Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:58 AM

39,884 posts, read 26,558,268 times

Advertisements

What Were You Thinking In 2008, When You Voted For Obama?

Turd sandwich or giant douche? (South Park reference, sorry about language)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 09:00 AM

38,034 posts, read 22,203,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
what were you thinking when you voted for Dubya? The idiot was left with a surplus and he blew that! Invaded Iraq which had nothing to do with 9/11 and killed 4500 of our troops on a bogus PNAC War run by Cheney & the Neo Cons! Dubya left President Obama with a recession and about 700,000 Unemployed before he was even sworn into office! Gasoline prices were at $4 dollars a gallon in 2008 as well and at least Obama never had ties to Oil companies unlike Dubya & Cheney!...Yes I know! The Republicans will make things all better!
Dubya was at least a twice elected governor of Texas.

I understand your deflection to Bush, since you cannot defend 0bama.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,120,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This goes out to you folks who voted for Obama in Nov. 2008, what were you thinking when you pulled that lever in the voting booth?:

• Were you thinking, “Ya know, our national debt is waaay too small, we need to add a few more trillion to it ASAP.”
  • Were you thinking, “Two wars in the Mid East is just not enough! I hope 0bama starts a third war."
  • Were you thinking, "I hope 0bama steps up the war in Afghanistan with 30,000 more soldiers and widens the war into Pakistan and increases missile attacks from Predator drones.”
  • Were you thinking, “Gee, I hope 0bama doesn’t repeal Bush’s Domestic Spying Program."
  • Were you thinking, "I hope 0bama keeps Gitmo open, and maintains rendition of suspected terrorists.”
  • Were you thinking, “I really hope 0bama increases the unemployment rate to 9% or 10%.”
  • Were you thinking, “Golly, I really hope 0bama starts printing trillions of US dollars, to monetize our national debt.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama keeps the Bush tax cuts in place.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama renews those civilian contracts for Halliburton and Blackwater.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope 0bama cuts $500,000,000,000 from Medicare.”
  • Were you thinking, “I hope prices for a gallon of gasoline soar to over $4.”
  • Were you thinking, “I really hope 0bama runs up at least 1.5 trillion dollar deficits each and every year”.
  • Were you thinking, “I really, really, hope 0bama signs legislation that makes it impossible for businesses and unions to support health care insurance for their employees or union members.”
Please think, in 2012.
I've got my head screwed on straight now, no worries here! To be honest, Obama was not liberal enough for me when I voted in the primaries, I voted for Mike Gravel. I didn't really like Obama that much but I will admit to getting caught up in making history and just voting for him in the election b/c he had a D after his name. Silly (yet typical) liberal I used to be.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,309,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
"I'm sure glad they didn't nominate Hilary..." rings a bell
Even with Hillary I would have voted for Sarah and that old white haired guy running with her.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:03 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,221,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The remote possibility that Sarah Palin would be president.

I can see the Sears tower from my house, I guess I'm qualified to manage the Sears tower.
It really gets tiresome hearing Lefties slyly attribute what Tina Fey said to Sarah Palin.

SARAH PALIN NEVER SAID SHE COULD SEE RUSSIA FROM HER BACK YARD. Tina Fey said that.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Awe, come on, all 0bama does is fear monger, or did 0bama NOT say that Ryan's budget would abandon Down syndrome children and the elderly and force them to "fend for themselves"?
That kind of talk is not fear mongering when Dems say the words. Could it be part of the media- left wing partnership that we are getting those thoughts from?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Gas prices here are over $4 a gallon here with BO's non-ties to oil companies .... are we supposed to feel better because BO doesn't have these ties?
Gasoline was at about $1.60/gal when 0bama was sworn into office. 0bama's Energy Secretary, Steven Chu, said we must find a way to increase gasoline prices in this country to match those in Eurpoe, and ever since, the price of gas has been going up. He is only doing what he said he wanted to do.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
This for me as well.

And this as well. I will vote for Obama again in 2012. I don't like any other candidates right now.

Also this is not the first time that gas has been over $4 a gallon in the past 5 years. Where I live it is not over $4 a gallon, plus the president doesn't have any control over that. I didn't blame Bush for the $5 a gallon gas back in 2005 either and he was no better than Obama so I guess all the people who voted form him were full of tumors as well.
Do you think there is need for two people who voted for Obama to be the manager of the Sears Tower? I doubt it but who knows what may come from an Obama voter.

In case you didn't know, by election time the price of gasoline was on a sharp drop because Bush overturned a rule of his father that had to do with drilling in the Gulf. Maybe Obama could do nothing but sit back and all the court ruling he has avoided up to now to allow drilling there take effect. He has broken the law so far concerning that little problem.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Like Fox endorsing and making Huckabee, Pawlenty, and Cain popular choices and now Huntsmen and mentioning Peter King now, come on
Is Fox the media? I keep seeing just the opposite from left handed people on CD.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It really gets tiresome hearing Lefties slyly attribute what Tina Fey said to Sarah Palin.

SARAH PALIN NEVER SAID SHE COULD SEE RUSSIA FROM HER BACK YARD. Tina Fey said that.
You are talking about people who voted for 0bama, do you really think paying attention, and looking at the facts is actually a part of their character?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies