Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 01:43 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times

Advertisements

Anthony Weiner at the House Members' Gym | Celebrity Photos | TMZ.com

I was a big fan of this guy but it's time for him to resign. The photos just keep coming and this scandal is doing nothing for the country and only serves to harm Dem causes and credibility. Maybe he can rehab himself and make a comeback but as of now, he really needs to go. I just can't accept his lack of judgement and lying and refuse to be an apologist for any of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 01:47 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
He has to leave because he's been naked in the House Members gym? What part of "gym" has you confused?

Old 06-12-2011, 01:49 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Can you also post the transcripts on Twitter? I think all those who are defending him will change their minds when they hear and see what he was up to. Same thing with Mel Gibson. I didn't think it was so bad until I heard the tapes. No one can defend things after hearing and seeing for themselves. Truth in the light of day sort of thing.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
He has to leave because he's been naked in the House Members gym? What part of "gym" has you confused?

LOL, look at the pics---if you can dare have your defense rattled.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:51 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,887 times
Quote:
He needs to go because he lied passionately about all of it when it was more widespread than most would've ever thought. A married congressman sending damn near nude photos out on twitter to anonymous women on the web show a tremendous lack of judgement. How you don't see that is what I'm confused about.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:51 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,028,327 times
I could honestly care a less about his party affiliation. Someone yielding that much power in the United States government does not deserve it, doing crap like that is perverted and disgusting. And I honestly believe he isn't sorry he did/does that....He is only sorry he got caught.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:54 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I was a big fan of this guy but it's time for him to resign. The photos just keep coming and this scandal is doing nothing for the country and only serves to harm Dem causes and credibility. Maybe he can rehab himself and make a comeback but as of now, he really needs to go. I just can't accept his lack of judgement and lying and refuse to be an apologist for any of it.
I agree. Personally, I'm not bothered by transgressive behavior when it comes to sexuality as long as it doesn't harm others, but the politics of his behavior have to be taken into consideration. Even if his constituents still like him, he's making things difficult for his fellow Democrats in Congress.

A leave of absence isn't enough at this point. He needs to step down and stay out of the limelight for a couple of years. He's not old, so he's got plenty of time to make a comeback later on.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:56 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:

It's not the nakedness in the gym. It's the self-portraits of himself in a state of near nakedness that give people pause to wonder. Why would a married man take pictures of his own erect penis and send it to someone he knows only online? If nothing else, this crosses the line of decency.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It's not the nakedness in the gym. It's the self-portraits of himself in a state of near nakedness that give people pause to wonder. Why would a married man take pictures of his own erect penis and send it to someone he knows only online? If nothing else, this crosses the line of decency.
That crosses the line into crazy!!!

Old 06-12-2011, 02:05 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
When this is more important to people than the economy, I really worry about my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies