Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2011, 09:13 AM

1,777 posts, read 1,404,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
LOL, I know it is tough for the left to grasp but I'll try. What was the negative outcome of Bush waiting so as not to freighten the children? Come on we all know. Zip, none, nada.
Looking back with 20-20 vision?

Why not try to put yourself in the situation as Bush knew it at the time. He knew that two planes had been flown into the World Trade Center towers. He knew other planes had been hijacked. He might have had to order the shooting down of a plane, such as flight #93. During those minute, nobody knew the full scope of what was happening, or how far the terrorist plot would go.

Just because President Bush got lucky and had the passengers on that flight stop the terrorists' plot themselves doesn't mean that sitting there and doing nothing for ten minutes was the right move. When you're the Commander in Chief and told "America is under attack," keeping a classroom of first graders calm should not be your top priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 09:14 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times
Quote:
LOL, I know it is tough for the left to grasp but I'll try. What was the negative outcome of Bush waiting so as not to freighten the children? Come on we all know. Zip, none, nada.
What was going on by the terrorists during those 7 minutes? Were the terrorists targeting more planes? Did Bush have any idea of the ramifications of waiting while he finished' "The Pet Goat?" For all Bush knew, there could have been circumstances that required his immediate intervention to save lives.

In my field, he would have been fired on the spot! Like i wrote earlier, if we didn't need him for those crucial 7 minutes, we didn't need him at all!

Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,335,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What was going on by the terrorists during those 7 minutes? Were the terrorists targeting more planes? Did Bush have any idea of the ramifications of waiting while he finished' "The Pet Goat?" For all Bush knew, there could have been circumstances that required his immediate intervention to save lives.

In my field, he would have been fired on the spot! Like i wrote earlier, if we didn't need him for those crucial 7 minutes, we didn't need him at all!
How come kids never got no book called The Scape Goat?

At what age should kids be taught deceit?

Probably, only lies can protect kids from deceit.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:19 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,768,423 times
Quote:
Whatever.

The priority of a president is to not "spook" children by explaining that important "responsibilities" of his elected office require his immediate attention?

The take home lesson for these children; preventing possible discomfort is more important than national security or carrying out the expectations of a job!

More nonsense. I asked about the negative outcome caused by his delay and of course there was none. And of course Bush acted decisively, too decisivvely for the left. Don't forget he was called a cowboy. This is more of the cheap shots by the left. When Time becomes uncomfortble with it, you know it is truely low.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:

LOL, OK so you now admit that there was no negative outcome. I am in healthcare also, the only thing that matters is outcomes. Keep that in mind when you are helping physicians.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:23 AM

3,735 posts, read 5,781,407 times
I, personally, cannot imagine reading any President's book, or wasting time listening to any Presidential address. They are all carefully crafted manipulations, regardless of who, at that moment, is President.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
Looking back with 20-20 vision?

Why not try to put yourself in the situation as Bush knew it at the time. He knew that two planes had been flown into the World Trade Center towers. He knew other planes had been hijacked. He might have had to order the shooting down of a plane, such as flight #93. During those minute, nobody knew the full scope of what was happening, or how far the terrorist plot would go.

Just because President Bush got lucky and had the passengers on that flight stop the terrorists' plot themselves doesn't mean that sitting there and doing nothing for ten minutes was the right move. When you're the Commander in Chief and told "America is under attack," keeping a classroom of first graders calm should not be your top priority.

Nope, he didn't get lucky, he knows the limitations of being President. Obama learned that lesson this week. You (more likely your staff) may call the shots but others carry them out. This isn't the movies, the national security apparatus was in motion, and worked as it should. No emergency is immediately dependet on Presidential action.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:25 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,387,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I like boobies.
(*)(*)

Old 05-04-2011, 09:26 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,223,095 times
From info I have read, it took Bush that 'some short period of time' to make his move away from the school, during which time was a mechanical prep time for his helicopter, or jet, or bicycle, or whatever.

From the time of determining a course of action in Pakistan to implementation was about the same time it took for Obama to write and deliver his Trump trash jokes. And at that, his hand was forced by Panetta. A much longer hand wringing time than that of Bush, above.

Even.
Quote:
Ace of Spades HQ

"But the next morning after 16 hours, Obama summoned four top aides to the White House Diplomatic Room. Before they could speak, the president put his fist on the table and declared 'It's a go'."

Last edited by Willsson; 05-04-2011 at 09:37 AM..

Old 05-04-2011, 09:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,846,421 times
Quote:
More nonsense. I asked about the negative outcome caused by his delay and of course there was none. And of course Bush acted decisively, too decisivvely for the left. Don't forget he was called a cowboy. This is more of the cheap shots by the left. When Time becomes uncomfortble with it, you know it is truely low.
Lets look at the timeline of what occurred while Bush finished reading, "The Pet Goat."

Quote:
9:05 a.m.: Andrew Card walks up to Bush while he is listening to a Goat Story with 16 second graders in Florida. Card whispers in his ear "A second plane has hit the World Trade Center. America is under attack." Bush (commander-and-chief?) keeps listening to this Goat Story with these children for at least 7 minutes, and perhaps as long as 18 minutes. Why didn't he excuse himself from these children right away, and immediately address this national emergency, is totally unexplainable.
Quote:
There is no way the secret service leaves Bush in a place (Emma E. Booker Elementary School) where everyone knows he is.

This is what was occurring while Bush read, "The Pet Goat!"

9:05 a.m.: West Virginia flight control notices a new eastbound plane entering their radar with no radio contact and no transponder identification. They are not sure it is American Airlines Flight 77. Supposedly they wait another 19 minutes before notifying NORAD about it.

9:06 a.m.: Order to halt traffic is expanded to include the entire northeast from Washington to Cleveland. FAA's air traffic control center outside Washington D.C. notifies all air traffic facilities nationwide of the suspected hijacking of American Airlines Flight 11.

9:06 a.m.: The FAA formally notified the military that United Airlines Flight 175 had been hijacked.

9:08 a.m.: FAA orders all aircraft to leave New York area airspace and orders all New York-bound planes nationwide to stay on the ground.

9:10 a.m. to 9:20 a.m.: United Airlines Flight 93 was hijacked.

9:11 a.m.: The two F-15 Eagles from Otis Air National Guard station in Falmouth; Massachusetts finally make it to NYC and the WTC.

9:12 a.m.: The FAA formally notified the military that United Airlines Flight 175 had crashed into the WTC.

9:15 a.m.: American Airlines orders no new takeoffs in the United States.

Events, real time, on 9/11
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies