Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 06:51 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,532,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofis View Post
I say Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and Germany!
Im sure all those countries want the newt gingrich's of America
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 07:24 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Will these countries with strict immigrations laws accept Americans who have the means to never need employment? I can understand them not wanting outsiders competing for scarce jobs...but it seems like they would welcome new taxpayers that are self-supporting. Or are we so obnoxious that they don't want us period?

Just wondering...
Actually, I am generalizing here, but the basic requirements are completely different from ours. I think they have it right. There's is basically what you can you do for us immigration policy. Most have a point system. You get points based on a number of factors. You get points for being younger and you get negative points for being older. You get points for having a skill that is in demand and no points for a skill that is not. You can also qualify if you invest and start a business that employs 10 or more people.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:27 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
It's pretty close to that right now. Canada is about first choice. Venezuela might accept a few thousand for publicity value before closing the door. Presently Israel will accept you if you are Jewish, but that will likely change. Brazil? Will non whites be able to flee?
Yeah, that's what worries me. What country is going to want Black Americans who are descendants of American slaves and have no other homeland that they know of? I won't want to stay here either and I think Black people are going to be persona non grata. Rats.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:39 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
I would want to become a citizen of Monaco but I am not rich or connected enough. Drats!

Old 06-11-2011, 07:43 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,565,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Yeah, that's what worries me. What country is going to want Black Americans who are descendants of American slaves and have no other homeland that they know of? I won't want to stay here either and I think Black people are going to be persona non grata. Rats.
Don't think countries are gonna accept white Americans with open arms either. People are generally not happy with invaders into their country of any kind.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:52 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Why wait? leave now before your fantasy happens,and dont forget to leave your family and friends behind. and no you cant come back

Old 06-11-2011, 08:17 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,915,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You think there are enough Canadians to close that 3,100 mile border? If they "close the border like we did with Mexico" it shouldn't be any trouble getting in, it certainly hasn't stopped the Mexicans.
You might be able to physically cross the border, but what happens after that? You won't be able to rent an apartment or get a job - they'd check your ID, just like here at home. Do you think there'd be enough under the table jobs for millions of Americans to take?

Besides, any conflict that would create problems big enough for a mass exodus would probably spill over into Canada. I doubt conditions would be much better up there.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:30 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,806 times
Default "Ah Mixed Up Lookin Bunch Takin Flight Outta Heay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofis View Post
I say Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and Germany!
roofis !!! .. Interesting Stuff !

Upon further consideration roofis ... perhaps there may be a whole boat load of them mean ole white folks that could possibly ... possibly mind you there now roofis, prevent the so called final fall or "Going To Hades" as you have denoted above^ !

Yep ... Ya nevva knowd jest what might be ah happenin on that thar ole day ! What !

Could be a hole heap ah other mixed up lookin blighters ah hankerin ta git tha tarnation outta tha States ! Ya jest nevva knowd now does ya roofis ? Quite !

Ta / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 06-11-2011, 09:18 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.funk View Post
roofis !!! .. Interesting stuff !

Upon further consideration roofis ... Perhaps there may be a whole boat load of them mean ole white folks that could possibly ... Possibly mind you there now roofis, prevent the so called final fall or "going to hades" as you have denoted above^ !

Yep ... Ya nevva knowd jest what might be ah happenin on that thar ole day ! What !

Could be a hole heap ah other mixed up lookin blighters ah hankerin ta git tha tarnation outta tha states ! Ya jest nevva knowd now does ya roofis ? Quite !

ta / old sgt. Lamar
wtf?

Old 06-11-2011, 09:26 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
All of you please give me your names, social security numbers and copies of your passports. I will contact every country in the world and do my best to make sure you leave our country.
Ha ha! You libs said that if Bush became president, then you would move to Canada. Then, you all said that if he got voted in again, you all would definately leave. Y'all are still here. And your man, is making it worse! Wish you would have left when you promised to!
We have been trying to leave since Obama was voted in. It is very hard to move. 2 years and we are still here and still trying to leave. It would be easier to get rid of the problem by voting him out, then it would be for us "righties" to get the heck out.
If it were as easy as giving up my SS#, then we would have left years ago. Nice try, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies