Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2011, 02:01 PM

624 posts, read 1,121,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_s View Post
After you analyzed the facts? Right. Because people are always their most rational at age 10.

What a crock.
Of course... you have to see if the girl looks good... is she better looking that what girlfriends your friends have? Does she come from a rich family or is she poor with some uneducated parents? Where does she live? is it close to you? What friends does she have? Do you like them? Would it be costly to have her as a girlfriend? You think about these things at 10 as you think at 30.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 02:02 PM
k_s

405 posts, read 896,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkDrinker View Post
We, the humans, live in communities. We're influenced by the ones the surround us. I never seen a homosexual until I left Europe. I wasn't brainwashed into believing that homosexuality is normal as you guys are in the US.
So... I was a kid and I've seen that some of my friends meet girls... and I decided that I have to do the same... and yes... I made a pro and a con list. There were more advantages than disadvantages and I chose to do it.
If I was like you... growing up in US and brainwashed into believing that you can be either a homosexual or a normal person and that's fine I probably thought more if I will become a homosexual or a normal person.
LOL @ 'the humans'

You may not have met an OUT homosexual, but there's a good chance that you did, in fact, come in contact with homosexuals.

If you want to insult everyone's intelligence by claiming to have had a community summit and pro/con list prior to "picking" your sexuality, then you're the one who's teetering the line between 'normal' and 'not the humans'

Old 06-04-2011, 02:04 PM
k_s

Quote:
Of course... you have to see if the girl looks good... is she better looking that what girlfriends your friends have? Does she come from a rich family or is she poor with some uneducated parents? Where does she live? is it close to you? What friends does she have? Do you like them? Would it be costly to have her as a girlfriend? You think about these things at 10 as you think at 30.
THIS was the checklist you used at age 10?

1. Is she pretty?
2. Is she rich?
3. Is she close?

That is what compelled you to "choose" heterosexuality?

LOL. Jokes that write themselves, I suppose...

Old 06-04-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
What????? Homosexuality is much, much, much, much more accepted and normalized in Europe than in the US.
Yeah sure... please visit Vienna and tell me how many homosexuals do you see? I know... not too many and if you'll see some they're certainly foreigners. And now they are more than when I grew up ... and I didn't grew up in Vienna... I moved there when I was already a teenager.
Go to Zug in Switzerland and tell me how many homosexuals did you meet? Yeah... I know... none. Go to Brasov in Romania and try to do the same thing... sorry... you'll have no luck in finding homosexual there.
Yes... they exist... they have some homosexual bars but they're usually hidden in there.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:09 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,501,315 times
Quote:
What child thinks about dating at 10?

When I was 10, I sure as hell wasn't. When I was 10, I was too busy playing with Gameboy, toys and watching Spongebob to worry about dating.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:13 PM

Quote:
THIS was the checklist you used at age 10?

1. Is she pretty?
2. Is she rich?
3. Is she close?

That is what compelled you to "choose" heterosexuality?

LOL. Jokes that write themselves, I suppose...
That was the list to see if that girl will be likable. If she didn't met those criteria that there was no decision. Anyway the things worked pretty well with that girl... we were together until I left to high school. Unfourtuntely now she's engadget to a guy richer than me (if I can call mysel rich because unfortunately I'm not... but in the 5th grade my family was doing quite good... her family was one of the richest in the city but we didn't think too much about it although she asked me when we talked again in my junior year if I dated her for money which is absurd because I couldn't do anything to get her family's money at that age)). She looks as good now as she did back then... I still have feelings for her but no money to much her expectations.
So yeah... those were the criteria to decide if she's good for me back then. So if I decided to like her and she's a girl... that makes me a normal person?

Old 06-04-2011, 02:14 PM
k_s

Quote:
That was the list to see if that girl will be likable. If she didn't met those criteria that there was no decision. Anyway the things worked pretty well with that girl... we were together until I left to high school. Unfourtuntely now she's engadget to a guy richer than me (if I can call mysel rich because unfortunately I'm not... but in the 5th grade my family was doing quite good... her family was one of the richest in the city but we didn't think too much about it although she asked me when we talked again in my junior year if I dated her for money which is absurd because I couldn't do anything to get her family's money at that age)). She looks as good now as she did back then... I still have feelings for her but no money to much her expectations.
So yeah... those were the criteria to decide if she's good for me back then. So if I decided to like her and she's a girl... that makes me a normal person?
So if she was ugly, poor, and lived too far away, you'd be a homosexual?

Old 06-04-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
What child thinks about dating at 10?

When I was 10, I sure as hell wasn't. When I was 10, I was too busy playing with Gameboy, toys and watching Spongebob to worry about dating.
What we called a girlfriend back then didn't meant too much... we just spent some time together and that was all. I kissed her just 1 year later.
Also... in the 5th grade we were 11 there... we start 1st grade at 7 years because there is one pre-school year in kindergraten when we do what you guys do in the 1st grade.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
So if she was ugly, poor, and lived too far away, you'd be a homosexual?
If I didn't had other choices... yeah... probably. Well... as I said... homosexuality wasn't an option where I lived... I didn't knew anybody being homosexual. If I knew... and If it was considered normal... homosexuality would probably be an option.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:21 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
Do not claim that some straight couples do not reproduce also.
That's an exception.
Double Standard alert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies