Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2011, 09:43 AM

19 posts, read 16,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
A few months after the government filed the suit, Trump gave a combative press conference at the New York Hilton in which he went after the Justice Department for being too friendly to welfare recipients. He "accused the Justice Department of singling out his corporation because it was a large one and because the Government was trying to force it to rent to welfare recipients," the Times reported. Trump added that if welfare recipients were allowed into his apartments in certain middle-class outer-borough neighborhoods, there would be a "massive fleeing from the city of not only our tenants, but communities as a whole."

Yeah...just who do those black welfare people think they are!!!

Oh, theyr'e not on welfare. Well they are black anyway, what's the difference.
see that's the problem with people today.THEY ASSUME SOMEONE IS A RACIST IF THEY ARE NOT BLACK. look outside of the box. not everyone that is on welfare is black. if you think that only black people are on welfare then you yourself are prejudice. WHAT WOULD THEY HAVE SAID IF TRUMP WERE BLACK AND STILL WAS AGAINST RENTING TO PEOPLE ON WELFARE ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 09:46 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,145,574 times
Quote:
Another conservative circular argument. I guess you know better than Trump what he said. Trump made it about welfare blacks from his statements and you say that's false...

Yep, nothing here folks, just another allegation of racism and we all know that dosen't exist.

I base my view on the New York Times, a conservative bases his on, "I've been to court before"!!!..
and of course the NY Times is not slanted in anyway. I would not admit I based my views on the NY Times.

Nita

Old 04-30-2011, 09:52 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,969,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and of course the NY Times is not slanted in anyway. I would not admit I based my views on the NY Times.

Nita

you can't slant the fact that Trump and the DOJ reached a settlement, and Trump agreed not to descriminate against black people.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:56 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,969,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayabusa05 View Post
see that's the problem with people today.THEY ASSUME SOMEONE IS A RACIST IF THEY ARE NOT BLACK. look outside of the box. not everyone that is on welfare is black. if you think that only black people are on welfare then you yourself are prejudice. WHAT WOULD THEY HAVE SAID IF TRUMP WERE BLACK AND STILL WAS AGAINST RENTING TO PEOPLE ON WELFARE ?
Please stop with the what if's.

A building is 95% white and five percent minority. This is after years of applicants being told vacant apartments were occupied.

I never made the welfare insinuation, Trump did, but again he gets a pass on that too, of course he didn't tie race to this..

In your world this is not indicative of racism, yep ok!!!..I agree to disagree with you.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:17 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,046,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moloch689 View Post
This is one of the most ignorant statements I have seen on this thread. So then schools who do not want to let in students based on skin color, and restaurants that do not want to serve people based on skin color are just fine? A hospital owned by the KKK would be legally fine to just deny treatment based on race, or have a white only waiting room and a black only waiting room, and lets while we are at the drivers seat of the crazy train give states the right to out law interracial marriages. This statement shows just how much of a racist you are. No wonder you don't like Obama, you now like trump the chump are not even trying to hide your racism. Ignorance abounds in the tea bagging community.
The real problem is that some people only see race and racism and others completely ignore skin color and look at the content of each individual's character. The Progressives are bitterly angry that Conservatives are most likely to look at character. Arguments over character have to be defensible while accusations of racism are by design indefensible and meant to shut down civil discourse.

So, why are posters like yourself and others here on CD so adamant about shutting down civil discourse? Why is it so difficult for you and others to get past race when so many aready have?

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 04-30-2011 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-30-2011, 10:19 AM

38,662 posts, read 26,474,344 times
Quote:
you can't slant the fact that Trump and the DOJ reached a settlement, and Trump agreed not to discriminate against black people.

Good point! Trump should have bankrupted his company with endless lawyer fees and court costs while the DOJ used the billions at their disposal to pursue what are the civil rights equivalent of slip-and-fall extortion cases.

Everyone knows how ACORN, Rainbow Coalition, National Action Network, NAACP and others are in the business of accusing whites of racism. By teaming up with the federal government through civil rights complaints, they can effectively use the nearly unlimited power of the federal government as legal muscle to shake down any successful business they choose.

Along comes reconmark to proclaim Trump's guilt because he had to choose between giving the race pimps what they wanted or end up penniless.

"Reached a settlement" just means he was forced to say "uncle" because he couldn't match the virtually unlimited resources of the federal government.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:23 AM

19 posts, read 16,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The real problem is that some people only see race and racism and others completely ignore skin color and look at the content of each individual's character. The Progressives are bitterly angry that Conservatives are most likely to look at character. Arguments over character have to be defensible while accusations of racism are bu deosn indefensible and meant to shut down civil discourse.

So, why are posters like yourself and others here on CD so adamant about shutting down civil discourse? Why is it so difficult for you and others to get past race when so many aready have?

cuase they're not happy with who they are themselves. they have to accept themselves for who they are to live a happy life. such people need to look at a persons eyes and listen to them. don't look at their skin and noticed it's not like yours.

Last edited by hayabusa05; 04-30-2011 at 10:35 AM..

Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 AM

15,851 posts, read 35,222,545 times
Donald Trump has the balls to say what he really thinks instead of playing the "politically correct" card every time somebody sneezes.

Kudos to him for that.

Even so, he is considerably less racist that our current President.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-30-2011, 10:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,281,615 times
Quote:
Another conservative circular argument. I guess you know better than Trump what he said. Trump made it about welfare blacks from his statements and you say that's false...
You are the one making it a ciruclar argument by making a statement, and not backing it up..

Again, where is this PUBLIC document pronouncing guilt? Settlement agreements, if it indicated he was guilty would be EVERYWHERE by now.. Nope.. none found..
Quote:
I base my view on the New York Times, a conservative bases his on, "I've been to court before"!!!..
Not even the NYT says Trump discriminated, so you arent basing your views on the NYT.. you are just pretending things say what they dont because your mind was set to hate already...

Last edited by pghquest; 04-30-2011 at 10:41 AM..

Old 04-30-2011, 10:33 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,281,615 times
Quote:
you can't slant the fact that Trump and the DOJ reached a settlement, and Trump agreed not to descriminate against black people.
Trump agreed to do what he wasnt doing to begin with, its like you coming to a settlement saying you wont molest children.. Does this mean you are currently? I doubt it, but thats your argument, you stick with it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies