Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:13 AM

26 posts, read 46,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Hmmmmm........I guess 400,000-900,000 dead Iraqi civilians arent enuff
in a neokkkons mind to be considered "blowing up innocent people" ?
Right, and I'm sure American soldiers killed every single one of them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 11:22 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyj View Post
Right, and I'm sure American soldiers killed every single one of them!
You're right.....indescriminately dropping maga-tonnage of bombs out of airplanes a mile up in the air would have nothing to do with that....
my bad.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:43 AM

243 posts, read 704,149 times
Well. to take out Sadam was a good thing. Tho it seems to be done for reasons Iraq had nothing to do with.

But still Sadam was not a good leader.

Tho many say that some soldiers and actions done in Iraq by americans are the same or similar to actions america calls terrorist actions.

But when americans do it its "freeing a nation" U even denied pep their rights and put them in jail without court. and U even tortured pep. and thats some how okey for ur administration when america is doing it.
But when others are doing it its about the worst thing that can happen.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjukken View Post
Tho many say that some soldiers and actions done in Iraq by americans are the same or similar to actions america calls terrorist actions.

But when americans do it its "freeing a nation" U even denied pep their rights and put them in jail without court. and U even tortured pep. and thats some how okey for ur administration when america is doing it.
But when others are doing it its about the worst thing that can happen.
Throughout the history of war, people have been taken prisoner and not allowed access to the court systems - it's war. In fact, I would like you to show me one time in history that each prisoner of war was given a trial with legal defense. The prisoners the US has get meals, medical care, and freedom of religion. Those captured by the "others" get tortured, slaughtered, and dumped on the side of the road.

Soldiers in the US that do things like you describe are prosecuted by the law - big difference. "When others do it" it's broadcast like a great feat of war. While we're talking about this torture, are you suggesting that taking a picture of a guy in his underwear (I'm not supporting what happened) is the same as beheading people?

There are a select few people in the US forces that have crossed the line. Those people pay for doing it. The majority are building schools and giving to the people. The entire approach of the "others doing it" crosses the line. To portray them as equal is outrageous.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:02 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Your right, my mistake, but I could assure you I am WIDE awake...
Ok, as long as you know it wasn't me everythings cool.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
You're right.....indescriminately dropping maga-tonnage of bombs out of airplanes a mile up in the air would have nothing to do with that....
my bad.
Indescriminately? Do you have proof of that? I'm sure that a USAF Lt. Col. with several college degrees, probably married with a wife and several kids back home would love to bomb hospitals and civilian apartment buildings just of the hell of it, or as you put it "indescriminately."

Old 08-02-2007, 12:05 PM

Im talking about some of the things hapend on prison in cuba F.eks.
That other war countries do the same dosent alow u to act like that.

It seems to me that privates in the american army who do sumthing wrong. Posible from missunderstanding officers. Getting hard punishments.

but high lvl officers in charge of prisoncamp responsible for tru war crimes. are alowed to continue under the patriot laws.

tho only country in the I world going out attacing othere are america. Tho some support from Un. and even against Un advise.

Tho i did read sumthing intresting here.
A Norwegian soldier was shot in Afganistan. and there was lots uf fuss about how bad that is.. but He was a forigein soldier on Afganistans land. Ofc pep there defend them self with right. Norwegian soldiers (or anyone else) have no buisnis going there with weapon...

Back to cuba. unf the sadest is that lots of equipment there for interigating prisinor in special "rooms" made so no one can tell what happens inside. Are made in Norway... And this make me werry sad...

oftopic: Thank u cosmic ninja

Last edited by Tjukken; 08-02-2007 at 12:14 PM..

Old 08-02-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Im talking about some of the things hapend on prison in cuba F.eks.
That other war countries do the same dosent alow u to act like that.

It seems to me that privates in the american army who do sumthing wrong. Posible from missunderstanding officers. Getting hard punishments.

but high lvl officers in charge of prisoncamp responsible for tru war crimes. are alowed to continue under the patriot laws.
Ahhhhhhh.....no. The commanding officers are prosecuted as well and loose their command, retirement and may even be prosecuted if they are party to the even or shown to have covered it up..
Quote:
tho only country in the I world going out attacing othere are america. Tho some support from Un. and even against Un advise.
And that's what reported in your part of the world. I guess nothing happened on 9/11/2001? Prior to that who were we attacking?

...[/quote]

Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
That was the case of the 1950s and early 60s when the "tail was wagging the dog." I've worked in the defence industry today, its quite different....
Don't want to get too far off here, if you care to why not start another thread and expand on that a bit? Seems like so much of Ike's complete warning would still apply today, I think one of the biggest differences now is the huge influence of lobbyists although that doesn't seem to negate much of the warning.

Last edited by burdell; 08-02-2007 at 12:25 PM..

Old 08-02-2007, 12:20 PM

tho one thing. (i make this in a new answere)

America has a tendens to call stuff a "police acction" "free the state acction" in stead of war. I belewe korean war was att the time a "police acction".

some say this is to exclude some war times rules.. Other say this is just naming to geet founds in the congress.

But the fact that inprisenment in americas prison camp against terrorists do rais questions is clear. And it also have ben changin in americas laws on how to act against suspeckt terrorists.

that law is similar to the britts. Who shot and killed an inisent man who where sitting still on the subbway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies