Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 05:21 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Cain favors affirmative action programs, and believes that all abortions should be illegal.

He became a business manager, and then a lobbyist for the National Restaurant Association.

Yeah, not voting for him.
Yeah...
I prefer the guy that was:

1. mentored by Marxist professors and militants
2. Who never managed so much as a lemonade stand in his life
3. Was a community organizer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2011, 05:26 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the problem with cain is he said this:
(quote)

I think a lot people are calling for this audit fo the Federal Reserve because they don’t know enough about it. There’s no secrets going on in the Federal Reserve, to my knowledge. And I tell people, we’ve got 12 Federal Reserve banks, find out which district you’re in, call ‘em up and go from there.

We don’t need to waste money with another commission, or an audit that’s not necessary, because, folks, we’ve gotta lot of other problems we need to worry about. (end quote)

the answer is this:
If the Fed wasn’t trying to hide anything, why did they want until legislation was passed with a statutory requirement forcing to release the names of foreign banks they loaned money to? Lawsuits had been previously filed to obtain that information, and the Fed wouldn’t budge…but, according to Cain, they had nothing to hide.

As I’ve noted before, Cain endorsed the TARP bailout, or the “recovery plan,” as he called it on his radio show. Cain wrote that nationalizing banks “is not a bad thing.” He even went as far as criticizing opponents of the bailout, calling us “free market purists” and absurdly claiming that no valid criticism had been brought forward of the extraordinary intervention in the economy. (jason pye)

while cain has an excellent speaking style and scores a lot of big points on issues, i am not sure i can get past those two issues with him.

a lot of us opposed the bailouts AND the federal reserve money printing/asset robbing operation.
I don't know that I could get past those points either which is exactly why I'd like to hear him begin to talk in details about his vision and plans rather than just sound bites.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:00 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Who do you hang out with? Good Lord, NOBODY I associate with has ever referred to Obama in that manner. A completely inept CIC, yes, but I've never personally witnessed anything like what you're claiming.... not saying that there aren't racists out there, but I don't think it's nearly as widespread as you'd like it to appear.
And when you have people accusing you of being racist simply because you point out that he's put more people on food stamps than in actual jobs...well, what are you going to do?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
And when you have people accusing you of being racist simply because you point out that he's put more people on food stamps than in actual jobs...well, what are you going to do?

Tell him there are more white people on food stamps, here in the good `ol USA. But now there are more of all races on food stamps and public assistance, now, more than anytime in the history of the USA.

pretty soon it will be 50/50 on welfare and those actually paying for them.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:09 AM

2,619 posts, read 3,150,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The Godfathers pizza guy? Seriously, this is the best Republicans can come up with?
A successful business executive is a better choice than a community organizer any day.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Skippy was largely unheard of prior to about 2006. He came out of nowhere. Once he got some momentum (and George Soros' annointing) he gained a lot of support simply because he wasn't named George Bush.
Unheard of by you, maybe. I happened to watch the 2004 DNC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Nice attempt to deflect the thead and minimize Cain's many achievements.
There have been plenty of deflections on here by RWs about Obama, Biden, etc. Perhaps you'd like to call them out, too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Same here but my family and friends have voters remorse from supporting Obama. Some are college educated and were duped by the "hope and change" slogan, they really believed he would get our so called leaders to work together. But I have not once heard anyone stoop to racist name calling.
I haven't heard anyone say anything racist about Obama, but I've sure seen a lot of it here on CD, especially in the early days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Unless those posts are getting deleted by mods en masse, I haven't seen it. Care to post some examples?
My God, surely you jest? Do a search for "affirmative action president", etc. This whole furor over his birth certificate. The TP signs referring to him as a "Lying African". The cartoons of him sitting in a loin cloth in front of a cauldron with a bone in his nose. Gimme a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
A successful business executive is a better choice than a community organizer any day.
It's a whole different skill set to run a business. You answer to a board of directors. A president answers to the people. A business owner can be a dictator. A president can't.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:58 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmellc View Post
Again, the man favors affirmative action programs, and wants to outlaw all abortions.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Yeah...
I prefer the guy that was:

1. mentored by Marxist professors and militants
2. Who never managed so much as a lemonade stand in his life
3. Was a community organizer.

Yeah.

Me, too.

Lemonade stands aren't much good in readying one for managing a nation.

Gobama!

Old 05-19-2011, 10:39 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
I have always admired Mr.[citizen] Cain he has empowered himself when others feel to be entitled by the likes of Sharpton,Jackson who after all this time and the dream of long ago have kept the sheep where they want them.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:42 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Gobama!
Right back to Chicago that is!

I listened to another radio interview with the Herminator last night. He got into a little more detail about his position on the FED explaining that it needs to be reigned back in to its historically limited role rather than the broad powers it has assumed over the last 10+ years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies