Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:46 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,047,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Hypocrisy is alive and well at CD.
Did it ever go away?
If it did, I must have been away from the computer for that nanosecond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 11:59 PM

24,515 posts, read 33,352,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I wish people would be more free to use whatever type of language they want including "F word".
Why so more people can sound like dummies?
It's rude, crude and unnecessary .

Old 04-30-2011, 07:37 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,685,382 times
Nope...I watched that video and I actually agree with everything he had to say.

I swear like a sailor sometimes and the F word does not offend me at all. I've heard every possible cuss word out there being in the Military.

It does not bother me

Old 04-30-2011, 07:42 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,475,982 times
I don't think the people who are offended are offended because they can't handle hearing the F word. I think it has to do more with the fact that it's a bit different when a guy who wants to run for president says it. It's not exactly sitting around a fire with your buddies having a few beers, or even gossiping about your coworkers in the mail room. It's a guy giving a public speech, who wants to be taken seriously enough to be considered for presidency. I think it's more the lack of judgment people are offended by, not the word itself.

Though I have to admit, after watching a few clips of the Apprentice, I can't believe anyone takes this guy seriously.

Old 04-30-2011, 07:57 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,384,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I don't think the people who are offended are offended because they can't handle hearing the F word. I think it has to do more with the fact that it's a bit different when a guy who wants to run for president says it. It's not exactly sitting around a fire with your buddies having a few beers, or even gossiping about your coworkers in the mail room. It's a guy giving a public speech, who wants to be taken seriously enough to be considered for presidency. I think it's more the lack of judgment people are offended by, not the word itself.

Though I have to admit, after watching a few clips of the Apprentice, I can't believe anyone takes this guy seriously.
The Apprentice gives so much to good causes.

That is VERY serious.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:01 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,475,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The Apprentice gives so much to good causes.

That is VERY serious.
Have you ever watched the insults, vulgar language, and just in general toilet humor that goes on on the Apprentice?

Why is it a shocker that Trump dropped a few F bombs?

I was shocked to find one of my favorite actors and heroes of mine joining right in with the tasteless humor.

I highly recommend watching this with the volume on mute and the closed captions on. (Not just cause of the language--because the audio is annoying and has a lot of screechy sounds.)

Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,652,001 times
Trump was never really in the race as a serious candidate, but do like his knowledge of economic issues. This kind of language has always been a class marker, so he is a loser. Even though the culture has become very coarse, and this kind of language is mainstream to many, there is still a large element of society who will not tolerate his "indulgence" of terms. His lack of judgment here is telling and he is out IMO. Added to that is the hair disaster which he still has not corrected. Does his BimboWife have no influence with him?

Old 04-30-2011, 08:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oh please! If Obama gave a speech laced with F-bombs people would be marching in the street demanding he be impeached.
I don't think you answered the question? No one asked what we would think if Obama dropped the F word, the question was, do you care if Trump did?

Nita

Old 04-30-2011, 08:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Why so more people can sound like dummies?
It's rude, crude and unnecessary .
good post, good reasoning. Do I care if Trump used it? It isn't going to keep me from supporting him if I decide to (not likely) but I so think it is unacceptable anyone who thinks such words should be part of everyone's language appears to be pretty classless in my opinion.

Nita

Old 04-30-2011, 01:40 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,269,505 times
Um....he's from NY. People can have a lot of money without having any class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies