Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2015, 09:58 AM

29,610 posts, read 16,600,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
This is basically the answer right here: for most white liberals, being for "diversity" isn't about living with black and brown people, it's about saying that you like diversity. Which is complete nonsense of course, but there it is.
I would ask again why people would claim to like something that they obviously don't, but there probably isn't an answer for that question.

Thats not what he is saying at all, there was a thread a while ago that pretty much explained this. It was about millennials and Facebook friends.

Those who were liberal had friends of multiple ideology and race while those who identified as conservative stuck with their own kind and race.

You dont have to live with people of different race to have friends of different race.

And the other major flaw here it you are arguing hypocrisy(however flawed) on the left while ignoring the rights disdain for diversity.

Its the equivalent of being a drunk and attacking someone else for having one drink.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Precisely. This thread has really exposed their hypocrisy.
You are again proving my point from the other thread.

Further more, this thread has proven nothing. The OP's own claim doesnt make sense seeing as the people all moved away before it became diverse, they didnt leave because of it( it hadent even happened yet)

Old 02-01-2015, 10:18 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,758,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Thats not what he is saying at all, there was a thread a while ago that pretty much explained this. It was about millennials and Facebook friends.

Those who were liberal had friends of multiple ideology and race while those who identified as conservative stuck with their own kind and race.

You dont have to live with people of different race to have friends of different race.

And the other major flaw here it you are arguing hypocrisy(however flawed) on the left while ignoring the rights disdain for diversity.

Its the equivalent of being a drunk and attacking someone else for having one drink.
Hey look who came racing in to step and fetchit for the hypocritical White elites again! In thread after thread, it sounds like all you care about is rhetoric. You remind me of the slaves who chose to stay on the plantations after the emancipation. "Hey let's be happy on the White man's plantation, our slave owner is much more fair than the slave owner down the road.". Unless you leave the plantation, you're still a slave.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Hey look who came racing in to step and fetchit for the hypocritical White elites again! In thread after thread, it sounds like all you care about is rhetoric. You remind me of the slaves who chose to stay on the plantations after the emancipation. "Hey let's be happy on the White man's plantation, our slave owner is much more fair than the slave owner down the road.". Unless you leave the plantation, you're still a slave.
Thread after thread you make that same claim, never actually responding to the context of my post, nor actually backing up the claims you make against me.

Your argument against white elites, is it all whites or just those left of center ?

Are you anti diversity because you believe all black people should hate white people, thats how you come off.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:34 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,295,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So they fled town as soon as the first black people moved in? That isn't very "liberal" of them, is it?
Not sure why you would assume those being referred to are black. The 'undesirables' in LI are lower class whites and Hispanics. Whites make up the majority of LI. And, btw, many liberals have moved into Harlem and Brooklyn which do have large black populations, as well as other ethnic groups.

Racial and Hispanic origin population on Long Island, 2010 Census

Old 02-01-2015, 11:18 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,526,293 times
I think this thread shows something that most of us already know, liberals/leftists are hypocritical morons. They themselves do what they accuse everyone else of doing.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:42 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,286,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofis View Post
I'm wealthier than many of my liberal friends, we were all born and raised in a middle class town on LI. Since they aquired their wealth, they have moved to the most "educated,artsy" community that they could which is predominetly white and Asian. Meanwhile I still live in the same town that I grew up in which has gone somewhat down hill because of diversity. I'll be moving soon because its getting bad, but i noticed my liberal friends high-tailed out of here as soon as they could and very rarely came back. Yet everytime we get together they always bring up diversity, and all the cultural things they do such as Shakespeare in the Park and museums. Why is that?
Many liberals are only politically liberal but, in all other regards conservative. They'll live a completely xenophobic existence except at the ballot box. They merely sympathize with the oppressed.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:16 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,758,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Thread after thread you make that same claim, never actually responding to the context of my post, nor actually backing up the claims you make against me.

Your argument against white elites, is it all whites or just those left of center ?

Are you anti diversity because you believe all black people should hate white people, thats how you come off.
As long as all you do is Tom for the White elites that run the Democratic party, I'm going to keep pointing out that you're a Tom. A good little worker to be patted on the head.

I'm anti-corporate and anti-two party system. You see me rip on the Democratic party so you assume I'm this or that, but you've never once seen me defend the GOP. That's the reality.

Anti-diversity, lol. I lived in the Caribbean and Central America for 20 years, my wife is Black, my kids are mixed and we live in the inner-city, in what is called "a historically African American neighborhood" that's as much Black as it is White. No White guilt here sorry. Maybe that's why I don't feel the need to say all the right things and try to prove how un-racist I am? Instead of living in the suburbs and supporting diversity from the comfort of my ivory tower, I actually live it every day. Nothing more condescending than White, shopping mall activists, with a few Black facebook friends they met in sociology class, who drive into the city for the big protest rally and then flee back to their suburbs, who claim I don't get diversity.

I've never once said all Blacks should hate Whites. What I do say is that Blacks shouldn't step and fetch for Whites that don't represent them and don't have their best interests at heart. i.e. The Democratic party. I don't feel the need to stress that about the GOP because they don't have the ignorant Blacks feeding at their trough like the Democrats do and they haven't held the Presidency in seven years. The way Blacks tend to view the GOP is precisely how they should also view the Democrats, imo. The very foundation of the Progressive movement was to eradicate Blacks or at least a large portion of them. Your Progressives leaders set up Planned Parenthood to eradicate you. If the Black babies they helped kill were walking around today the Black population would be 40% higher than it is today. Let that sink in....the Black population would be 40% more than what it is today. Did the Nazis even manage to exterminate 40% of all the Jews? What would your voting power look like with 40% more votes? It might mean something! You might even be able to launch a viable political party with that type of voting power. Instead, take the Democrat table scraps and be happy because they treat you a little bit better than the GOP. If that's all you expect out of life, or for your children, then you deserve exactly what you get from them.

Old 02-01-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
As long as all you do is Tom for the White elites that run the Democratic party, I'm going to keep pointing out that you're a Tom. A good little worker to be patted on the head.

I'm anti-corporate and anti-two party system. You see me rip on the Democratic party so you assume I'm this or that, but you've never once seen me defend the GOP. That's the reality.
Thats a dodge and you know it. I have flat out asked you how you feel about the GOP and you ignore that portion of my post.

And again, the last 2 post you have responded to were not about party, but ideology. Ideology has no political party.

So even by your own standards, im not "tomming" for anyone.

Quote:
Anti-diversity, lol. I lived in the Caribbean and Central America for 20 years, my wife is Black, my kids are mixed and we live in the inner-city, in what is called "a historically African American neighborhood" that's as much Black as it is White. No White guilt here sorry. Maybe that's why I don't feel the need to say all the right things and try to prove how un-racist I am? Instead of living in the suburbs and supporting diversity from the comfort of my ivory tower, I actually live it every day. Nothing more condescending than White, shopping mall activists, with a few Black facebook friends they met in sociology class, who drive into the city for the big protest rally and then flee back to their suburbs, who claim I don't get diversity.

I've never once said all Blacks should hate Whites. What I do say is that Blacks shouldn't step and fetch for Whites that don't represent them and don't have their best interests at heart. i.e. The Democratic party. I don't feel the need to stress that about the GOP because they don't have the ignorant Blacks feeding at their trough like the Democrats do and they haven't held the Presidency in seven years. The way Blacks tend to view the GOP is precisely how they should also view the Democrats, imo. The very foundation of the Progressive movement was to eradicate Blacks or at least a large portion of them. Your Progressives leaders set up Planned Parenthood to eradicate you. If the Black babies they helped kill were walking around today the Black population would be 40% higher than it is today. Let that sink in....the Black population would be 40% more than what it is today. Did the Nazis even manage to exterminate 40% of all the Jews? What would your voting power look like with 40% more votes? It might mean something! You might even be able to launch a viable political party with that type of voting power. Instead, take the Democrat table scraps and be happy because they treat you a little bit better than the GOP. If that's all you expect out of life, or for your children, then you deserve exactly what you get from them.
First off, i was asking questions, not making a statements; And i did it so i could better understand your stance. I may have left the question mark off and confused you.

Further more, I am a liberal, not a progressive and I have made that very clear on this forum, there is a difference in the ideologies put forth by the 2 groups. So no, the Progressive leaders are not my leaders.

As for your argument about Democratic scraps, that is again flawed. Most black people live in the South and there isnt a single state wide elected Democrat from North Carolina East to Arizona.

You seem to realize that Democrats have no control over the everyday livelyhoods of black people. Your entire argument agaisnt Democrats is based on a flawed Premise.

Barack Obama may be President, be Democrats dont control the State Governorships or their legislative bodys, Heck, Democrats havent even controlled the House since Jan of 2011, and The control the senate was a farce since it tool 60 votes to do anything meaningful .

Last but not least is that crazy abortion Argument. You know how many kids I have ...0, you know how many abortions i have told women to have 0... personal responsibility is the reason for the 40% you speak of, not Democrats or even republicans. most people who have abortions do it because they couldnt afford the consequences of having sex. Thats on them, no one forced them to have sex or have an abortion.

you can blame Democrats all you want but it seems you need to take a look in the mirror first.

Old 02-01-2015, 04:11 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,973,384 times
I don't think most white people, liberal or conservative, have any interest living in a black neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.