U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,958 posts, read 3,759,398 times
Reputation: 3243
Default Pay attention Liberals, Mike Rowe explains why you're wrong about Conservatives hating higher education

Pay attention, Mike Rowe puts this better than anyone I've ever seen before. You routinely attack conservatives and Republicans and throw around lies that we hate higher education. You claim that we have a problem with college education when on average people like myself in the Tea Party are better educated than the general population and certainly Democrats. You insinuate that you're better than a bunch of redneck, hicks who do think that you couldn't do for yourself if you wanted to because you lack the skills. As a conservative (not a Republican) who knows how to repair my own vehicles, who knows how fix my own plumbing, Who does his own electrical wiring, who fixes just about anything around my own home which I mostly built myself and who knows how to do carpentry work, knows how to weld and knows how to catch or kill my own food in a time of need I can honestly say that I don't hate education or anyone with a college diploma because I have one myself. What I hate are people who believe that I owe them something because they had a rough life or because their great great great grandfather was a slave. I hate people who look down on others because they do a job that they feel is beneath them while raising hell about their 99 weeks of unemployment benefits is running out.

Watch this video, I don't know Mike Rowe's political affiliation nor do I care. He makes a few points that a lot of people really need to hear and comprehend.


YouTube - Mike Rowe Speaks To Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee [05-11-11]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-13-2011, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Silver Springs, FL
23,444 posts, read 17,159,295 times
Reputation: 15560
Well, theres a qualified expert in the field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Status: "Happy Chris Day" (set 1 day ago)
 
20,114 posts, read 12,555,534 times
Reputation: 17142
Shop Class was one of my favorite classes in high school. That's probably why I'm a contractor now who builds and fixes things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 03:20 PM
 
Location: On Top
12,427 posts, read 7,159,938 times
Reputation: 4016
Never heard of him, who is Mike Rowe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 03:23 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
30,957 posts, read 12,494,085 times
Reputation: 10880
Conservatives, stop blathering about only Liberals respecting education if it actually offends you. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 03:24 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,958 posts, read 3,759,398 times
Reputation: 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Never heard of him, who is Mike Rowe?
Don't worry about it, you wouldn't understand anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 03:25 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,958 posts, read 3,759,398 times
Reputation: 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Conservatives, stop blathering about only Liberals respecting education if it actually offends you. Thank you.
What were you trying to say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 PM
 
Location: On Top
12,427 posts, read 7,159,938 times
Reputation: 4016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Don't worry about it, you wouldn't understand anyway.
That's about as civil a reply as I expected from you....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Reality
9,958 posts, read 3,759,398 times
Reputation: 3243
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
That's about as civil a reply as I expected from you....
If you don't have the initiative to spend 5 seconds on the web to find out who Mike Rowe is you don't deserve a civil reply, you're lucky I replied at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
30,957 posts, read 12,494,085 times
Reputation: 10880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
What were you trying to say?
Think for yourself...

"Liberals are always talking about the value of a college education, when they fail to realize that for many majors, (generally the majors most leftists major in like art, philosophy, gender studies, basket weaving, protesting), there is absolutely no value."

The above is a
a) Liberal argument
b) Conservative argument
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top