Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 06:43 PM

678 posts, read 1,205,145 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking of this for a long time. I can't see why aren't we on G-8 already. Our efforts to make Brazil a better place have taken us this far. We left Italy behind, and our income is increasing as same percentage levels as richest countries. I know we do have lots of standing problems, but I think G-8 should move its seats and offer at least 2 of them to China and Brazil, who are helping to get World's economy back on their feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 06:59 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardobrazil View Post
I've been thinking of this for a long time. I can't see why aren't we on G-8 already. Our efforts to make Brazil a better place have taken us this far. We left Italy behind, and our income is increasing as same percentage levels as richest countries. I know we do have lots of standing problems, but I think G-8 should move its seats and offer at least 2 of them to China and Brazil, who are helping to get World's economy back on their feet.
You are so right! How does italy hang on to that seat? It is said that the state of Calif alone is the 8th largest economy in the world. It used to be called 5th or 6th. I think that the G-8 is a Europe only club plus the US & Canada.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:06 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,299,972 times
Quote:
I totally agree with you.

Brazil is an emerging economic powerhouse. It will also help to bring the perspective of a Latin American country to the G-8.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:48 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Makes sense to me. But italy's not going to go without a fight..

Old 06-02-2011, 07:48 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,317,131 times
Primarially because Brazil's median income is only around $8000. Even its per capita income is only $10,000 and per capita is a far worse measurement then median income.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:54 PM

678 posts, read 1,205,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Primarially because Brazil's median income is only around $8000. Even its per capita income is only $10,000 and per capita is a far worse measurement then median income.
That's due to our population number: 190 millions. Italy hasn't even half of that.

But if you count on such things as: Industry development; funding reserves; economy's reliability; foreign debts, you'll see we're playing a good role on World's view. Our GNP has increased amazing 7.5% last year as Italy's came to only 1.2%. It seemed to be a result of last crisis, all richest nations are taking more time to get back on way than emerging countries do.

The greater you are, the greater's your fall.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:05 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Yes Italy may need to come out but I think the fact that Brazil has one the biggest gaps in wealth inequality hurts it's case for admission.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gini_since_WWII.svg

Old 06-04-2011, 09:55 AM

143 posts, read 319,832 times
In due time. Just like Brazil is hosting the World Cup and the Olympics. In due time.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:08 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,739 times
I think the G8 isn't very representative anymore and will soon be discarded off. The G20 will become the main forum sooner than later. Well, it allready is, as a matter of fact.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:36 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,515,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
I think the G8 isn't very representative anymore and will soon be discarded off. The G20 will become the main forum sooner than later. Well, it allready is, as a matter of fact.
I pretty much agree with this...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies