Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 11:31 PM

47,020 posts, read 26,085,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
For once, the conservative elements of Hollywood (Jon Voight, Kelsey Grammar, Delta Burke, Ben Stein, Arnold, Chuck Norris, Steven Baldwin, etc.) should make THEIR version of the inevitable movie depicting the heroic takedown of America's Enemy #1.
That cast sounds a bit more like "TV movie", truth be told. I don't recall any of these guys having serious producer credits to their names - makes it a bit hard to come up with the $100+ million you'd need for a worthwhile production. Stealth helicopter scenes aren't cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I only recognized a few of the names but I'm totally with it as a blockbuster hit.....Ben Stein, Navy Seal
I'd absolutely pick "Ben Stein, Navy Seal" up, once it hit the DVD bin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 11:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,265,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
They're from Austin, so it's not guaranteed they're conservative.

I'd disagree that Red Dawn was the last major conservative Hollywood film. Forrest Gump is total right wing propaganda. The Passion Of The Christ isn't liberal. BTW, Arnold while a Repub is not a conservative. Maybe they could get Mel Gibson....
ZZ Top is actually from Houston, not Austin. And they're definitely not conservative according to many of their interviews that i've read.

In any case, i still can't believe that people are politicizing this thing to the point that they're already talking about who should make the movie first. LOL...ridiculous.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:39 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,642,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
That cast sounds a bit more like "TV movie", truth be told. I don't recall any of these guys having serious producer credits to their names - makes it a bit hard to come up with the $100+ million you'd need for a worthwhile production. Stealth helicopter scenes aren't cheap.
They could get Mel Gibson to star in it and produce it. Although Gibson's name value an actor is sinking down to TV movie level, he's still a big name as a producer/director. (I'd substitute Gibson for Arnold because Arnold's a centrist not a con)

Quote:
I'd absolutely pick "Ben Stein, Navy Seal" up, once it hit the DVD bin.
Could be hilarious.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,499,572 times
Quote:
The question is who will play Obama...
Martin Lawrence

Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 PM

573 posts, read 972,264 times
There is a reason you don't see those people very much in front of the camera. I doubt that any of them have enough pull in hollywood to get even a crappy tv movie produced that you would see on Lifetime.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:46 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,306,903 times
Quote:
For once, the conservative elements of Hollywood (Jon Voight, Kelsey Grammar, Delta Burke, Ben Stein, Arnold, Chuck Norris, Steven Baldwin, etc.) should make THEIR version of the inevitable movie depicting the heroic takedown of America's Enemy #1.

The last major conservative Hollywood flick was Red Dawn:

Red Dawn, lol. Wasn't that the movie about a group of high school kids who take on the Soviet military?

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 05-10-2011 at 12:28 AM..

Old 05-10-2011, 12:27 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,414,872 times
Quote:

The last major conservative Hollywood flick was Red Dawn:

YouTube - Red Dawn

The question is who will play Obama...

I say this guy should:

YouTube - The Fresh Prince of the Dark Side Pranks Christian TV
Conservatives couldn't even FIND bin Laden. How in the hell are they going to make a movie about President Obama's precision mission without distorting it like everything else? No thanks.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:29 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,888,929 times
Is Michael Bay a liberal?

Old 05-10-2011, 12:32 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,306,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Is Michael Bay a liberal?
Who knows.

He is probably the worst director in Hollywood however. I wonder how many razzies his films have won.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:08 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,994,412 times
Default Red Dawn

My favorite part of Red Dawn was the utterly ludicrous idea of the Red Army launched an amphibious crossing of the Bering Strait, then crossed hundred of miles of trackless lakes, wetlands and braided rivers in western Alaska (and the occasional mountain range) before getting to the only highway that it could drive down to the Lower 48 - which, conveniently, the U.S. didn't take out.

The fascinating part is trying to figure out the most laughably implausible aspect of that scenario.

Then there's the crack Spetsnaz troops fleeing in terror from high school students... the idea that the Soviets could infiltrate American air space en masse as deep as Wyoming using 'transports disguised as airliners' (I guess no one thought it odd that suddenly there were several dozen flights scheduled in a single day from Vladivostok to Cheyenne?)... and the Soviet colonel who wears all his medals (the actual medals) on his uniform, while in the field in a combat zone while anti-partisan actions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies