Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 06:34 PM

19 posts, read 23,973 times

Advertisements

A new law was passed in the District of Columbia, making it illegal to dance at the Jefferson Memorial. Which is extremely ironic, since Jefferson was one of the largest supporters of free speech. So some civilians decided to be civilly disobedient, in hoping to change the law. The police then used excessive force to strike down the dancers.

YouTube - ‪RT's Adam vs the man host Adam Kokesh arrested‬‏

This is why they were dancing:

YouTube - ‪DANCE PARTY at TJ's Place!!! (this Saturday, 5/28)‬‏

Fox News:

YouTube - ‪Fox News - Five People Arrested for Dancing‬‏
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 06:52 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,129,287 times
Wow.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:58 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,987,581 times
Bit by bit they are taking free speech rights away. And nobody cares but liberals and a handful of Ron Paul Libertarian types.

Old 05-29-2011, 06:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Is dancing in a public place a threat to national security now ?

As the libs would say.."If you're not dancing at the Jefferson Memorial then you have nothing to fear."

Old 05-29-2011, 07:02 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,360,180 times
Obvious set up, they were there to cause trouble, they were warned then proceeded to make fools of themselves, they got arrested for being stupid, just like a few of them were wearing shirts that said disobay, thats what they did, they are not innocent victims. They got exactly what they wanted a youtube video.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Obvious set up, they were there to cause trouble, they were warned then proceeded to make fools of themselves, they got arrested for being stupid, just like a few of them were wearing shirts that said disobay, thats what they did, they are not innocent victims.
Ah! Good point.

They were there to "disobey" and not "obey" the Government by dancing.

If you don't "obey" then you deserve what you get. and you're not innocent.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Ah! Good point.

They were there to "disobey" and not "obey" the Government by dancing.

If you don't "obey" then you deserve what you get. and you're not innocent.
They were there to protest and it was against the law, they knew it, they got arrested on video just as they planned, stupid as hell.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
They were there to protest and it was against the law, they knew it, they got arrested on video just as they planned, stupid as hell.
If they were there to protest anything it was that their free speech was being violated.

This is actually a great example of the "real" Tea Party mentality.

Here is you

http://www.city-data.com/forum/8356072-post15.html

Complaining on other threads about "over sized government"

Now taking the side those who would restrict civil liberties.

I talk all the time about how the Tea Party has nothing whatsoever to do with freedom or liberty.

Thanks for making my case.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
If they were there to protest anything it was that their free speech was being violated.

This is actually a great example of the "real" Tea Party mentality.

Here is you

http://www.city-data.com/forum/8356072-post15.html

Complaining on other threads about "over sized government"

Now taking the side those who would restrict civil liberties.

I talk all the time about how the Tea Party has nothing whatsoever to do with freedom or liberty.

Thanks for making my case.
They knew the law, they were warned they broke the law they were arrested.
Thats what they were there for, to get arrested. They got to spend a weekend in jail and probably paid a fine but they got the video they wanted it was a win win situation, they are not victims, you miss the whole purpose of it LOL.
The tea party has nothing to do with it, yes I went to one two years ago LOL to see what it was like big deal, nice you stalk my posts I feel admired.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
They knew the law, they were warned they broke the law they were arrested.
Thats what they were there for, to get arrested. They got to spend a weekend in jail and probably paid a fine but they got the video they wanted it was a win win situation, they are not victims, you miss the whole purpose of it LOL.
The tea party has nothing to do with it, yes I went to one to see what it was like big deal, nice you stalk my posts I feel admired.
No it went over your head.

Nobody here is saying that the police arrested them wrongly.

We are arguing that the law is wrong, and unconstitutional.

You, being a fake libertarian have this knee jerk reaction to siding with authority over free speech you don't agree with.

Now if this were your fellow white elderly conservatives being tackled to the ground at a Tea Party event for some minor civil disobedience...you'd be all over that.

It's not about principle with you.....it's who you sympathize with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies