Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 12:13 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,569,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Oh good God. get real. the government didnt lie. "the government" gave the information they had. then it was determined the infomation wasnt 100% right. then they revised. and they revised pretty quickly.

same thing happened iwth Jessica Lynch.

Pat Tillman was a bit different. several officers tried a cover up. they got caught and in the end the government revised and told the truth.

Bird Flu was not shot in a war zone.
they were watching this on live feed t.v. , and is there no communication b/t the SEALS commander, other miltary brass and the President before he goes on national t.v .on a sunday night no less, and gives news people were waiting for for 10 years????

Oh good god, you need to get real and stop swallowing everything you hear hook, line, and sinker.

Lynch was blow up wayyyyy out of proportion and you admit the gov't lied about TIllman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:14 PM

20,496 posts, read 12,426,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So is this wrong?

Obama watched Osama 'shot in left eye' on live video

Sitting in White House, Obama watched Osama die (http://www.inewsone.com/2011/05/03/sitting-in-white-house-obama-watched-osama-die/47962 - broken link)
News One India? Not exactly sure that is the report I would be looking for.

got something from AP?

shoot, I would be willing to accept MSNBC or FoxNews but News One India might not be exactly the reporting agency to trust.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:18 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,213,195 times
How did Bush's pentagon "mistakenly" say Jessica Lynch fought back before she was captured. (Actually, she meekly surrendered)

How could the Bush's pentagon "mistakenly" claim that Jessica has stab and bullet wounds. (actually, she had ZERO stab or gun shot wounds, she had a broken arm, a broken thigh and a dislocated ankle)

How could the Bush's pentagon "mistakenly" claim they used a daring special forces rescue mission to get her back. (Actually, the Iraqi military had pulled out of the hospital the day before and there was ZERO resistance)

ALL were NOT true.

The truth about Jessica | World news | The Guardian

Quote:
I dont think Obama himself said it. some others certainly did. they did so because someone thought that was the report.

then it was revised when further information from those in the action reported. to specific questions.

come on people lets take a breath and deal with reality!

Old 05-03-2011, 12:18 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,691,941 times
Quote:
News One India? Not exactly sure that is the report I would be looking for.

got something from AP?

shoot, I would be willing to accept MSNBC or FoxNews but News One India might not be exactly the reporting agency to trust.

Better? I Didnt know about them either.

War News Updates: President Obama Saw Osama Bin Laden Die Via A Video Feed

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-live-TV.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...en-relief.html

Old 05-03-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
they were watching this on live feed t.v. , and is there no communication b/t the SEALS commander, other miltary brass and the President before he goes on national t.v .on a sunday night no less, and gives news people were waiting for for 10 years????

Oh good god, you need to get real and stop swallowing everything you hear hook, line, and sinker.

Lynch was blow up wayyyyy out of proportion and you admit the gov't lied about TIllman.
admit? lets go with truth is pretty simple most of the time.

Lynch was certainly blown up. After Action Reports however did what they generally do. It cleared things up and popped that blown up balloon.

The same will happen with this action. the AAs will clear up details. It isnt lies. It is raw information that has not been reconciled.

seriously badger this isnt me swallowing anything. and my propensity is to believe NOTHING Obama says until proven he is right.

I am however versed in these things being fomer military and having an understanding of how news reports work, that early information is rarely 100% accurate.

Look, there were 20 eye witnesses to that action on the ground. then there was another group who watched some of this (we dont know how much) from video feeds.

ALL of the eye witnesses saw the action from different perspectives. when you get all their information, you can reconcile and get a clear picture.

if you rely on only one of them, then you are not going to get a clear picture.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 PM

maybe... still not buying this yet... doesnt change the fact that early reports generally arent fully accurate.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
How did Bush's pentagon "mistakenly" say Jessica Lynch fought back before she was captured. (Actually, she meekly surrendered)

How could the Bush's pentagon "mistakenly" claim that Jessica has stab and bullet wounds. (actually, she had ZERO stab or gun shot wounds, she had a broken arm, a broken thigh and a dislocated ankle)

How could the Bush's pentagon "mistakenly" claim they used a daring special forces rescue mission to get her back. (Actually, the Iraqi military had pulled out of the hospital the day before and there was ZERO resistance)

ALL were NOT true.

The truth about Jessica | World news | The Guardian

because the earliest reports from zealous soldiers on the ground gave bad information that was eventually corrected by the government

I dont blame Bush for those bad early reports and I am not going to blame Obama for bad early reports here.

both are nonsense. and the Lynch situation is very good analogy to this one.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,240,110 times
Quote:
maybe... still not buying this yet... doesnt change the fact that early reports generally arent fully accurate.
Early reports usually are lacking information, they dont normally have information which is completely wrong..

Old 05-03-2011, 12:25 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,148,490 times
This just gets to be more hilarious. Now lies perpetrated by the Bush administration are reason to disbelieve Obama.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:26 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,691,941 times
Quote:
I think this is a better one.

Osama bin Laden killing: Barack Obama watched raid live - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies