Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 12:27 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Ah yes, extreme poverty would be a good thing for the country.
We did fine before there was a welfare state.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:29 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,226,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
We did fine before there was a welfare state.
Not really, we have people living in dark windowless rooms like animals, and had elderly dying from starvation. I don't think you have any idea how rough it was before welfare programs.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:38 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,246,406 times
I too noticed that liberals almost NEVER practice what they preach about diversity. I am convinced that there are 2 groups of liberals in America today: the ruling class liberals that manipulate what we see and hear in the media and learn in school, and the average Joe liberal that honestly thinks he is enlightened and charitable and forward-thinking.

The ruling group knows reality all too well, and they preach the liberal doctrine because it is the key to keeping Big Government power and wealth in America today. They themselves aren't going to put up the crime, danger, and increased cost of living in a "diverse" city neighborhood--but they WILL force lowly citizens to suffer those costs. After all, by lowering the quality of life for the average citizen, it makes their extreme wealth and power all the more striking. They'll use their Big Businesses to avoid taxes altogether, while approving more and more taxes on the lowly working class. They'll tell the working class to carpool to work, after arriving to the event in a Lear jets and pocketing a $100,000 speaking fee.

The second group, the average Joe liberal, thinks the Democrat Party and the liberal press are the authority figures that he must follow. He is similar to the religious person: "tell me what to think, and I'll lay my life down in support of it." For neither the religious nut nor the Average Joe Liberal can you try to discuss specifics, or point out the results of studies or analyses, or examine the details of why they believe this or that. They have gotten the CONCLUSION from their authority figures; they don't know the details or the thought process behind ideas like "diversity is great," and they will absolutely refuse to look at evidence which contradicts their beliefs--even when it is put in front of them. Every bit of evidence that doesn't support their position is a lie, no matter what. But every claim made by the liberal media is absolute truth--despite being backed up by nothing but the unsubstantiated claim of the writer/speaker. For this reason, I often see conservatives post citations, studies, analyses, etc. to support their claim, while liberals respond with posts consisting of nothing but "you're wrong." To a liberal, they think their unsubstantiated opinion is as valuable as a citation of a peer-reviewed study that is citied by experts in the field for years afterward as a valid and valuable work.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:40 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Not really, we have people living in dark windowless rooms like animals, and had elderly dying from starvation. I don't think you have any idea how rough it was before welfare programs.
So would cutting off welfare to poor people who keep having more babies bother you?

Would cutting off welfare to able-bodied people so that they had to do the jobs "Americans won't do" (and that are now done by illegal aliens) bother you?

There is plenty of fat to cut out of the welfare system.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
So would cutting off welfare to poor people who keep having more babies bother you?

Would cutting off welfare to able-bodied people so that they had to do the jobs "Americans won't do" (and that are now done by illegal aliens) bother you?

There is plenty of fat to cut out of the welfare system.
Do you actually think this describes everyone on welfare?

Old 02-05-2015, 01:12 AM

393 posts, read 504,255 times
I love the way Libs want us to cut back on gas, will not do more drilling in U.S. , and preach about global warming, but they ride in limos, have/rent private jets and heat/cool their big houses. This really describes the Libs in Wadhington and Hollywood!

Old 02-05-2015, 01:19 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,188,060 times
How did this thread get this far?

America's urban areas are both its most diverse and its most liberal places. One need not look any further than election results.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:24 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,188,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSpartan View Post
Welfare voters and illegals, both on the welfare system, nothing more.

But hey I guess Getthos are a sight of pride for the Left.

I have the feeling either a cross burning or a troll convention would be a sight of pride to you. Not sure which, but doesn't matter either way.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSpartan View Post
Are you saying those cases do not exist?

Funny how leftist refuse to see reality as it is..
I am saying that they are not the norm, there are people who are actually in need of assistance that do not fit the myth of a woman pumping out children for more welfare.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
How did this thread get this far?

America's urban areas are both its most diverse and its most liberal places. One need not look any further than election results.
Simple, we seem to have had a flood of "new members" recently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies