Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Conservatives: If Forced To Choose, Would You Live in San Fransisco or Dearborn?
Dearborn 17 27.42%
San Fransisco 45 72.58%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 12:41 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times

Advertisements

I mean this to be a bit funny, but it also touches on some liberal/conservative issues. I constantly see conservative posters on here attacking both San Fransisco and Dearborn, albeit for very different reasons.

So here's my question to conservatives: Which is the lesser of two evils? If you had to move to the stereotyped version of one or the other, which would it be? Who would you rather have as your neighbors: Godless gender and sexual misfits, or freedom-hating Muslim shariasts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 12:52 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I mean this to be a bit funny, but it also touches on some liberal/conservative issues. I constantly see conservative posters on here attacking both San Fransisco and Dearborn, albeit for very different reasons.

So here's my question to conservatives: Which is the lesser of two evils? If you had to move to the stereotyped version of one or the other, which would it be? Who would you rather have as your neighbors: Godless gender and sexual misfits, or freedom-hating Muslim shariasts?

I live within ten miles of East Dearborn now so it's a no-brainer.

Keep in mind, it's not Dearborn. It's East Dearborn.

West Dearborn is still largely whitebread America with a few blacks here and there for good measure.

It's only when you get east of the Southfield that the demographics change.

Last edited by momonkey; 06-04-2011 at 01:11 AM..

Old 06-04-2011, 12:54 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I live within ten miles of East Dearborn now so it's a no-brainer.

Keep in mind, it's not Dearborn. It's East Dearborn.
So you prefer freedom-hating Muslim shariasts to godless gender and sexual misfits?

Old 06-04-2011, 02:20 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Frisco.

No way I ever want to endure any more midwestern winters.

But then again... I can't stand earthquakes.

Good question... I have to decide which is worse - freezing my tuchus off or those unpredictable California wake-up calls.

I would probably prefer to live among the rainbow flag flyers ...rather than with the hijab wearers.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 06-04-2011 at 02:32 AM..

Old 06-04-2011, 02:26 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post

Given that hatred of homosexuals combined with a general hypocritical disdain for sexual freedoms is one of the reasons why I hate jihadis and critical of Islam is general, I'd pick San Francisco in a heartbeat.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:31 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Frisco.

No way I ever want to endure any more midwestern winters.

But then again... I can't stand earthquakes.

Good question... I have to decide which is worse - freezing my tuchus off or those unpredictable California wake-up calls.
Think of it this way... we experience MAYBE one "noticeable" earthquake annually, if that. How often does the Midwest experience harsh winters? Hmmmmm.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:32 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
P.S. You misspelled our city name, hammertime... it's San Francisco. And of course I didn't vote in the poll, given that I'm a liberal who already lives in the Bay Area - definitely not your intended audience, LOL. Interesting question, though!

Old 06-04-2011, 07:25 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
I'd vote San Francisco. However, if SF were replaced with Berkeley then I'd struggle to decide between Dearbornistan and a city that actively opposes our nation and it's military.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:33 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,934 times
San Francisco. I already live amongst crackpot liberals and have learned how to deal with them just fine. The weather would be the biggest factor for me.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:58 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
At least San Francisco has the ocean breeze to carry the stench away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies