Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Among all Americans, Obama and Romney are tied at 47 percent each. Among registered voters, Romney is ahead 49 percent to 46 percent.

It may or may not be Mitt but 1/20/13 = buh bye Barry and it can't come soon enough.

Disapproval of Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 10:45 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Not a chance. Once fox news and the other candidates let the Romneycare hate machine fire up and the evangelicals pull out the pitchforks and torches over his mormonism, his ratings will plunge.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Why cherry pick with "approval of economic record" stat?

"Overall approval" is the standard....And that's as high as it was two years ago.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Old 06-07-2011, 11:11 AM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
Here's the problem. Not all of the people who disapprove of Obama's economic policies disapprove because they are too liberal. A good amount of people, maybe not the majority, think his economic policies aren't liberal enough and will definitely not translate into votes for Romney.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:14 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Here's the problem. Not all of the people who disapprove of Obama's economic policies disapprove because they are too liberal. A good amount of people, maybe not the majority, think his economic policies aren't liberal enough and will definitely not translate into votes for Romney.
Exactly. That's a big misconception here. Happens all the time....Some stat talks about "not agreeing"...and that automatically means therefore "they agree with my side"..lol

Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It may or may not be Mitt but 1/20/13 = buh bye Barry and it can't come soon enough.

Disapproval of Obama
Mitt would be the same thing as Obama. If you vote for him, you're not voting for anyone different than who is already in office.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:38 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
I know one thing. This was news.
Money market fund breaks the buck, freezes redemptions FundWatch - MarketWatch

And since Obama came on board, I haven't read about it happening again.

However, they are looking to "fix" the problem and may just end up making it worse. It's still under debate.

http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20110516/FREE/110519946

Old 06-07-2011, 11:48 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,255,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
Can you please cite a recent study/poll/survey that shows that a "good amount of people" wish that the US economic policy was more "liberal" (whatever that would mean... I am not exactly sure). Because I am sure I have seen polls that state that Americans have a significant concern about the national debt and deficit (not the most pressing item, but it ranks up there below jobs). Certainly more government spending (which is what I assume is considered "liberal") would not alleviate into those concerns.

Old 06-07-2011, 11:54 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Why cherry pick with "approval of economic record" stat?

"Overall approval" is the standard....And that's as high as it was two years ago.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval
Because it MATTERS! He is responsible for what is happening in this country and he Has NOT done what he said he was going to do as far as the economy goes! He has SPENT like he said he was going to do and that is about all. Healthcare will be repealed because it is NOT a good thing for our country otherwise he would not be giving out WAIVERS left and right!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:09 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,262,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Can you please cite a recent study/poll/survey that shows that a "good amount of people" wish that the US economic policy was more "liberal" (whatever that would mean... I am not exactly sure). Because I am sure I have seen polls that state that Americans have a significant concern about the national debt and deficit (not the most pressing item, but it ranks up there below jobs). Certainly more government spending (which is what I assume is considered "liberal") would not alleviate into those concerns.
Summary of various polls here: Poll: Voters deficit-worried but wary of cuts - Politics - msnbc.com

Vast majority of people (81% i believe) want to raise taxes on the rich
Majority of people do not like Ryan's medicare plan, in fact the majority do not want any medicare cuts
Majority of people want to drastically cut military spending

I can go on and on but there are a lot of liberal positions related to the economic that Obama has not done that liberals support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies