Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2011, 12:20 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I've known several women who said they never wanted kids, but accidentally got pregnant and changed their minds. What do you suggest men do in those instances?

I've known several women who were with men who said they didn't want children, but they decided they could change them and even tampered with the condoms to increase the chance of getting pregnant.

The same men who have unprotected sex now, would have it whether CS laws were in place or not. This discussion is not about them. It's about cases where contraception failed. Men should have options if they tried to avoid a pregnancy and it failed.

Have a good night.
I suggest that men accept that life is complicated. I suggest that men act like women and accept that birth control can fail and babies result. I suggest that we not stand there and let men simply walk away from their financial obligations to their own children. I suggest that society not condone such behavior by allowing men to get away with it.

That's what I suggest. To suggest otherwise is to punish children because some men wish to pretend that they can get abortions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,870,931 times
Quote:
Children go hungry today.

Now......... I'm going to bed.
So your solution is to let even more go hungry with society's official seal of approval?

Ew.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:26 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
So your solution is to let even more go hungry with society's official seal of approval?

Ew.
OK..I can admit flaws in my plan. Food benefits will be allowed...to be used at food pantries only.

OK, so kids are fed. But NO actual money for the Mom. Now that the "but the kids will go hungry" position has been addressed, I really don't see why women are allowed to sit at home and let the govt take care of them while men are threatened with jail if they don't make their payment.

OK...now I'm really going to bed.

Old 06-14-2011, 12:29 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
[quote]
Quote:
Why are there these wild summations that if men are allowed to terminate their parental rights within a certain time frame, that they will go wild and start shooting their seed all over town? The same guys that are deadbeats now would be deadbeats then.

Re: no support to single mothers. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, only seriously deranged women would choose to have a child when they have no means of support. This is not some third-world country..there are BC options. And if pregnancy occurs and you can't support the child, abort. Most women raising children with CS are living in poverty...how exactly are their conditions improved?

I grew up in the projects. Almost all of the single mothers were living off of the system looking for the next "baby daddy" to take care of them. There was ZERO incentive to get a job and better the lives of themselves and their children. If you take away the crutch, perhaps they will learn to walk.

Perhaps I should clarify that I am following the OP's stance as it pertains to failed contraceptive use. If a man doesn't use protection during sex, that is a totally different ballgame. But for the men who do and it fails, they should have options. The use of contraception is an indication that during that interlude, they did not desire to father a child.[/quote]
OK.....in the real world......how do we enforce this?

The man who wants out will say he used a condom.

The woman who wants the man to pay child support will say he DIDN'T use a condom.

Now what?

Old 06-14-2011, 12:38 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Funny how women find all kind of common sense and use the "it's MY body" excuse after the fact.

Protect yourself. Take responsibility. Own your damn choices. BEFORE you get knocked up and stop handing out excuses AFTER you pee on the stick and come up all sorts of pregnant.

Birth control failed....isn't that the standard excuse? Sure is.

Someone needs to tell the companies that make and sell birth control that their "if taken/used correctly" methods aren't working.

Vasectomy as a form of birth control for whom? A 20-something? The successful reversal rate of a vasectomy is good, but if you're not going to buy condoms and USE them...the easy way... are you going to get a vasectomy? You'd be hard pressed to find a urologist who will give a vasectomy to a 20 something year old boy. Especially one who has no children. Ethics and such.

If you feel that strongly about protecting your body from an unwanted pregnancy there is more than one way to go about it BEFORE you end up pregnant.

Take your pill. Daily.

Use a condom - not so hard to say "no condom, no sex" and negate the "but you're on birth control" with "let's double up and be extra sure".

Get your shot when you're supposed to, and use a condom.

Get your tubes tied if you've had all the babies you want to have, and use a condom.

Use a condom.

When a condom breaks (spare me the "didn't know it broke" BS. You KNOW) pull out another condom.

When that IUD falls out or has run it's course, don't have sex without a condom. And don't ever have sex without using a condom to begin with.

What is so damn hard, for so many women, to UNDERSTAND that they have control over THEIR BODY before they get pregnant?

The ability to have an abortion is some sort of empowerment? That's pathetic. Not only are you sucking/scraping out a potential life/human being...you're doing it in the name of "owning" your body? Where were you when you were having sex and NOT owning/protecting your body FROM getting pregnant? Feeling "good"for a little while trumps common sense?

Women are so evolved and run major corporations, but can't control what they do with their bodies (without some lame excuse) in the name of "passion" or "ooops" until after they end up pregnant?

Pathetic.

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-14-2011 at 12:54 AM..

Old 06-14-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
He doesn't get pregnant and she does. I'd personally be more than willing to trade years of painful menstrual cramps and the agonies of pregnancy but biology does not allow me that privilege.
I'll say. I always had horribly painful and long menstrual periods. I even asked more than one doctor to just take it all out......and was turned down.

It has been called "The Curse" for GOOD reason.

One of the best things that has ever happened to me in my whole life is menopause. Even though I also have had bad hot flashes going on 7 years now.....I would NEVER go back..... not even to be young again.....just not worth it to me.

If there was such a thing as reincarnation......I would choose to be a man next time.....their lives are soooo much easier than ours.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Funny how women find all kind of common sense and use the "it's MY body" excuse after the fact.

Protect yourself. Take responsibility. Own your damn choices. BEFORE you get knocked up and stop handing out excuses AFTER you pee on the stick and come up all sorts of pregnant.

Birth control failed....isn't that the standard excuse? Sure is.

Someone needs to tell the companies that make and sell birth control that their "if taken/used correctly" methods aren't working.

Vasectomy as a form of birth control for whom? A 20-something? The successful reversal rate of a vasectomy is good, but if you're not going to buy condoms and USE them...the easy way... are you going to get a vasectomy? You'd be hard pressed to find a urologist who will give a vasectomy to a 20 something year old boy. Especially one who has no children. Ethics and such.

If you feel that strongly about protecting your body from an unwanted pregnancy there is more than one way to go about it BEFORE you end up pregnant.

Take your pill. Daily.

Use a condom - not so hard to say "no condom, no sex" and negate the "but you're on birth control" with "let's double up and be extra sure".

Get your shot when you're supposed to, and use a condom.

Get your tubes tied if you've had all the babies you want to have, and use a condom.

Use a condom.

When a condom breaks (spare me the "didn't know it broke" BS. You KNOW) get another condom.

When that IUD falls out or has run it's course, don't have sex without a condom. And don't ever have sex without using a condom to begin with.

What is so damn hard, for so many women, to UNDERSTAND that they have control over THEIR BODY before they get pregnant?

The ability to have an abortion is some sort of empowerment? That's pathetic. Not only are you sucking/scraping out a potential life/human being...you're doing it in the name of "owning" your body? Where were you when you were having sex and NOT owning/protecting your body FROM getting pregnant? Feeling "good"for a little while trumps common sense?

Women are so evolved and run major corporations, but can't control what they do with their bodies (without some lame excuse) in the name of "passion" or "ooops" until after they end up pregnant?

Pathetic.
Ummm....what about all of the married men who are so evolved and hold high political office or run mega churches....why can't they control what they do with their bodies.......until after they get caught.....and then run to REHAB so they can be forgiven?

Shouldn't women be allowed to have a few "ooopsies"......and then go to rehab for forgivness?

Wanna hear a "lame excuse"? "I am addicted to sex, it's not my fault, I need rehab." Now.....THAT is pathetic.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:31 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ummm....what about all of the married men who are so evolved and hold high political office or run mega churches....why can't they control what they do with their bodies.......until after they get caught.....and then run to REHAB so they can be forgiven?

Shouldn't women be allowed to have a few "ooopsies"......and then go to rehab for forgivness?

Wanna hear a "lame excuse"? "I am addicted to sex, it's not my fault, I need rehab." Now.....THAT is pathetic.
And this has what to do, exactly, with women taking control of their bodies before they get pregnant with an unwanted pregnancy?

Old 06-14-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
And this has what to do, exactly, with women taking control of their bodies before they get pregnant with an unwanted pregnancy?
It has to do with controlling what you do with your body sexually, same thing in my book.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:18 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Why are there these wild summations that if men are allowed to terminate their parental rights within a certain time frame, that they will go wild and start shooting their seed all over town? The same guys that are deadbeats now would be deadbeats then.

Could be all the baby daddies already out there not paying CS. Many cases of these irresponsible men have children with multiple women, even up to 20 different women.

"Desmond Hachett is only 29, but he told WVLT, a Knoxville, Tenn., CBS affiliate, that he's impregnated at least 11 women. Twice he's fathered four children in the same year, he said.

Hachett's story came to light when his name appeared 11 times on the docket of Knox County Juvenile Child Support Court. The cases represent 15 of his kids.

Hatchett is supposed to pay between $25 and $309 a month to each mother. But the state can only garnish 50 percent of his wages, to split among all the moms, and he only makes minimum wage. Some of the mothers get as little as $1.98."

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies