, I don't think that's possible without first having a more stable reduction or stop in the use of force, and I don't think that's possible without a strong, multinational presence, through UN peacekeeping forces. I don't think the US should contribute to that force any more than the next country, and considering the history, I most certainly don't think the US should lead such a force.

Old 04-24-2011, 05:19 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:

As far as BushObama`s feckless interventions worldwide are concerned, I agree 100%.

And if it weren`t for the huge number of people in the world who would like nothing better than another Holocaust, I would agree with you in this case, as well. But I can't.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Default PA authourity says Israeli settlers not normal people

to justify their murderous attack.

PA Spokesman: Settlers Are not Normal People - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

Quote:
Jewish settlers in Israel “are not normal people” and therefore there is no need to apologize for the murder of a Jew who prayed at Kever Yosef (Joseph’s Tomb) Sunday morning, according to Palestinian Authority security forces’ spokesman General Adnan Damiri.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:20 PM

232 posts, read 221,302 times
Not sure why you're labeling all Palestinians. Pretty sure nobody advocates murder. I'm also pretty sure this is none of our business. Israel and Palestine need to figure this out, not us.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:13 PM

43 posts, read 482,383 times
lol all 3 "abrahamic" religions are bull**** ripoffs of the concepts taught in Waset Egypt the original house of priesthood. Keep fighting all of our ancestors are laughing at us, adn then crying cuz we are their children. An Eye for an eye though

Old 04-24-2011, 09:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The usual defenders of the Palestinian terrorists are silent.......deafeningly so.
UN Report: Israelis Executed US Citizen.

Quote:
"So a us "citizen" took part in an illegal "flotilla" with ties to Hezbollah and this makes the Israelis cruel by enforcing their laws how exactly? If this guy had a clue he would not have placed himself in such a position".
by:lifelongMOgal

Old 04-24-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
May I compliment that with: Burn!

Great post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies