Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Actually it's only an issue to people who think about little boy's penises in my 53 years of life I've never heard one person talk or care about the subject.
True. Interesting that this obsession is taking place in San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 07:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Are you suggesting that parent's have no right to make THAT decision? I can find a whole city of conservatives that think that no women should have the right to kill an unborn baby... where do you draw the line between killing an otherwise healthy fetus and cutting off a REDUNDANT piece of tissue... when a child is old enough to make those decisions for themselves, that's when it ends...
True. Liberals think the parents can have the whole baby destroyed. Even to the point of birth and then destroy the baby's brain by having it removed from it's skull to kill it.

Many liberals argue in favor of infanticide now if the baby isn't perfect in their eyes.

The decision to circumcize or not should be left up to the parents. It's a time-honored tradition and in the age of HIV may become more-so because in African nations there undeniable evidence that circumcized men are less often HIV positive.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:56 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,872,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Circumcision outside of the us and obviously Israel is way in the minority. Removal of the foreskin is like removing a girls clitoris, which is illegal. Removes the most sensitive part.

I myself am uncut. And no woman has ever seen my penis unerect anyway.
Actually circumcision is the norm in Muslim countries as well. Also in a few non-Muslim African countries too.

And male and female circumcision are very different. Most circumcised men couldn't give a f--k, while "circumcised" women generally do.

Also, considering that men who have been circumcised later in life due to religious, medical, or cosmetic reasons say that sex isn't really any better or worse; I have a hard time getting worked up over it.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:58 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,872,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
No, it's equivalent to the clitoris. A woman can urinate, ovulate, have sex and get pregnant give birth without her clitoris.

It's all for sexual pleasure due to the abundance of nerves. Same with the fore skin of a mans penis. Full of nerves.

And a man can urinate, have sex, ejaculate, and get a woman pregnant without a foreskin.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:52 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Regardless of any arguments speaking for or against it, nobody should take that permanent decision like that for others. Let men decide for themselves if they want that or not once they are adults...
I find it odd that in a country where they claim they treasure the individual and their rights, some people want to treat children as possessions of their parents.

I'm complete the way it should be by nature.

Last edited by Neuling; 06-05-2011 at 10:55 AM..

Old 06-05-2011, 09:58 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,358,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. Interesting that this obsession is taking place in San Francisco.
Yes it is.

Old 06-05-2011, 09:59 AM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You have to see it to believe it. MGMbill.org is the California based group, that, in their words, is working to enact legislation to that would protect boys from forced circumcision.

They've created a comic book, with the hero Foreskin Man, who fights an evil, bloodthirsty rabbi who wants to circumcise boys.

Here - ForeskinMan.com
This foeskin man sounds like the penis nazi.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:48 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
I thank my parents that they had me circumcised.
People talk about the inhumane pain it causes a baby, can ANY man that was circumcised at birth say they remember the procedure or any pain associated with it. Makes it much easier to keep clean, and reduces the risk of certain cancers.

BTW, the guy publishing this "comic" is a racist piece of crap.

Happy I don't look like I'm dragging an elephant's nose around.
I went to a bris(????...not sure how it's spelled....a Jewish circumcision ceremony)....I expected the infant would cry while it was being. The actual circumsion took a matter of second and the infant didn't make a peep until the entire ceremony was over (20 minutes later) and he was getting picked up and put back into his mother's arms. The only thing the Rabbi did that could be considered something for pain, was to rub a drop of wine on the infants lips but, that's just a part of the ceremony. It was no big deal at all. You can't compare it to a female circumsion...it's my understanding that it's prevents a woman from being able to orgasm because the clitoris has been changed/removed.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:40 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
You have to see it to believe it. MGMbill.org is the California based group, that, in their words, is working to enact legislation to that would protect boys from forced circumcision.

They've created a comic book, with the hero Foreskin Man, who fights an evil, bloodthirsty rabbi who wants to circumcise boys.

Here - ForeskinMan.com

The "comic book" is stupid and ignorant.

Circumcision should be a choice, not mandatory.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:42 AM

1,167 posts, read 2,171,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
I went to a bris(????...not sure how it's spelled....a Jewish circumcision ceremony)....I expected the infant would cry while it was being. The actual circumsion took a matter of second and the infant didn't make a peep until the entire ceremony was over (20 minutes later) and he was getting picked up and put back into his mother's arms. The only thing the Rabbi did that could be considered something for pain, was to rub a drop of wine on the infants lips but, that's just a part of the ceremony. It was no big deal at all. You can't compare it to a female circumsion...it's my understanding that it's prevents a woman from being able to orgasm because the clitoris has been changed/removed.

Your understanding is wrong then. Prevents? Makes more difficult? Definitely. Not saying that circumcision makes it difficult for men to orgasm, just that cutting off a piece of the genetalia like it's some kind of defect or because it means a guy doesn't have to wash his junk as often is retarded, especially since there is a loss of sensation because the foreskin foes have nerves and is pretty much like having ribbed condom on in practice for the woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies