Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 09:49 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
If EVERYTHING is equal in the high school then I guarantee the "Gaps" wont be there. For example a boarding school...but we don't know what environment those kids go home to.

Its either that or you believe blacks and Mexicans are inferior to whites and Asians are superior to whites genetically?

The Uranium question WOULD be on standardized tests like the SAT which is where you got your "Blacks are inferior" statistics from.

And I have seen racially biased questions like

A Marathon is to Running like a Regatta is to _______?

Tell me how the hell a minority is going to know or be exposed to a Regatta?

Its the equivalent of asking white suburbanites in Connecticut to name 5 Tupac albums.

So yes Id have to see the tests first...but being that its a test to be a cop/firefighter there's no excuse to fail it since its not very difficult.
I'm not a minority and have never been exposed to a regatta, but I know what it is.....So what's your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 09:51 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I'm not a minority and have never been exposed to a regatta, but I know what it is.....So what's your point?
You would have beat me on the test, and I'm white. So I guess it is biased.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
This similar thing is happening in other cities regarding civil service tests.
This are government tests and they are biased against minorities ?

*shakes head*. Just get rid of all the tests and hang a sign up on the door "Only minorities need apply". That's what they really want so just do it already.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:06 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
It's hard to read cheat notes from a black palm.
Crime, poverty, and now this...LOL oh no, not another excuse.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:22 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
would have to see the test before i pass judgment.

i know whites used to manipulate tests to prevent blacks from passing.
Back before the Post office went "private" you had to take the Civil Service exam.

My uncle was the administrator for the exam in Wash, DC.

It was determined that not enough blacks were passing the exam so they gave them a different exam. They still couldn't score high enough.

Result, the quit requiring blacks to take the exam.

Old 06-12-2011, 10:28 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDirector View Post
If EVERYTHING is equal in the high school then I guarantee the "Gaps" wont be there. For example a boarding school...but we don't know what environment those kids go home to.

Its either that or you believe blacks and Mexicans are inferior to whites and Asians are superior to whites genetically?

The Uranium question WOULD be on standardized tests like the SAT which is where you got your "Blacks are inferior" statistics from.

And I have seen racially biased questions like

A Marathon is to Running like a Regatta is to _______?

Tell me how the hell a minority is going to know or be exposed to a Regatta?

Its the equivalent of asking white suburbanites in Connecticut to name 5 Tupac albums.

So yes Id have to see the tests first...but being that its a test to be a cop/firefighter there's no excuse to fail it since its not very difficult.
I've never been exposed to a Regatta, but I can watch a news report on TV and learn about the Regatta Cup. Do blacks not own television sets? Herman Melville didn't have to be a whale to write, "Moby Dick."

Old 06-12-2011, 11:18 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
What do you people think of the military entrance exam? Do you think it correlates in any way to intelligence? If not, then should we get rid of it? Or should it be changed? In what way?

"Nearly 40 percent of black students and 30 percent of Hispanics don't pass, compared to 16 percent of whites.... The average score for blacks is 38 and for Hispanics is 44, compared to whites' average score of 55. The scores reflect the similar racial gaps on other standardized exams."

23 Percent Can't Pass Military Exam

I mean, if the military exam is nothing but a knowledge test espousing the racial gaps in America's education system, then there has to be some kind of test that actually gauges real intelligence that blacks and whites would have to score relatively equally on? Does such a test exist?

Can someone direct me at any standardized test at all that blacks score as well as whites?

I'll give you a hint, there isn't one. There is nothing but a bunch of racial apologists, sitting around blaming racism, discrimination, cultural or economic differences for anything and everything. These people honestly want you to believe that we are all born exactly equal and only our environment determines our potential. But is that what they really believe? Or is that only what they want to believe, or what they want us to believe for some egalitarian goal?

If you want to understand how politics and wishful thinking about the issue of genetics really works, you should read a little about Trofim Lysenko. His "scientific breakthroughs" set back real Soviet genetic science half a century. Thats what you people remind me of when you just blindly deny everything for the sake of political correctness.

Trofim Lysenko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lysenkoism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies