Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,818,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I keep wondering why all we discuss in that proposed budget from Ryan is Medicare. I don't remember that being the main thing when discussing Obamacare and it was totally medical in nature. I keep wondering if there is anything in the budget that Dems skipped over for 2 years other than all the pain in Medicare.
This thread is about Medicare. If you want to discuss changes under Affordable Care Act, feel free to do so and respond to the post that question your rhetoric. Likewise, be open to discuss the big republican plan as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 10:50 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Should the Repubs get their way and change Medicare to the Voucher system and then people that cannot afford the cash difference. What are they supposed to do? How will they get health care. The Repubs say this will work but don't we need to see some proof?
Does the burden of proof lay on only one side of the aisle? Where was your concern for Medicare when Obama raided it for half a $Trillion to underwrite the start-up costs for Obamacare? We had proof that Obamacare would not work based on the NHS in Britain. Yet, the Medicare till was raided anyway.

We know with certainty that doing nothing will break Medicare in 12 years or less and there will be nothing for anyone. The Ryan plan keeps Medicare for going bankrupt for those who are currently 54 or older and they will continue to recieve benefits. Vouchers only apply to those coming up in the system who are younger than 54 today. Get it?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:53 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Does the burden of proof lay on only one side of the aisle? Where was your concern for Medicare when Obama raided it for half a $Trillion to underwrite the start-up costs for Obamacare? We had proof that Obamacare would not work based on the NHS in Britain. Yet, the Medicare till was raided anyway.

We know with certainty that doing nothing will break Medicare in 12 years or less and there will be nothing for anyone. The Ryan plan keeps Medicare for going bankrupt for those who are currently 54 or older and they will continue to recieve benefits. Vouchers only apply to those coming up in the system who are younger than 54 today. Get it?
Medicare was not cut under Obama's health care plane. Medicare Advantage was cut...but that was a bad deal for the patient and the tax payer. So good riddance.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:54 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:

Without some radical changes to health care, al la the Affordable Care Act, a $15k voucher will not be enough to provide adequate medical benefits for most future senior citizens.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:

My concern has been where it has always been. YOU offer no answers you just ***** about the Dems. You still have not answered where those getting vouchers will be able to come up with the difference.What will they do when they cannot afford the payments? No where have i ever said that we should do nothing. We all can understand that something must be done . No sense in starting something that is doomed to fail. I am trying to discuss this in an intelligent way and we don't need your denigrating comments now do we to have a rational discussion do we? Will you answer my question?

Old 06-07-2011, 11:08 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Quote:
My concern has been where it has always been. YOU offer no answers you just ***** about the Dems. You still have not answered where those getting vouchers will be able to come up with the difference.What will they do when they cannot afford the payments? No where have i ever said that we should do nothing. We all can understand that something must be done . No sense in starting something that is doomed to fail. I am trying to discuss this in an intelligent way and we don't need your denigrating comments now do we to have a rational discussion do we? Will you answer my question?
You are asking for a rational answer from the right wing extremists on CD. I believe you are asking for way too much.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
You are asking for a rational answer from the right wing extremists on CD. I believe you are asking for way too much.
Kinda thought that myself but had to try anyway.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The wealthier conservatives do not need either government or private insurance. They have enough money to pay all of their medical costs without disturbing their family's fortune. The lesser wealthy can easily pick up a $100k surgery with catastrophic care insurance. The result is they can pay for their own care.

The real problem is these two groups comprise less than 5% of the US households. Our medical system, from schools to undertakers, could not survive providing care to only this 5%.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
They are not?

Old 06-07-2011, 11:30 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
Quote:
Should the Repubs get their way and change Medicare to the Voucher system and then people that cannot afford the cash difference. What are they supposed to do? How will they get health care. The Repubs say this will work but don't we need to see some proof?
screw the voucher garbage

cut medicare for those under age 50 NOW

allow those over 50 to continue in the system for the next 30+ years untill that generation is gone

enough with the entitlement society

I thought liberals followed Darwins theory of evolution..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies