Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 02:37 PM

1,495 posts, read 2,303,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
hypocricy.
If you can't spell a word, then I have my doubts about how much you understand its meaning.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,003,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Liberals have an amazing ability to protect their own interests, while spouting ideology that would be self destructive if they were to follow it. I think on some level they must understand that the ideas they promote are naive and unrealistic in the real world, but they WANT them to be right. So they subconsciously protect themselves by consciously choosing to live in the "better" areas without ever looking at the reasons that area is considered better.
This is exactly what ObamaCare is all about, that supposed utopian healthcare reform they want to foist upon average middle-class and working-class Americans but the white liberal elites like themselves are exempt from it.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:03 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,864,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I think people might doubt whether you like black people when somebody said that human beings are a civilized species and you replied:
I like black people, I dislike the subhuman trash that has taken over many areas of those once great cities. That trash comes in all shapes, sizes and colors.

Old 06-17-2011, 07:23 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,945,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
True diversity in it of itself is not a bad thing. It's the type of diversity that causes problems. Moving in poor Black people who don't work, don't want to work and are engaged in self-destructive behaviors is not a wise thing to do. Ironically enough liberal policies such as Section 8 are actually impacting negatively Black middle class areas more so than white.
* "Liberal" Section 8 is not just for black people. It is a last-ditch effort to put a roof over peoples' heads rather than have them wandering the streets.
* Black people who don't want to work?? Black people who engage in self-destructive behavior?? Not sure if you meant it this way....
* There are plenty of white people on section 8. They are for the most part either not wanted locally or unable to relocate (moving costs $$$). How does a poor person just pick up and move (if homeowners)? Section 8 has long waiting lists.
* Your right-wing view is that there are plenty of jobs out there for people who aren't lazy? This is not the 1950s.
* Businesses are outsourcing as much as possible. Businesses cut payroll as much as possible. Witness the mall chains which employ skeleton-crew, minimum-wage, zero-benefits part time workers. These workers cannot in any way afford health care. The hiring is done by email. The stores are run from afar by email. The products are produced by slave labor and imported from (ex. communist China).
* In order to work, a person must BE HIRED by someone else. Yet a business has a right to NOT hire: minorities, seniors or advanced aged (50 up), anybody for any reason including bad hair! An employer can fire anyone for any reason, including the above.
* Stupidity and abberation exist as natural human physical conditions. These people are throwaways in your mind?
* Keep in mind today's "liberal" (as defined by Limbaugh) may well be a moderate.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,449,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roofis View Post
I'm wealthier than many of my liberal friends, we were all born and raised in a middle class town on LI. Since they aquired their wealth, they have moved to the most "educated,artsy" community that they could which is predominetly white and Asian. Meanwhile I still live in the same town that I grew up in which has gone somewhat down hill because of diversity. I'll be moving soon because its getting bad, but i noticed my liberal friends high-tailed out of here as soon as they could and very rarely came back. Yet everytime we get together they always bring up diversity, and all the cultural things they do such as Shakespeare in the Park and museums. Why is that?
I've thought about this as well.

The white people I know who are the most politically correct, liberal, and supportive of racial diversity somehow manage to live in the least racially diverse, whitest areas.

One lives in Santa Barbara, a wealthy, isolated enclave on the coast of Southern California.

Another lives in San Francisco, which likes to think of itself as diverse but is really only so in a patchwork quilt sort of way (I know; I lived there.) The different races and other groups don't mix together much (unlike "conservative" San Diego, where they do.)

Another friend has lived in Boulder, CO, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and now Denmark. He's not exactly surrounded by people of color.

In the meantime, I hear that the most rabidly liberal parts of the U.S. that buy into diversity are the least diverse and whitest: Oregon, Washington, Vermont. Santa Cruz, California. Marin County, California. Berkeley, California (divided between the white hills and the non-white flats, like the rest of the East Bay.)

Also, take a look at Hollywood. Liberal, politically correct, and segregated like the rest of LA.

It all reminds me of when my dog is in the car and he barks at other dogs as I pass them by at 30 miles an hour.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:05 AM

6,404 posts, read 6,297,067 times
Quote:
I'm wealthier than many of my liberal friends, we were all born and raised in a middle class town on LI. Since they aquired their wealth, they have moved to the most "educated,artsy" community that they could which is predominetly white and Asian. Meanwhile I still live in the same town that I grew up in which has gone somewhat down hill because of diversity. I'll be moving soon because its getting bad, but i noticed my liberal friends high-tailed out of here as soon as they could and very rarely came back. Yet everytime we get together they always bring up diversity, and all the cultural things they do such as Shakespeare in the Park and museums. Why is that?

It is one thing to embrace diversity, it is another to want to live in a beaten down city. I think you've answered your own question.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:54 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,562,206 times
Quote:
It's the same way they want wind power as long as it's not in there back yard because they are hypocrites pure and simple.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:03 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,727,097 times
Quote:
I am trying to track the time line and chronology of events. Did your liberal friends leave prior to the explosion of diversity where you all grew up together? If they left before the area has gone down hill and has gotten bad {sic}, then they were not fleeing "diversity". However, it seems to me that your timing and statements implies that you indeed are fleeing diversity. That creates a distinction with a difference in my opinion.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:52 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
It is one thing to embrace diversity, it is another to want to live in a beaten down city. I think you've answered your own question.
But if they live in lily-white towns they aren't "embracing diversity," are they?

This is a question that I've wondered about myself. Why would people who live in lily-white neighborhoods claim that racial diversity is so great when they obviously don't think that it is? It would be like some guy who weighs 300 pounds telling anyone who would listen how great jogging is, and how much he loves to get out on the road and run five miles. Any fool can see that he doesn't. I mean, what's the point?

Last edited by fat lou; 01-30-2015 at 01:00 PM..

Old 01-30-2015, 12:41 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,758,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I guess someone forgot to tell all those liberals living in ethnically diverse cities like New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco...

Also the OPs premise(and preceding comments) seem to assume that all liberals are white...
Yeah, lot's of White Liberals living on the South side of Chicago or the Bronx . Typical nonsense. Live in the hip, trendy, expensive neighborhood and avoid the "diverse" neighborhood, the claim your CITY is diverse, lol. Same with schools. Send your kids to an inner-city public school so you can brag about the diversity, then get them into the lily-White AP and IB programs so they don't have to actually interact with the peasants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.