Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2011, 10:24 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,216,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Those are probably the only places anyone is taking this "gaffe" seriously. I just heard on NPR (gasp!) that the queen has a very warm relationship with the Obamas.

If you heard it on NPR, then it must be true and unbiased.

The Queen is a very gracious lady. Being gracious in public and in all circumstances is an important part of her job--possibly the most important part, regardless of what else might be going through her mind. It wouldn't do for the Queen to show any pique over this. At her age and in her role, she has learned well how to conduct herself in public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 10:28 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,080,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Remember the botched Oath of Office by Judge Roberts.......

Mr Roberts had made a clear mistake, rearranging the order of words in the phrase "... that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States".
Mr Obama spotted the blunder and waited for the judge to correct himself, which he did, putting "faithfully" in the right place but without repeating "execute".
Not sure why these things become some kind of 'gotcha" on here.
Mr. Roberts was not conducting himself in a foreign country which puts tremendous value on proper conduct and respect for tradition. Huge difference.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You mean right-wing nuts forums and break rooms. Most sane people could care less about what happened but you keep believing that the whole country is on pins and needles over this.
You very obviously have no idea what I mean.....or believe.

Those same "sane" people who "could care less" obsess over gaffes from Bush and Palin

BTW, it's "couldn't care less", not "could care less".

Old 05-25-2011, 10:29 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,656,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Only in today's very ignorant generations of Americans would we find the total ignorance of the tremendous importance of proper conduct on all occasions, especially when diplomacy is required on foreign soil and double especially in the presence of a Queen and/or top foreign leadership! If our President cannot find the time to keep his mouth shut and learn the necessary rules of conduct of office, especially in foreign countries, we need to get rid of him asap! Then we need to reinstate education in our citizens on how the importance of certain required conduct is required and if not followed how badly it reflects on the credibility of our country!
Oh, what a laugh fest!

I suppose the litmus test for someone becoming president now is how well they can regurgitate Emily Post!

How the mighty have fallen...

Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,287,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Who cares? Remember when Bush tried to give the German chancellor a backrub at the G8 Summit? Now THAT was awkward and embarrassing.
Muslims don't drink alcohol, do they?

Old 05-25-2011, 10:36 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,080,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, what a laugh fest!

I suppose the litmus test for someone becoming president now is how well they can regurgitate Emily Post!

How the mighty have fallen...
You just proved my point...ignorance of the job description. Foreign policy is a very large part of the duties of the President of the United States. Stupid manners that this President constantly shows destroys his and this country's credibility for gaining the respect needed to conduct meaningful foreign policy!

Old 05-25-2011, 10:39 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,572,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersied View Post
"OTHER" presidents, like Obama, make trips to other nations to, among other things, provide an authoritative voice in international affairs affecting the USA and world politics in general and to foster involvement in world affairs as an ambassador of the citizens of the USA and their government. (in my opinion).

However I may be wrong about Obama - "It will further secure his record as having done more foreign travel than any U.S. president to date."
Obama Heads to Asia, Breaks Foreign Travel Record - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Interesting stats. I can't imagine any other President charging the taxpayers for the sheer number of his entourage. They seem to book a staggering numbers of rooms. The palace had to be remodeled for his visit, bullet proof glass, royal staff displaced. The expense of this mans travel is enormous.
Somebody please tell him about "Go To Meeting", we can't afford another year of this!

Old 05-25-2011, 10:40 AM

536 posts, read 1,430,451 times
Did you all notice how he looked at the Queen while she spoke? Chin up, eyes narrow slits, an almost amused expression. Like an adult listening attentively to their child speaking. Everybody else looked ahead, or down at their table, President Obama decides to regard the Queen as a subordinate.

This President needs a Protocol office all to himself, teach him how to behave in the world at large.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I LAUGH at Palin's and Walker Bush's silly errors... ...but they have a history of serious gaffes....like not knowing that Africa isn't a country...lying about how a war needs to be started

BUT that isn't the topic here IS IT!

Do you HONESTLY think a toast and wearing a jacket in the Oval Office are impeachable offenses! ...THAT is obsessesion...

You didn't provide ANY proof of "large numbers" nor did you answer:

And , since no one else has the backbone to answer....how does this incident affect you? The world? The tornado destruction? The economy, (S----d)...or anything else.
Like I said.....use a little common sense. Is that too much to ask of a liberal? (Actually.....yes.)

The Left is salivating and gearing up for more ridicule to smear Sarah Palin with. See this thread

What is more amusing than even this latest Obama gaffe is how the Lefties here on CD go bf nuts when their guy "royally" screws up and gets some ridicule lobbed his way.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Mr. Roberts was not conducting himself in a foreign country which puts tremendous value on proper conduct and respect for tradition. Huge difference.
So, you're saying America doesn't care about "proper conduct and respect for tradition"?

IF that's the case, why should we give a rat's ass about a minor faux pas prompted by a band's screw up?

Why don't you haters just save all the typing and make simple posts stating "I hate Obama" ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies