Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2011, 04:24 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,957,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This is false.

If a bar were to discriminate against people based on their race or religion they would soon be facing a well-founded complaint, probably for compensatory and punitive damages.
BS, a bar keep can throw out anyone he wants and refuse to serve anyone he wants any time he wants.

That can be for any reason he dreams up. All he has to say is that in his opinion the customer was drunk. I worked as a bouncer and decided at times who was leaving, rapidly. I worked as general manager to a foreign auro shop and threw out 4 customers in 5 years for bad checks and other like BS.

One of them said he would sue, but he didn't. I guess he didn't want me to show the Judge all his bad checks. I told that guy to tell no less than 10 of his friends, since i didn't want to service any cars of at least that many of his friends.

In another shop, I threw out a guy that just insisted I drop everyone ahead of him and service his car. That jerk sent his car the next day with another driver to make a proper appointment. I asked the driver to prove he just bought the car, and when he said he was just the driver I threw him out too.

I can and will throw out anyone I happen to not like for the slightest reason. No race, creed, or religion needed period.

Last edited by Mac_Muz; 05-07-2011 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 05:20 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,667,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Also, most people forget that part of their standard operating procedure is to test the system, find out what works, what doesn't, and where they have to modify their MO. How are we supposed to know it's only a test?

The fact that they took another plane and landed without incident means nothing, except that if it was a test they gained valuable information. Actually, it's a win-win for them. Get through, and they win. Removed from the plane, they sue -- AND win again! Legal action may intimidate other airlines due to the cost involved, and eventually they'll be careful to be "pc" because it's less expensive that way. Muslims said years ago that they will use our own system of laws to defeat us, and this is just one way of doing that.

For the person who said it's "good" that this will be expensive for the airline -- well, you must not ever fly because if you do, that cost will be reflected in your ticket also.
Some of us will find airlines that do not lose lawsuits because they do not allow muslims to board for no other reasons than they are muslims. So I won't be paying more.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:41 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,871,642 times
Apparently some people never learn how one or two people do NOT represent an entire group of people. It's kind of amazing, actually.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:26 PM

700 posts, read 1,646,010 times
He needs to worry about the following first.
1. Take off
2. Flying
3. Landing
4. Someone with a bomb or weapon.

He needs to do his job. Let others do theirs.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:12 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
They should put security on planes to avoid all this racial profiling and terrorism.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:25 PM

2,330 posts, read 3,808,696 times
The pilot should be fired.

There are large muslim communities in a number of cities in the US, including the one I live in. In my experience the vast majority are upstanding, law abiding folk. So they are not allowed to fly now if the pilot is a racist? This should be unacceptable.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:33 PM

50 posts, read 48,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Racism? Islam is not a race. It is a (gutter) religion. Any religion that says it is okay to fly a plane in a building does not deserve any respect in my opinion.
If you had any ounce of intelligence and did some research yourself... You would know that committing suicide is the ultimate sin in Islam. 1st class ticket to hell. Why don't you try to read a book once in awhile

The hate in this thread is sad. So many ignorant people...

Old 05-07-2011, 10:52 PM

956 posts, read 1,113,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Muslim Leaders Say U.S. Pilot Refused to Fly With Them Onboard - FoxNews.com

"...dressed in traditional Indian clothing and his traveling companion was dressed in Arab garb, including traditional headgear."

Then they play the victim card:

"It's racism and bias because of our religion and appearance and because of misinformation about our religion." Rahman said. "If they understood Islam, they wouldn't do this."

That's just it - the pilot does understand Islam! Good for him for sticking to his guns and refusing to fly with these troublemakers aboard his plane. If they are living in the US, why would they insist on appearing like they're still in the Middle East? Do they think that's going to get them accepted here?

This will unfairly cost Delta to settle...
They were searched at the security checkpoints like everybody else on that flight. They were not found guilty of any suspicious behavior, and were discriminated against based on the fact that they "looked" like terrorists. Their religion is irrelevant, and unfortunately your close-minded narrative is becoming ever more popular. Also, people in the US usually abide by the rule of freedom of expression (e.g. skinheads wearing Nazi symbols, insisting on appearing like they're in 1930s Germany?), so until the courts rule that being a Muslim goes contrary to that notion, then your logic is flawed. It is not a matter of being for or against Islam, but a matter of being against the "guilty by association" rule that you seem content of applying to two INNOCENT individuals. And then you top it off with the cliche "playing the victim" rhetoric your kind uses to disguise your bigotry. You are either trolling or you're really just that stupid, and sadly I suspect it's the latter.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:14 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
So I guess the intolerance that certain people are demonstrating on this thread is how America is the land of liberty and justice for all, huh?
liberty and justice for all are faint memories in the U.S. Same with freedom - was great while it lasted.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:21 PM

167 posts, read 239,498 times
What if the two were dressed like Westerners. Would this incident still have happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies