Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 11:03 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,558,637 times

Advertisements

http://www.essence.com/relationships/commentary_3/commentary_jill_scott_talks_interracial.php (broken link)

Quote:
My new friend is handsome, African-American, intelligent and seemingly wealthy. He is an athlete, loves his momma, and is happily married to a White woman. I admit when I saw his wedding ring, I privately hoped. But something in me just knew he didn't marry a sister. Although my guess hit the mark, when my friend told me his wife was indeed Caucasian, I felt my spirit...wince. I didn't immediately understand it. My face read happy for you. My body showed no reaction to my inner pinch, but the sting was there, quiet like a mosquito under a summer dress.
Remember: There is no such thing as reverse racism

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/pc...relationships/

Quote:
Her justification for these feeling were artful and she firmly stated that she was not raised to view people by the color of their skin. But if the same words were put in the mouth of a Caucasian, the viewpoint would wreak of bigotry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 11:08 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,809,680 times
Then I guess she has to be disgusted with Obama as he is a
'Interracial Relationship"

WAIT I thought only White people could be prejudiced.

What a bunch of hypocritical racist BS spewing forth from the sewer hole on this idiot Black Female singer/dancing monkey.

"Underneath is the bite" Yeah its called RACISM.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:27 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,985,744 times
Stupid post. I have no idea where you got the idea that racisim cannot come from any racial group but you sure are not living in the real world if you believe that. Before you say people tell you that be prepared to provide proof.
Casper

Old 05-11-2011, 11:33 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,755,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Commentary: Jill Scott Talks Interracial Dating - Essence.com (http://www.essence.com/relationships/commentary_3/commentary_jill_scott_talks_interracial.php - broken link)

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Like Rapper Common, White House Guest Jill Scott ‘Winces’ at Interracial Relationships
So this person prefers INCEST instead? "Marry a sister"??

Old 05-11-2011, 11:40 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,864,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Stupid post. I have no idea where you got the idea that racisim cannot come from any racial group but you sure are not living in the real world if you believe that. Before you say people tell you that be prepared to provide proof.
Casper
I agree.

Also to the OP, I read the whole article and Jill Scott elaborated on the quoted paragraph in stating how she knew that it could be seen as racist and gave an historical perspective as to why some black women may feel this way. It was in no way an article stating that all black women find interracial dating disgusting or that she herself finds interracial dating disgusting, it was about seeing it as hurtful to black women. You should read the article instead of just quoting a paragraph.

That said, I am a black woman and could care less about interracial dating but many people in all backgrounds and cultures do and I don't feel that means they are racists, it just means they have an opinion about this subject that is not politically correct in today's society.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,809,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper

What is all this babbling about. Oh its Racism

Obviously you missed the sarcastic point of my post. Its OK slow down and read it again. Highly though provoking intellectually dense material sometimes takes a little more time to understand.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:47 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,985,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
What is all this babbling about. Oh its Racism

Obviously you missed the sarcastic point of my post. Its OK slow down and read it again. Highly though provoking intellectually dense material sometimes takes a little more time to understand.
That is why you should re-read my post before replying, you avoid looking so foolish, ooops, too late.
Casper

Old 05-11-2011, 11:55 AM

17,409 posts, read 12,019,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Commentary: Jill Scott Talks Interracial Dating - Essence.com (http://www.essence.com/relationships/commentary_3/commentary_jill_scott_talks_interracial.php - broken link)

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Like Rapper Common, White House Guest Jill Scott ‘Winces’ at Interracial Relationships
So the new excuse to be a flaming racist is "it's OK, I was raised to not be racist. So therefore I can't be one. Even though I act and speak like one."

OK, got it.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:02 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,485,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree.

Also to the OP, I read the whole article and Jill Scott elaborated on the quoted paragraph in stating how she knew that it could be seen as racist and gave an historical perspective as to why some black women may feel this way. It was in no way an article stating that all black women find interracial dating disgusting or that she herself finds interracial dating disgusting, it was about seeing it as hurtful to black women. You should read the article instead of just quoting a paragraph.

That said, I am a black woman and could care less about interracial dating but many people in all backgrounds and cultures do and I don't feel that means they are racists, it just means they have an opinion about this subject that is not politically correct in today's society.
Thank you, i like your way of thinking, and i am a white women, and i can care less what someone does do in their peronsal life, not my business.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:15 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,816,557 times
Jill Scott has always promoted 'black is beautiful', so I am not surprised she is not overly happy when black men get married to white or Asian women instead of her "sisters"
Although I reject that attitude from any side, I do think it is slightly more understandable when it comes from minorities.

PS: I love her music, definitively one of my favorite artists of the new millennium

Last edited by Neuling; 05-11-2011 at 12:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies