Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 04:21 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,811 times

Advertisements

For those of you that missed this Most Excellent and Eye Opening dialogue on Rush's show today .. I present to you .. Walter!

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay, we have some "malcontents" on the phone, Snerdley tells me. You described them as "malcontents." All right, well, we're gonna start with one. Walter in Edgewater, New Jersey. Great to have you, sir. You're malcontent number one on the EIB Network.

CALLER: Good afternoon, Rush. Yeah, just a quick question: If President Obama if doin' such a bad job, then why are a lot of Republican candidates droppin' out or don't want to run against him? Don't they care about the country?

RUSH: Uh, the two don't necessarily go together: Obama doing a bad job and people dropping out of the Republican race. There are plenty of people still in the Republican race. The two things don't have anything to do with one another.

CALLER: Yeah, but I... (garbled)

RUSH: I'll tell you why, because no matter who drops out of the Republican race, there's still people in it, and no matter who drops out of the Republican Party, Obama is still doing a lousy job.

CALLER: Well, I don't... Well, that depends on who you ask. I think he's doing a fabulous job, and the -- and it's gonna be -- it's gonna be very, very, very hard to beat him. Why --

RUSH: Walter? Walter, I'm genuinely curious now. Tell me what you think constitutes a great job Obama is doing. What is it that he's doing that's great, fabulous? What do you like?

CALLER: That he's not doing a bad job. I've never seen a president yet -- yet -- do a good job at being president of the United States.

RUSH: Well, that's helpful.

CALLER: So I just gauge it as they're not doing a bad job.

RUSH: Interesting. All right, so you've never seen a president do a good job --

CALLER: No.

RUSH: -- but Obama's not doing a bad job?

RUSH: That's why --

CALLER: And -- and -- he's black. The reason why, really -- the reason why --

RUSH: He's fabulous because he's not doing a bad job?

CALLER: Yeah.

RUSH: Yeah. Okay. Well, that's helpful. That's really... Yeah.

CALLER: Bush... President Bush wasn't -- he wasn't a bad president, but --

RUSH: Certainly is helpful. Explains a lot of things. Is that the way you vote: There's no president that's ever done a good job, so you're looking for somebody who you don't think will do a bad job?

CALLER: Exactly, and -- and -- and President Obama has something else on the other candidates that were running when he won, for me -- and the fact that he was black, uh, helped a lot.

RUSH: Yeah. Yeah. Gee. Yeah, I knew that. I didn't want to say that, but I knew that. That's probably it. Well, what is it (sigh) that, as a black, Walter, what is it that you like? All the unemployment, black unemployment's like up in the forties, that what you like? You like the collapse of...?

CALLER: That don't concern me 'cause I work. I got a job so I'm not concerned about people that don't have a job.

RUSH: Okay, so I don't care about them. All right, fine. You don't care about anybody else.

RUSH: What about the collapse of the housing market that's been brought about? That's something else you like as an Obama supporter?

CALLER: I have a house, and it's paid for, and it's not affecting me, so I have no concern over that as well.

RUSH: Cool. All right, so you couldn't give a rat's rear end about anybody else. What about the high gasoline prices that Obama's brought about, the high price of food? I guess you make enough money that the price of gas and food doesn't matter to you, so that's also part of Obama's success story?

CALLER: Yes, and -- and -- and I'll tell you one thing else. When President Bush was president and the gas prices was $5 -- I remember that like it was yesterday -- it didn't affect me, so I wasn't mad at him for that because I figured it wasn't his fault. When President Bush was president and the gas prices was $4 and $5, I didn't blame that on him.

RUSH: This is why, ladies and gentlemen, if you're new to the program, so many of us are just literally scared to death for the future of the country. We've just... At this point I, your host, have determined that we're dealing with something here that's not salvageable. The value here is entertainment, pure and simple. But in terms of substance here, I think we've about wrung this for as much as it's worth. I want to thank out there, Walter. I was gonna ask him if he gets a discount on gas prices. Get his agent! You know, they say we stage phone calls here and we hire actors. (chuckles) Get this guy a bonus and make sure we get his agent's phone number.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 04:25 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
I'm just waiting for Rush's big head to explode.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:26 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
I caught that little bit today, was there more human debris than that later?

Old 05-24-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
His pants probably explode with money a zillion times before the head goes IMO.

Talented guy.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:28 PM

By the way, the caller so sounds like one of those elite government union employees doesn't he.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Surely you can do better than that?

I'm looking for some defense of poor Walter.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I caught that little bit today, was there more human debris than that later?
I understand that there were more but I had to turn it off after Walter .. MY head exploded

Old 05-24-2011, 04:32 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Surely you can do better than that?

I'm looking for some defense of poor Walter.
http://www.opednews.com/articles/Lim...10305-942.html

Old 05-24-2011, 04:33 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,518,975 times
My head hasn't exploded yet

Old 05-24-2011, 04:39 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Nice find meson. I always knew that right-wing talk shows hire people to call in as liberals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies