Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 09:14 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,692,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
So we're supposed to check out the racial make up before we move to a place? I don't think so. We live where we want to live, or in many cases where we can afford. We don't live where you think we should live
Well, some of us have to do that, but not for the reasons most are discussing in this thread.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:19 AM

1,013 posts, read 911,897 times
easy answer

because they are hypocrites

but to be honest:
that's for pure liberals
if they are more in the middle they are less hypocritical.
both sides are this way

Old 02-03-2015, 10:37 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,468,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
easy answer

because they are hypocrites

but to be honest:
that's for pure liberals
if they are more in the middle they are less hypocritical.
both sides are this way

Yours would be the best answer here, Hypocrites would be a complete understatement. So easy for these people to just Preach Preach Preach to others. But rarely live by the words they preach to others.

They are good for that! real good, and we all friggin know it.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:44 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
So we're supposed to check out the racial make up before we move to a place? I don't think so. We live where we want to live, or in many cases where we can afford. We don't live where you think we should live
But shouldn't people who value diversity take a neighborhood's racial makeup into account, and move to the most diverse area that they can find?

Old 02-03-2015, 11:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,582,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
In reality, I have seen many of your posts. So, in reality, your words mean nothing. You are, indeed, intolerant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
<sarcasm on> Another broad-minded tolerant liberal talking again, I see......<sarcasm off>
I'm pleased it bothers you both so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Conservatives want to empower blacks, not disempower them by gentrifying their neighborhoods and making life too expensive for them.
How so?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
But shouldn't people who value diversity take a neighborhood's racial makeup into account, and move to the most diverse area that they can find?
Wouldn't you take into account SAFETY of a neighborhood? See, this harkens back to my very simple question I posed to you that you refused to answer. Now, would you rather live in a SAFE neighborhood or a CRIME RIDDEN neighborhood?

Old 02-03-2015, 12:47 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,894,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'm pleased it bothers you both so much.
LOL!! Nah, I just accept you for what you are online, and move on. You're just like most other libs.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:44 PM

66 posts, read 95,367 times
Liberals talk the talk but rarely ever walk the walk. They just like to hear the sound of their own voice, I think!

Old 02-03-2015, 01:52 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,692,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
It should most definitely be taken into account, and yes, we all should do that.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:54 PM

137 posts, read 144,725 times
Rich liberals would retort that they live in rich neighborhoods which happen to be white because racism keeps more black people from getting rich.

It's a laughable lie, but that's the status quo answer from rich liberals on these matters. I can quote the stock reply of rich liberals on pretty much every topic in modern discourse due to life circumstance, sadly.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:58 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,115,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofis View Post
I'm wealthier than many of my liberal friends, we were all born and raised in a middle class town on LI. Since they aquired their wealth, they have moved to the most "educated,artsy" community that they could which is predominetly white and Asian. Meanwhile I still live in the same town that I grew up in which has gone somewhat down hill because of diversity. I'll be moving soon because its getting bad, but i noticed my liberal friends high-tailed out of here as soon as they could and very rarely came back. Yet everytime we get together they always bring up diversity, and all the cultural things they do such as Shakespeare in the Park and museums. Why is that?
I also grew up in a middle class town of Long Island (white+black; not many Asians or Latinos there back then) and the teachers were all white liberals who lived out East and drove to work in Acuras and BMW's.

Such is life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.