Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
It is about equal rights, not wars. I am for bringing all troops home from everywhere.

I sure Hope that is sarcasm!
It obviously was and purely taken out of context.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:04 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Homosexual doesn't exist in the Bible, Quran, or Tanakh - the word wasn't invented yet, nor did anyone have any conception of what it was.

There are only 3 same-sex behaviors that the Biblical authors would have been familiar with: rape, prostitution, and pederasty.
I'm sorry but that's just anal. In the bible it states clearly that a man shall not lay with a man, nor a woman with a woman. It most certainly couldn't be interpreted as a homosexual act, after all the word homosexual didn't exist back then so the act of homosexuality must not have either... OH MY GOSH ARE YOU SERIOUS

Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Not saying there equal but now many criminals are born every year much less future murders. i don't think god has anyhting to do with choice in behaviour really.
Homosexuality is not behavior. It's a description of innate sexual and emotional attraction.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:05 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,215,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You are saved by grace, but Jesus also said to keep the laws of God (Old Testament).
I would love to see that verse. So you say we need to keep all 613 laws of God in order to enter Heaven? Sounds like a different Gospel than I am used to.

Quote:
Do you believe you can sin without repentance or have grace without deserving it? .
I believe NO ONE deserves salvation, that is hwy Jesus died on the cross for us.

Is his grace not sufficient enough?

Quote:
You say "Your God" like your God is different from Our God. Men make Christians look bad. It isn't Christians making God look bad. God is God. How we come to God is the variable. If you believe the only way to God is through Christ, then we agree. If not, then we don't. However you want to believe is up to you. I only hope that you believe in The God, and not just some god.
My God is very different than the self-help, pop, "me" centered, weak God being preached today. It is ALL God.

None of this has anything to do with the USA, we have equal rights for sinners and saints, what a person believes or what consensual act they do has no bearing in their rights.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:09 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but that's just anal. In the bible it states clearly that a man shall not lay with a man, nor a woman with a woman. It most certainly couldn't be interpreted as a homosexual act, after all the word homosexual didn't exist back then so the act of homosexuality must not have either... OH MY GOSH ARE YOU SERIOUS
I've had lots of Christians tell me the Bible does "look down" on homosexuality. They tend to quote the Old Testament and talk about Sodom and Gomorrah. I've had lots of Christians tell me the Bible does not "look down" on homosexuality. They usually say things like the 10 Commandments never mentions it, none of the prophets ever addressed it, Jesus never condemned it, and then go on to explain that the stories of Sodom and Gomorrah have nothing to do with homosexuality whatsoever. I've even had Christians tell me the Bible affirms same-sex relationships. They usually talk about David and Jonathan.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
I'm sorry but that's just anal. In the bible it states clearly that a man shall not lay with a man, nor a woman with a woman.
Um, no actually it doesn't. Aside from Romans 1 (which has nothing to do with gays when looked at in its original meaning), nothing is ever condemned about lesbians. Leviticus also adds the clause, in beds of a woman. Why does it restrict where/how a man may lay, not merely that he may not lay with another man? Had it been an outright condemnation, it would have said "A man shall not have consensual sexual relations with another man". Period. But it doesn't say that in Hebrew.

Quote:
It most certainly couldn't be interpreted as a homosexual act, after all the word homosexual didn't exist back then so the act of homosexuality must not have either... OH MY GOSH ARE YOU SERIOUS
I never said homosexuality didn't exist. I said, the Biblical authors weren't aware of sexual orientation. The prevalent behavior among the Israelites, Greeks, and Romans was prostitution and pederasty. Same-sex consensual relationships were very rare, and Paul would have never taken the time to target a tiny minority he was barely aware of.

He was speaking to large audiences about common sins. The common sins were pederasty and prostitution. Even Paul's contemporaries like Philo understood this.

We in the modern day, have of course lost Paul's meaning and butchered it beyond recognition to support prejudices.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:23 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I find that hard to believe. If a hospital in-patient requests that his partner--or anyone else--be allowed in to see him, the hospital has to comply. Hospitals have no authority to deny visitation rights on their own. All the dying person has to do is tell the hospital who can come in as visitors and who cannot.
Ditto. This is an obvious fabrication to try and prove a point.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:33 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,215,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Ditto. This is an obvious fabrication to try and prove a point.
I will assume that you continued to read the posts and now realize you were completely wrong.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:38 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,002,221 times
Look, I have no problem with gays. I do have a problem with in-your-face-constantly gays and POC is a prime example of that. Right now four gay threads on the front page. Geez.

It is not the best question either. It is like saying how many deviants must we have before God wants them around (and I am not saying gays are deviants). I literally refer to anyone who goes way beyond the bounds of mainstream behavior like criminals, murderers and thieves.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:41 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Homosexuality is not behavior. It's a description of innate sexual and emotional attraction.
and something that's developed during childhood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies