Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 04:59 PM

22,542 posts, read 12,082,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Because they're conservatives. Conservatives usually deserve disdain no matter what color they are.
My, my, my! Once again you've shown us all just what a tolerant person you are/sarcasm.

In reality, you are one of the most intolerant posters here on CD. Sheesh!

Old 02-01-2015, 05:10 PM

50,438 posts, read 64,253,963 times
This is key to why some of us do not have respect for Liberals. They want the "American values" they profess to abhor, for themselves and their own families, but not for others. They make fun of conservative values, like religious faith, two parent families, military strength, and financial stability, yet they seek it.
It is alright for others to live on welfare, have two Mommies, and be atheists, though. It's even preferable.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:15 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,544,450 times
I see this thread has incredible legs. Has anyone yet provided any evidence to back the claim, "How come liberals always preach diversity but rarely live in diversity?"

Personal anecdotes are not evidence that liberals rarely live in diversity.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:32 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,310,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
I think this thread shows something that most of us already know, liberals/leftists are hypocritical morons. They themselves do what they accuse everyone else of doing.
Actually, I think that is what is called in Philosophy of Logic 101 a "hasty generalization." This means you are making a statement based on a stereotype or a generalization with no proof of anything specific whatsoever.

I disagree, though I confess that I do not really know what you are referring to, when you claim that this "this thread shows something that most of you already know."

I am a liberal/leftist. I live in a neighborhood made up of many different ethnicity groups. Even more specifically, the building I live in is comprised of Hispanics, Asians, Blacks, Whites and Europeans. So I propose that I am not a "hypocritical moron" as you so inelegantly put it.

How about yourself? Can you please show evidence that you are not a "hypocritical moron?" I really do not know what it is that "we ourselves have accused everyone else of doing." Perhaps you can expand on that statement? Please be specific. Thanks.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:42 PM

22,542 posts, read 12,082,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I see this thread has incredible legs. Has anyone yet provided any evidence to back the claim, "How come liberals always preach diversity but rarely live in diversity?"

Personal anecdotes are not evidence that liberals rarely live in diversity.
Did you read the links in post #134?

Old 02-01-2015, 05:42 PM

152 posts, read 143,071 times
This is why they talk about diversity.
You've answered your own question.
Because they haven't been 'educated' yet.

Reminds me of the Paradox of Tolerance Karl Popper talked about:

Quote:
The so-called paradox of freedom is the argument that freedom in the sense of absence of any constraining control must lead to very great restraint, since it makes the bully free to enslave the meek. The idea is, in a slightly different form, and with very different tendency, clearly expressed in Plato.

Less well known is the paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.

Being tolerant of intolerant minorities destroys
the very tolerance many liberals seek to promote.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:07 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,020,396 times
Only the rich elite and few special interest. Its economically based like many other grouping other wise.

Old 02-01-2015, 07:10 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,544,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Did you read the links in post #134?
Thanks, but I couldn't get far in either. The first is a study on education levels, not liberalism. The second ends its first paragraph with, " In fact, many of the proud liberals in these parts of Brooklyn are full of ****." Sorry, not what I was looking for. I'm looking for statistics that tie liberalism, not education, to living patterns, and you can keep the full of **** opinion piece.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:11 AM

7,532 posts, read 5,784,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I guess someone forgot to tell all those liberals living in ethnically diverse cities like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco...

Also the OPs premise(and preceding comments) seem to assume that all liberals are white...
I think most are white. Non whites such as your ghetto and inner city folks could careless about a village, how the play was or whether the art show is this weekend. They vote for their best interests which are hand outs from the Democratic Party or liberals. Odd eh?

Old 02-02-2015, 01:22 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,268,148 times
How come Republicans always preach Christianity but live like the Taliban?

The essence of bigotry is to paint a large group of people with a broad brush and attribute your complaint to each and every one of them. People are individuals, and only a bigot can lump them all together with that kind of statement. I'm playing the part of a bigot to illustrate my point. This whole thread, with 190 messages so far, is based on a bigoted premise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies